Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How corrupt is football?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The linesman flagged it and apparently because there was 'no camera', Dean couldn't overrule it, so had to stick with on field decision... conveniently.
This is the case in hockey and baseball. It has to be conclusive to be overturned.

However, this looked shockingly different.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Toti by playing the ball played him on. It's a rule! Toti wasn't offside, Nunes was when he got the ball back after taking the corner. Get your facts straight before starting a thread. It's been done to death on the Comms/verdict threads.
Technically yes but Salah was in the middle of the area and as such was influencing play.Toti had to go for it and Salah benefited..
We will never know but I will lay odds if that was us it would have been chalked off

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We the fans need to take action to remove VAR from our game - it will hurt us in the short term but we must do it (assuming this is the view of the majority).

the way to do it would be to boycott TV games - we know from the pandemic that games in empty stadiums aren’t attractive to broadcasters. I would be happy to do it - but would everyone else ?

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Definitely onside, this is the exact moment it hits Hwangs head. Why did they lie and say there wasnt a camera angle?
The ref who signalled the linesman to put his flag up is not even looking at Nunes there and is looking at the ball as you’d expect.

Smells bad this decision. Nunes stuff seems to be made up after the event. Would love them to publish an audio of the VAR ruminations.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Technically yes but Salah was in the middle of the area and as such was influencing play.Toti had to go for it and Salah benefited..
We will never know but I will lay odds if that was us it would have been chalked off
2/3 years ago Utd conceded a similar goal but it was chalked off because it was deemed the attempted header was influenced by the player behind the defender .
If Madley (Dean) had chalked it off would there have been that much of an argument?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Definitely onside, this is the exact moment it hits Hwangs head. Why did they lie and say there wasnt a camera angle?

Wow. So there was a camera angle after all? That’s made me even angrier!

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A simple question. How do VAR know who was being flagged for offside? The linesman doesn’t communicate that after every goal.

So a second question. Why conveniently assume it wasn’t Toti who was being flagged off? Oh…

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s a lot tighter when Hwang heads the ball.

Based on Trent’s foot that’s closest to the byline, this is as good as I could do line wise.

Still onside though!!

4CDF86DA-948C-4266-88BF-707805E9305C.jpeg

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's absolutely disgusting, travelling home now of what should have been a great win with friends who don't get to many games and have to put up with this blatant cheating, ruining memories and moments together is killing football outside the big 6 it's blatant cheating and going to end up with me giving up on the game I've loved all my life.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ref who signalled the linesman to put his flag up is not even looking at Nunes there and is looking at the ball as you’d expect.

Smells bad this decision. Nunes stuff seems to be made up after the event. Would love them to publish an audio of the VAR ruminations.
My thoughts entirely. We need to hear the conversation between Ref, linesman and VAR for transparency. We won’t though. The Warren commission is more transparent than these ******s.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As again proven tonight, the Corruption runs extremely large.

UNTIL there is an Urgent and as wide ranging Independent Public Inquiry into the Standards of Officiating and Refereeing in Association Football across England - which really dives into the issue at large, such lunacy will continue.

What’s the point of celebrating a goal anymore? The game is ruined.

W

WasStefan

As again proven tonight, the Corruption runs extremely large.

UNTIL there is an Urgent and as wide ranging Independent Public Inquiry into the Standards of Officiating and Refereeing in Association Football across England - which really dives into the issue at large, such lunacy will continue.

What’s the point of celebrating a goal anymore? The game is ruined.
Set up a fan committee about VAR mate

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The bias is obvious. Only question is why?
Is it blatant corruption or is it due to the more servere pressure on refs by the bigger clubs?

I think its to do with the people who pay these hundreds of millions to clubs for just being in the Premier, the Champions League. etc
they wont let the likes of (B Listers) Leicester ever win the Premier again, only the box office star clubs will attract the investment back.

Last edited:

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
I think it’s a lot tighter when Hwang heads the ball.

Based on Trent’s foot that’s closest to the byline, this is as good as I could do line wise.

Still onside though!!

View attachment 32311
If it is really that tight, why does the linesman put his flag up?

They never put their flags up unless it's obvious. Lino needs sacking!!

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If it is really that tight, why does the linesman put his flag up?

They never put their flags up unless it's obvious. Lino needs sacking!!
He seemingly put it up because the referee told him to put it up after the goal

Conveniently no VAR video replay which would have showed that fairly blatantly

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently it was Nunes offside. Your point still stands though. No definitive camera angle my ****. Either we’ve got VAR or we haven’t. :mad:
Absolute **** take. The cameras used to implement VAR at the home stadium of England's most successful club, are apparently not fit for purpose.

I'm calling BS. Corrupt to the core. VAR is being used to finesse the preferred results if possible.

mac tíre

Reaction score
Stinks. Cast your mind back to attempted big 6 breakaway, remember? Those teams getting all the decisions is not coincidence. It is done to increase the gap between them and the rest so that a league of their own appears justified. Big 6 should have been expelled for what they tried, instead they continue to be rewarded. Stinks.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's absolutely disgusting, travelling home now of what should have been a great win with friends who don't get to many games and have to put up with this blatant cheating, ruining memories and moments together is killing football outside the big 6 it's blatant cheating and going to end up with me giving up on the game I've loved all my life.
its a shame Bugsy but there are many who feel the same, good loyal fans like your good self are walking away from a once OUR great game,
The cheating,
The time wasting,
The corruption,
Tickets Rip Off.

All adds up to moving on from the game we once knew,

W

WasStefan

Absolute **** take. The cameras used to implement VAR at the home stadium of England's most successful club, are apparently not fit for purpose.

I'm calling BS. Corrupt to the core. VAR is being used to finesse the preferred results if possible.

Attachments

• CFB0DC0F-5563-4E9E-BD4F-E53C6072D176.jpeg
    CFB0DC0F-5563-4E9E-BD4F-E53C6072D176.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 28

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We the fans need to take action to remove VAR from our game - it will hurt us in the short term but we must do it (assuming this is the view of the majority).

the way to do it would be to boycott TV games - we know from the pandemic that games in empty stadiums aren’t attractive to broadcasters. I would be happy to do it - but would everyone else ?
Let's blockade stockley park. Anyone can leave but stop people and stuff from entering.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought at the time the flag went up v late if it was for Nunes. What is the ref doing there? Odd.

The Nunes explanation smells like searching for a justification after the event, since it would be clearly inconsistent to give the Salah one and not the Toti one which is what I think they flagged for

Yes lino flags ridiculously late if the decision is for Nunes not Toti Gomes. Seems to me lino has flagged for the latter, and replays and VAR have cobbled together the reason to rule it out.

Truly ridiculous decision.

Back
Top Bottom