Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester City Verdict

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone got so obsessed with this big revolution of attacking football with 4 at the back under that clown Lage when what we needed was to back Nuno and let him evolve what we had. We might not have succeeded, but the soul wouldn't have been ripped out of this club and we still wouldn't be this bad.
100%

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - must feel a bit exposed.
Jonny - great in the past but absolutely rubbish now. Sell.
Collins - at least he admitted we are **** in his post-match press conference.
Kilman - has little to no athleticism. Being found out playing in a 4 when compared to a 5.
Bueno - young lad, did well at Palace but not overly impressed today. Surely we have better currently?
Moutinho - playing on past glories. Game passes him by nowadays.
Neves - a gem wasted in the ****heap that is Wolverhampton Wanderers FC.
Nunes - probably not being played in his best position but that doesn't excuse how extremely average he's looked. Not impressed.
Adama - our main outlet going forward and it shows, often doubled. No doubt feels the pressure to produce and ends up trying to do too much. Hope he gets better treatment at his next club.
Podence - waste of space. Looks like a good footballer in spells but he's **** really. Can't wait until he leaves.
Costa - about as much as you'd expect from a bloke who hasn't played for months. Nice novelty factor but well off the pace.

All in all, **** off Wolves. See you all in the Champ next season.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman - has little to no athleticism. Being found out playing in a 4 when compared to a 5.
Bueno - young lad, did well at Palace but not overly impressed today. Surely we have better currently?
Nunes - probably not being played in his best position but that doesn't excuse how extremely average he's looked. Not impressed.
Adama - our main outlet going forward and it shows, often doubled. No doubt feels the pressure to produce and ends up trying to do too much. Hope he gets better treatment at his next club.
Podence - waste of space. Looks like a good footballer in spells but he's **** really. Can't wait until he leaves.
Costa - about as much as you'd expect from a bloke who hasn't played for months. Nice novelty factor but well off the pace.

Pretty much sums it up for me too. Absolutely distraught and angry tonight.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose for me 20 off attempts on goal and no goals shows 4 players needed in Jan Guo .

As the current ****ers are not good enough if we are creating the chances .

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
3.5 hour journey there
4 hour journey home
4 goals to Leicester
1 gutless performance.

We started very well but couldn't make the early dominance count. We all knew once that Tielemans goal went in there was no coming back into, players did too and that set the tone for the rest of the game.

Jonny was dreadful, everyone could see he was having a torrid time and he shouldn't have come back out for the 2nd half.

Apart from a couple of raking passes out towards Adama in the first half, everything was sideways and backwards for Kilman today. Think the atmosphere got to him.

Nunes had a couple good moments on the ball but apart from that didn't really offer much

Moutinho was verging on anonymous and it was pointless having him on the pitch.

Adama and Podence were okay but lacking composure for that final killer ball.

Neves didn't hide and his quality was clear but can't help but look at him and feel he has one eye on the exit after his interview the other day.

Costa looked well off the pace and probably wasn't ready to start 3 games in the space of a week.

Bueno was outstanding again. Take a bow young man. Always looking to make something happen, never looked to hide and his team mates need to trust him more. Did feel bad for him playing in that atmosphere though but think the crowd appreciated his performance just not the teams.

Davis' (or Sellars' subs depending who you believe) were far too late but sympathise with him and Shi should be ashamed that the first result after choosing not appoint a manager was that absolute dribbling. If we wait until the new year to appoint a manager, we'll be going down.

Highlight of the day: the pre-match sausage roll. Hadn't had one from the concourse before and it was bloody lovely.

SydneyWolf26

Groupie
Reaction score
Already said here 10 times over, but this team lacks quality all over the pitch. Much poore teams regularly avoid relegation but what they lack in quality they make up for in fight and “putting in a shift”. I agree with most that the board, management, coaching are all to blame but the majority of these current players are a disgrace! I really do not believe that some of the non performers are AS bad as the performances they are churning out, I’ve said it for a few weeks now that these players need a kick up the a**e, they didn’t get it from Lage and they haven’t got it from Davis… in my opinion, give Dyche a go until the end of the season with a contingency plan in place for either outcome.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Harsh on Kilman and Bueno and too generous to Neves and Adama imo

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone got so obsessed with this big revolution of attacking football with 4 at the back under that clown Lage when what we needed was to back Nuno and let him evolve what we had. We might not have succeeded, but the soul wouldn't have been ripped out of this club and we still wouldn't be this bad.
I think many people warned them to be careful what they wish for..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman couldn't pass water today. Atrocious. He finds himself as the senior most centre half and I don't think it's a responsibility he's taking to especially well.

