Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People here are in a dream world. We won't in any universe sign three first team ready players in January. We will sign one of we are lucky without selling anyone.

I don't think we should panic this January anyway, this squad is plenty good enough to stay up and we can reevaluate properly in the summer.

I think we can bring in 3 players, but they will probably be loans mostly.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People here are in a dream world. We won't in any universe sign three first team ready players in January. We will sign one of we are lucky without selling anyone.

I don't think we should panic this January anyway, this squad is plenty good enough to stay up and we can reevaluate properly in the summer.
If we don’t, we will go down.

These players are not plenty good enough to stay up at all. As shown by their form over the last 9 months. 2 wins in 21 games! It’s not a short blip. A centre back and a centre forward is the absolute minimum we need to give ourselves a chance of survival.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don’t, we will go down.

These players are not plenty good enough to stay up at all. As shown by their form over the last 9 months. 2 wins in 21 games! It’s not a short blip. A centre back and a centre forward is the absolute minimum we need to give ourselves a chance of survival.

A right back and 2 central defenders. Then if there’s money a forward but defence is top priority.

Doesn’t have to be expensive. Back in for Dawson please and then a full back like maybe Veltman if Brighton aren’t using him

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A right back and 2 central defenders. Then if there’s money a forward but defence is top priority.

Doesn’t have to be expensive. Back in for Dawson please and then a full back like maybe Veltman if Brighton aren’t using him
Both as important as each other imo. We’re shipping loads of goals and not scoring any. Both problems need to be fixed or we’re done.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And then there's the immobile midfield that cannot press(Traore aside) and allows overloads out wide - yesterday was eye opening on the latter. Lop obvs likes his teams to press.

There are problems everywhere.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And then there's the immobile midfield that cannot press(Traore aside) and allows overloads out wide - yesterday was eye opening on the latter. Lop obvs likes his teams to press.

There are problems everywhere.
Yep. There’s not a single thing we do well.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both as important as each other imo. We’re shipping loads of goals and not scoring any. Both problems need to be fixed or we’re done.

We’ll potentially have a fit Raul & Neto, a fitter Costa and a more invested Guedes after the World Cup, scoring goals issue can be helped by conceding less. If we only need to score 1 to win we’ll be ok. I know people dream of free flowing multi scoring matches, but for now we have to be pragmatic and grind out some wins

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll potentially have a fit Raul & Neto, a fitter Costa and a more invested Guedes after the World Cup, scoring goals issue can be helped by conceding less. If we only need to score 1 to win we’ll be ok. I know people dream of free flowing multi scoring matches, but for now we have to be pragmatic and grind out some wins
Both Raul and Neto have looked really poor when they’ve played, so I’m not expecting either to come back and start scoring regularly. I agree we need to grind out some 1-0’s but we’ve scored 8 goals all season, we need at least one other player who can chip in.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really cant believe anyone thinks this current group of players doesnt need players adding to it in January. Look at the form since April. This group will go down without 3 or 4 coming in during January. Too many overrated players and players who have seen better days at the club.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do. The problem is convincing people to come to a side who look nailed on for relegation.
We convinced our new (quality) head coach didn’t we.

Newcastle convinced Guimaraes, Trippier, Targett and Burn last January, when they looked nailed in for relegation. Look at the difference they made and where they finished.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We convinced our new (quality) head coach didn’t we.

Newcastle convinced Guimaraes, Trippier, Targett and Burn last January, when they looked nailed in for relegation. Look at the difference they made and where they finished.

Well said, We need to do what Newcastle did in January.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's imperative we get a couple of homegrown players...... obviously Dawson is the obvious one for centre back.....

Right back.....loan move maybe for Aaron wan bissaka, DJed Spence .....Ben Johnson........

