Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester City Verdict

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
It's almost got to the point where you want time to fast forward until we are relegated. Then we can at least try and reset, get rid of a load of players, and try and come back with a side based on our promising younger players and the odd senior player that wants to stick around. Hope I am wrong, but can't see the next seven months being anything other than a slow painful death! I am usually fairly optimistic too!
Said similar during the game, wish we could just go straight to the Championship now and not have to put up with all the **** we are going to get from the travelling fans at Molineux all season. Might seem defeatist but I am really struggling to see anyway out of the mess we are in.
The only bright spot in our team is Bueno at the moment.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was no shape and no stamina. When the second went it the heads went down. Jonny was a bomb scare.
Neves and Nunes were letting Moutinho do a passable impression of a cone. It’s hard to believe they all speak the same language.

So for me it’s time to completely rebuild. Accept that we are probably ****ed and plan on coming back at the first attempt . January will probably see Neves go . Time to look at some champions ship players to help get us back up.
Keep Bueno. He looks great .

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Considering we have possibly the fastest player in the Prem, how come there’s no pace in our attacks? Traore needs to be given balls to chase. Surely he can be coached to make these runs.

Time and time again, Costa was on the shoulder of the last defender waiting for a through ball that never came.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After buying my most expensive ST ever to watch this shambles , will they be reduced next year for the lower grade football we will have to watch ?
No.
The old line
As a gesture to you for your magnificent support we're holding ST prices at the same low rate which means you're getting more games for the same great price!

Will be rolled out.

T

TheConcourse

Shouldn't there be strings coming out of Davis and Collins and Sellars manipulating them.....

Sellars, a tactical genius in his own mind.....
I just love, absolutely love, that we’ve been tactically battered and this clown is holding whiteboards.

If this isn’t enough for Jeff to realise how inadequate this fraudster is then I don’t know what else it will take.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utterly rubbish again heads dropped going a goal down. We need a manager to get them going old school style. None of this Iberian rubbish we seem to be waiting for. Players downed tools after 12 games looking forward to moves away from the club??

Give me Mick McCarthy, Dyche or Allardyce any day of the week. At least these old school managers got players fighting for every last ball on the pitch. Pretty or not. We cannot accept these kind of poor performances week in week out.

Currently we can’t defend or score which is a recipe for relegation and that is where we are clearly heading after 12 games….. Wow

VAR OUT

Groupie
Reaction score
Was Jonny hung out to dry or what? This isn’t just Bruno’s work. Heads must roll! Turning on Sellars was embarrassing, he doesn’t call
the shots .
No guts lads, stick it to Jeff/Guo! We’ve got a get out of jail card with Nuno IMO. Bring our man home.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa 2 dopey on the ball
Jonny 0 absolutely horrednous . Should have been subbed first half
Collins 3
Kilman 0. half soaked clown
Bueno 6 best player
Neves 5 not his best
Moutinho 0 complete waste of space . God knows why he was in the team
Nunes 0 out of position though . But he has to score
Traore 5 only threat
Costa 0 anonymous
Podence 0 missed a sitter. Didn’t do anything else

Davis shouldn’t have changed the starting 11 and should have made subs 20 minutes in. He is absolutely clueless

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today was actually similar to Southampton (0-6) at home in that it was a totally undeserved scoreline. Of course, we were overachieving then which is why everyone was quick to forget it and we're underachieving now which is why people will be livid.
Said that on the match day thread. Spot on. We didn’t deserve to be toned like that but we would not have scored if we had still been playing.

Seriously in trouble. Nunes didn’t want to come here did he? He isn’t being used in the right way but he looks weak

T

TheConcourse

Said that on the match day thread. Spot on. We didn’t deserve to be toned like that but we would not have scored if we had still been playing.

Seriously in trouble. Nunes didn’t want to come here did he? He isn’t being used in the right way but he looks weak
I think Leicester knew exactly what they were doing. Easiest game they’ll have all season.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Some reports are saying Sellars is having a big say on starting line ups and subs.
Not sure how true that is.
There should be a main board inquest at Guo level and heads may roll.
How good is the Grasshoppers manager, or management team?

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We needed a CDM but spunked 40m on another winger in Guedes. Just crazy bizarre decisions like this is why we're dog **** right now. MF lacks energy, oh and we couldnt hit a barn door either.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The kindest thing I can say is we at least gave it a go in the second half but the difference in class from a quality perspective was stark. And that’s coming against a side who themselves have been devoid of confidence and had an awful away record prior to today.