I think that’s a fair assessment. Without the experience of Coady on the pitch, he’s struggling with the responsibility.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At one point in the second half, Kilman broke forward with the ball, got past the halfway line, turned around and passed it back to Moutinho who’d dropped into CB to cover him. Laughable.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - 4 shots faced, 0 saved. Doesn't sound great, but I'm not sure he could be blamed for any. The least of our problems right now - 5

Jonny - Epitomizes what we were and what we currently represent. A truly dreadful performance in terms of display and effort. For Semedo's faults, he should never be benched for this bloke ever again - 2

Kilman + Collins - So many sloppy passes. And particularly from Kilman a lackluster half ***** persona that I haven't seen before and we could really do without. They must know there is next to no competition for their places - 4

Bueno - Didn't really notice him do anything right or wrong, but shouldn't be playing over Ait Nouri when he's available - 5

Neves - As usual we waste his talent by playing him effectively as a third CB - 4

Moutinho - I'm approaching Dave Edwards 'sick to ****ing death of him' levels. Offers absolutely nothing. Not even a token leadership attribute. Straight down the tunnel at FT. The worst CM in the league in terms of effectiveness - 2

Nunes - Desperately clinging to the notion of a new manager coming in and getting the best out of him. Like far too many others, doesn't really look bothered. A totally anonymous presence right now - 3

Podence - I've always rated him. I think he's such a good footballer, but he frustrates the life out of me. Had our best chance of the game and next to no one thought he'd score it. Do wonder if he'd be better used just off the striker - 4

Traore - Doubled up on. Nothing came off for him today. At least he tries to make something happen. - 4

Costa - His best performance so far, but that isn't saying much. To be fair to him, I'm not sure Erling Haaland would look anything other than useless in our set up - 4

No point doing the subs as the game was all but over when they came on.

Davis - So out of his depth. The thought of him being in charge until the New Year is terrifying.

Last edited:

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember one of the first pre season games against Leicester I watched with nuno taking over, introducing the new style of play... pinging balls all over the pitch, such skill on show and passion. Football we wasn't used to seeing at Mol. There was plan in place and you could see it! Was it 1 nil win iirc but we played them off the pitch... Fast forward to today against Leicester and it just shows how far we've fallen...

For me far too much energy and time has been focused on business outside of football to, esports, record label clothing range etc... there passion for branding has outweighed the reason we're all here. Football.
Teams with an identity and a competent manager usually prevail.

I feel that the Seville game was the turning point. Not because of the result or even the game but because Nuno decided we needed to play possession football. We had been doing fine as we were and our team was set up to counter attack.

And there’s no shame in that. Real won the CL doing that, Italy have won multiple World Cups with a defensive mindset.

Since that point we have been trying to transition to something we are not and only the very best have the luxury of doing because of the money they can throw at it. For me this is the reason for our woes - even the goal against Palace was a classic counter attack which we used to excel at. Now we excel at nothing.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa not at fault for the goals?

He got beat at his near post from a shot outside the box, and also had one smashed through his legs.

The Maddison one I can see your point with, but every keeper concedes goals like the 2nd you reference.

He's won us around 50% of our points this season. No point whatsoever singling him out.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine walking through a midfield containing Joao Moutinho and Ruben Neves? I’m shocked, surprised and so ****ing astounded you wouldn’t believe it.

Moutinho should be experienced enough to stand up and admit he’s done. That’s what proper people do. They don’t dine out in the sun to extract as much cash as possible. You’ve earned enough, now **** off.
And yet if Moutinho came out and said exactly what you have suggested, in weeks/months to come he would be singled out as someone with no *******s

Absolute rubbish. Moutinho and Neves are the least of our issues.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Maddison one I can see your point with, but every keeper concedes goals like the 2nd you reference.

He's won us around 50% of our points this season. No point whatsoever singling him out.

I’m not going to criticise him tbf, he’s been decent this season. Think he could do better with some goals though. The positioning for Havertz’s header was another one.

It doesn’t really matter whether it’s 1 or 4 does it, as soon as we concede 1 goal it’s game over.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And yet if Moutinho came out and said exactly what you have suggested, in weeks/months to come he would be singled out as someone with no *******s

Absolute rubbish. Moutinho and Neves are the least of our issues.

Moutinho is a massive issue. I'm really not sure how that reality can be overlooked. Which other side has a 36 year old constant in the most important position on the pitch? He slows us down. Doesn't create. Doesn't score. Is constantly overran. And shows no real leadership either. The fact he effectively plays every minute is astounding.