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had been wondering if we could sign players during the World Cup break. Lets face it. We only have one or two games before January. Maybe some clubs could do business during the break? Would mean we could get some players integrated into the squad.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The main signing is already done
I believe the new manager will improve every aspect of the team, his new additions will be well considered and the impact major
We will climb the league
We are on our way back

Lop is good but he will need some more tools in January to help him without a doubt.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lop is good but he will need some more tools in January to help him without a doubt.
Yes and I believe targets are already identified and players to keep us up is stage one of the rebuild
Further additions and departures in the summer

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Need a Striker and an experienced CB minimum. Winger too if I'm being greedy.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had been wondering if we could sign players during the World Cup break. Lets face it. We only have one or two games before January. Maybe some clubs could do business during the break? Would mean we could get some players integrated into the squad.
I woud have thought players will become available from countries who are knocked out at the World Cup and come home before the tournament is finished.

We will definitely have some of our recruitment team out there. Not sure they fill me with confidence though.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goals give confidence so players with a history of scoring goals. Be that strikers , wingers , central midfielders. Loan out toti and mosquera and bring in two established centre halves.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always wonder how we "are keeping tabs" on any player after dismantling the scouting network.
I imagine like everything else it will Shi as nobody else is employed in that area.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really cant believe anyone thinks this current group of players doesnt need players adding to it in January. Look at the form since April. This group will go down without 3 or 4 coming in during January. Too many overrated players and players who have seen better days at the club.
We do need a few experienced players in. Seeing as we shifted our most experienced players out in the summer..

I don’t think this is the window for buying for the future, let’s just add some metal and goals to the first team squad.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree , the right back position if we don't get a player in their we are screwed . Also CM and a Striker at least .

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being brutally honest there arent many players in our squad that I would be sad to see leave in January and that sort of says it all.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. There’s not a single thing we do well.

Crap set pieces time and time again, players that cant cross a ball, players that cant keep possession or pass and move, hardly any press, defence that now leaks like a sieve, no real leaders. All of this was on show yesterday and has been most of the car crash of a season so far. There is no identity to this side at all. Lopetegui is going to have to perform miracles and have good help in the January transfer window to keep us up.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dawson would give us that PL experience in defence.

Someone at RB… don’t know who.

CF….. vital. Someone mentioned Brereton-Diaz…. Maybe but apparently Blackburn won’t sell. Although money talks. Saying that he’s not proven is he? I’ve looked more at Martin Terrier….. looks good. Predominately winger or left forward I think. But apparently can play CF. Would he come? Suspect we would have to break our transfer record to get him.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah think the talk before season was younger players in . What we need is players that are experienced but not past it .

Love Mouts and Costa but you can see at tes with both they should be playing 30 minutes max each game and that's if needed .

Really think wolves need to make some key decisions in January or I still fear the drop . Even if we had Klopp or Pep incharge.

I said before Haaland would struggle in our team . That's because we don't create the chances as so deep or looking for easy pass .so strikersget a chance or two Max each game . Hence looking at Costa , Fabio etc and Raul nothing to feed off so drop deep . Then we have no one up top when we get it back as so deep.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a decent GK and a quality midfielder.

I therefore make it just the 9 first teamers we need. No pressure.
Sa, Neves, and Bueno are safe for me right now.

Nunes, is safe for now, assuming we play him in his natural position. He's too expensive to not try to fix.

Guedes is probably safe from familiarity. He'll start at the beginning at least.

I could see B. Traore continue to start as well.

We really need a Right Back and a Striker. I wouldn't mind another winger either. I'd also play Ruben a bit higher up the pitch.

One of Kilman or Collins start. Veteran signed to play beside for this year.

Sa
NEW - NEW - Kilman - Bueno
Traore Nunes
Neves
NEW - NEW - Guedes

However, that's a lot for January. Maybe we try to convert RAN to RB. Maybe we continue to start Podence (ew).

But striker first and foremost.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Without sounding defeatist, unless there’s a miracle I think we’re going down.

With that said it does pose a question about what to do in January.

Do we pay over the top for experienced players who might give us a chance of staying up but will be very expensive in a Championship wage bill or do we go for a reboot of the project and put together a new team of cheaper young players who after a year of the Chump could set us up for another stint in the Prem?

Back
Top Bottom