The lack of athleticism in that side was ruthlessly exposed and as much as I hate to say it as they have both been tremendous servants for us, that could have been the end for Jonny and Joao as regular starters for us.

The lack of goals is clearly the biggest issue and to find ourselves in a situation where we are relying on someone who had started one European game in over 2 years before joining us is ridiculous. When you also take into account, we have a £35 million pound striker on our books not even around the place, it is almost unforgivable.

Thought Bueno and Adama showed the most in terms of effort and application. Which is a hugely worrying state of affairs in itself.

Sa 5
Jonny 4
Collins 5
Kilman 4
Bueno 6
Neves 5
Moutinho 5
Nunes 4
Adama 6
Costa 5
Podence 5

We’ve had two runs of relatively kind fixtures this year and haven’t been remotely ready on or off the pitch for either. We’ve written off nearly a third of the season and as a result, the very best we can hope for is that we find three sides worse than us.

It’s now got to the stage where if we don’t have a Manager lined up, I’d consider giving (and I can’t quite believe I’m saying this) Big Sam a call to see if he would consider the role on a short-term basis. He’d at least get us organised defensively and fighting in games as he did with a much worse Albion squad a while back. We don’t have the luxury of time any more. If we don’t take points from the next 4 games, we will go down.

How on Earth have we put ourselves in this position?
Sadly I said the same to my mates today ... we need someone like Big Sam to do a short term job onus to give us any chance.

Tonight, I’m absolutely distraught.

How have we managed to systematically wreck everything great that Nuno built in such a short space of time?

Answer: Jeff Shi

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just love, absolutely love, that we’ve been tactically battered and this clown is holding whiteboards.

If this isn’t enough for Jeff to realise how inadequate this fraudster is then I don’t know what else it will take.
Don't hold your breath, seriously think Shi is just taking the ****, struggle to think he's that inept to not see what's in front of him.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am starting to warm to a Shaun Dyche era. At least there will be fight and bite. He did well at Burnley with limited funds . Trouble is he would not dance to the Shi and Sellars tune:

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But Palhina seems to be doing better at Fulham? Moutinho needs to be used as a sub. Nunes needs to be put in his best position. Maybe then we’ll see more positive signs.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only seen the highlights on TV but Collins and kilman looked Sunday morning standard....but hey...we re only 4 points off 11th...chins up

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silva…?
He said decent

Fabio didn’t cut it in two seasons. He still wasn’t ready this season. I have no issues with his loan only his lack of replacement with a player better who can actually score at this level

Stourwolf

Reaction score
The only possible silver lining in this loss, is that surely Jeff and Guo realize that they need to offer a very, very generous salary to attract a great coach.

Having said that, can ANY coach, no matter how good, organize Jonny, Semedo, Collins, Killman, Toti, RAN and Bueno into a damn good PL defence? Can they ever be good enough?
The problem is our players are so poor. Pep could come in and struggle with this lot.We need players with *******s to come into the squad in Jan, and get rid of the bottle jobs we currently have.

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Collins and Kidman are killing us… they both believe their own hype that they are both prime Maldini… can’t believe Jonny was anywhere near the starting 11, which Davis has to take full responsibility for….Neves has to stop playing in the middle of the back 2…… why does everything need to go through Neves FFS???

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Imagine walking through a midfield containing Joao Moutinho and Ruben Neves? I’m shocked, surprised and so ****ing astounded you wouldn’t believe it.

Moutinho should be experienced enough to stand up and admit he’s done. That’s what proper people do. They don’t dine out in the sun to extract as much cash as possible. You’ve earned enough, now **** off.
TBF….neves never plays in midfield he may as well play as a centre half…

Sedgleywolf

Groupie
Reaction score
In a way, the fact we lost 4-0 might be good because hopefully it forced the board into action and we appoint a manager.

We have other problems off the pitch but we aren't a lost cause.

Today was actually similar to Southampton (0-6) at home in that it was a totally undeserved scoreline. Of course, we were overachieving then which is why everyone was quick to forget it and we're underachieving now which is why people will be livid.

We created better and more chances than Leicester, backed up by the xG which we comfortably won (yes, really).

The Premier League has about 14 teams that are really, really similar. On any given today you can win or lose to these sides. The majority can spend big money on players and there's nothing between most of the sides on paper.

So, it comes down to the percentages to give yourself an advantage.