Last edited:

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine walking through a midfield containing Joao Moutinho and Ruben Neves? I’m shocked, surprised and so ****ing astounded you wouldn’t believe it.

Moutinho should be experienced enough to stand up and admit he’s done. That’s what proper people do. They don’t dine out in the sun to extract as much cash as possible. You’ve earned enough, now **** off.
I was critical of Dendonker although always a little unfairly as he was being asked to do things which were clearly outside of his skillset because of the limitations of the Neves/Moutinho axis.

However when we signed Nunes I thought Leander would be a good fit with Nunes and Neves, providing the foil to allow those 2 to get further up the pitch.

Of course rather than testing this out, being Wolves we instead sold him to Villa and gave Moutinho a contract extension.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will tell you what I don’t want to see anything of in the next few weeks - pictures of the players in training, ****ing around, smiling and joking like to they don’t give a toss that the Wolves media department love shoving on social media. Read the room. We are as a support base are staggered and appalled.

Thought this for ages. The Cosy Club.

AshevilleWolf

Reaction score
Shi's keys to the office shouldn't work in the morning.

First attempt at replacing Bruno embarrassed the club.
Second attempt at replacing Bruno did as well.
Then we announce that we'll stick with what we have until 2023, and even with six weeks off for the World Cup, waiting more than two months to replace our manager looks craziness. Or stupidity. We're going to have to break that hastily made promise now.

You can't keep getting that many chances in the real world.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi's keys to the office shouldn't work in the morning.

First attempt at replacing Bruno embarrassed the club.
Second attempt at replacing Bruno did as well.
Then we announce that we'll stick with what we have until 2023, and even with six weeks off for the World Cup, waiting more than two months to replace our manager looks craziness. Or stupidity. We're going to have to break that hastily made promise now.

You can't keep getting that many chances in the real world.

We must ignore that 2023 drivel from Shi and sort a manager this week !

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do not have the players to play a back 4. We invite teams onto us by thinking they are Beckenbauer-esque and tippy-tapping it around at the back. Bueno on recent efforts is our best defensive full back. Jonny is a total liability and still gets picked, Semedo is defensively frail with poor positioning. Collins isn't as good as he thinks and who knows what Kilman is thinking these last few weeks.
I am more concerned about the utter incompetence of our defence (while still fully aware of the midfield and forward deficiencies), which needs drastic action.
Present management seem clueless and clearly can't ignite much from this bunch.

Gutted.... but will be at Brentford, praying to see some fight and running and hopefully a remodelled defence to give at least some hope.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we played quite well especially Hugo Beuno. So glad we have Costa, I'm expecting it to click around the box soon.
Unfortunately Johnny was no match for Barnes but as is obvious any team with him, Yuri, Jamie and Maddison, Leicester won't be down with us long.
It's an extra long season this year, no need to panic quite yet though I don't think Jeff can sit on his hands for too long thoigh. He should aim to sign a manager before the break, or have contracts signed if he's in the WC.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we played quite well especially Hugo Beuno. So glad we have Costa, I'm expecting it to click around the box soon.
Unfortunately Johnny was no match for Barnes but as is obvious any team with him, Yuri, Jamie and Maddison, Leicester won't be down with us long.
It's an extra long season this year, no need to panic quite yet though I don't think Jeff can sit on his hands for too long thoigh. He should aim to sign a manager before the break, or have contracts signed if he's in the WC.
I'll have what you're drinking. What we did well was got forwards. Problem is, that was leicester's plan because now teams just pick us off on the break, knowing we can neither score or defend. West ham, palace, and leicester have all done it now.

Now is the time to panic because we're going to be in serious trouble now, short of major changes throughout the club - first thing being appointing the right manager and then they need backing.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll have what you're drinking. What we did well was got forwards. Problem is, that was leicester's plan because now teams just pick us off on the break, knowing we can neither score or defend. West ham, palace, and leicester have all done it now.

Now is the time to panic because we're going to be in serious trouble now, short of major changes throughout the club - first thing being appointing the right manager and then they need backing.
Exactly that and add to the fact Brentford will slap us physically too. Press us all over the gaff we’re struggling to put 4 passes together

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't disagree we have been too easy to pick off. Do you think Fosun will see what's happening and try to save the day with new faces and renewed investment? I guess if the tit has run dry again then we are in trouble.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen loads of people criticizing him for the Barcelona interview thing. He doesn't get a free pass at all, I think fans just realise he's our best player and is the least of our on field worries.
I just don't see how he was the only one free of criticism unless someone is playing favourites.

Back
Top Bottom