The main way to do that is the manager. We have a League Two manager at best. We have Sellars making decisions. These are nowhere near the level tactically to some of our rivals and they certainly don't command the respect others do.

People don't want to criticise Davis and I get it but he's a really poor manager.

Nunes is key and is in the wrong position. It's baffling. The ONLY good things he has done in a Wolves shirt have been in central midfield, including today when he did one good run.

Not picking Semedo was an atrocious decision. Yes he made a mistake positionally in the week and didn't track back for the goal but if we dropped players for not tracking back properly we really would not have a team! He pocketed Zaha for 45 minutes to the degree that he had to change position. Against Harvey Barnes you are getting a similar player to Zaha. It was a truly ridiculous decision to not pick Semedo.

Bueno did okay but he's not as good as Ait-Nouri. We have to play our best team and Bueno should not be in it yet.

The failure to make subs today was baffling as well. Do I blame Davis for this or Sellars? Jonny should have been replaced after 20 minutes. Look at Graham Potter last night. Acknowledges his mistake, changes the course of the game with a first half sub.

Moutinho could have gone with him as well but at worst the two should've gone at half-time.

So, we're not getting the right team, we're not getting the right subs.

Then, there is some bad luck. Their finishing today was incredible and probably won't happen again. Of course, our finishing is our problem and it was atrocious.

But, Steve Davis is totally out of his depth, he's giving us no extra value like a manager should. We're also not benefiting from other percentages such as set-pieces and we lack physicality to compete.

In my opinion our time has to be:

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Ait-Nouri
Traore, Neves, Nunes
Traore, Costa, Podence

Now there might be a few tweaks in the eyes of some, such as Adama not playing or Podence but if that's our general team then I really don't see how we're so bad.

The only positive from today is that it wasn't a 4-0 game but the manner of the defeat and the fact the pressure has rightly been turned up by the fans on the board for the ****show that they have overseen in terms of the manager.

Until we stop harming ourselves with a League Two manager then we're probably going to lose these games as the difference between players is minimal but everyone else will have a considerably better manager.
This is 100% spot on mate

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd game - 20 efforts on goal vs Leicester 4. Actually started game well.

In terms of the team,

- Jonny cannot start (either not fit or not interested - way too many occasions jogging back).
- Traore looked unfit (but still had a danger about him).
- Nunes needs to play in right position.
- Moutinho should not be starting.
- Bueno, Campbell and Hodge are laudable but says a lot about RAN, Hwang, Guedes and Traore….particularly Guedes.

on the positive….might wake up Jeff that he cannot sit on a*** and let next 3 games just drift and have a manager post transfer window.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd game - 20 efforts on goal vs Leicester 4. Actually started game well.

In terms of the team,

- Jonny cannot start (either not fit or not interested - way too many occasions jogging back).
- Traore looked unfit (but still had a danger about him).
- Nunes needs to play in right position.
- Moutinho should not be starting.
- Bueno, Campbell and Hodge are laudable but says a lot about RAN, Hwang, Guedes and Traore….particularly Guedes.

on the positive….might wake up Jeff that he cannot sit on a*** and let next 3 games just drift and have a manager post transfer window.
PS - expected HT changes - Moutinho and Jonny off. Whether a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2. Too late waiting for 3-0.

fleck1

Reaction score
Usually half glass full and try to pick the positives. But we are in serious trouble there isn't one player in that side I want in a scrap for survival. At one point SA came and claimed the ball looked around had the back four, Neves, Moutinho and Traore within about 15 yards of him and not one of them moved or even looked up. Had totally given up walking with their heads down.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly I said the same to my mates today ... we need someone like Big Sam to do a short term job onus to give us any chance.

Tonight, I’m absolutely distraught.

How have we managed to systematically wreck everything great that Nuno built in such a short space of time?

Answer: Jeff Shi

Every word of that is true, Big Sam ? well at least he wont stand for the car crash that was Wolves today.. but the big worry is that Chairman Guo wont get rid of Chairman Shi....

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im hoping today is all but a dream...

I’ll wake up tomorrow and take a shower, and Bobby Ewing will be there smiling at me. Not ideal as I hope it would be Victoria Principal.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone got so obsessed with this big revolution of attacking football with 4 at the back under that clown Lage when what we needed was to back Nuno and let him evolve what we had. We might not have succeeded, but the soul wouldn't have been ripped out of this club and we still wouldn't be this bad.

Back
Top Bottom