Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes won't be having raging arguments with Shi about the head coach at Wolves. His business approach is being everyone's "helper", not their enemy.

The appointment of a nobody as head coach probably even helps Mendes as it places someone with little to no power in place who won't be able to dictate transfers. This all helps Mendes in having the power to shift more players our way without an pushback. Imagine Lopetegui had been appointed: do you think he would have allowed Shi/Sellars and Mendes to control transfers?

Much more likely that Mendes and Shi fell out about something about Lopetegui. Not Jeff's normal way of working, to be leaking to the press that Wolves will be employing someone who isn't a Mendes manager

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
probably posted somewhere else in this thread but just read it so i thought i would post, like what i have read and looking forward to giving him a chance

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are gonna start letting Sellars make football decisions over Jeff, then i am all for it.
Definitely a Sellars pick, shi supposingly turned away from mendes options, and didnt like them.

Either way upcoming british manager, back in the dugout in the prem for wolves.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant think its a good idea to take charge at QPR tonight if he is leaving. It will be toxic I should imagine.
Can anyone imagine that situation at Wolves?
If they win and results go there way they could be top of the championship.

I think he will get a good send off

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly it is a gamble but I think a calculated one. He ticks a lot of boxes and I’m quite excited by the idea. Everton went safe with Benitez, Spurs with Nuno, and there are plenty more examples where the so-called safe option has proved to be anything but. I think he’ll get the players wanting to play again, enthuse them and get the best out of them.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the questions id like answering, who the **** is his coaching team? does edwards have a role to play, is roberts going to stay? will davis and collins step in? with new managers for the u23 and u18s?

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It will be interesting if he turns us down and commits to QPR with a view to taking them up this season, it's not always wise to jump from a flying Championship team to a struggling Prem team. Certainly not an unfathomable situation and would just about be the icing on the cake to recent disasters!
It’s been mentioned numerous times that he’s open to coming can’t see him turning us down tbh

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly it is a gamble but I think a calculated one. He ticks a lot of boxes and I’m quite excited by the idea. Everton went safe with Benitez, Spurs with Nuno, and there are plenty more examples where the so-called safe option has proved to be anything but. I think he’ll get the players wanting to play again, enthuse them and get the best out of them.
im all for this. **** the safe option, its **** or bust. His energy should give the boys the enthusiasm and kick up the **** needed

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much more likely that Mendes and Shi fell out about something about Lopetegui. Not Jeff's normal way of working, to be leaking to the press that Wolves will be employing someone who isn't a Mendes manager
We don't know where all the supposed leaks came from. It seemed like a lot of different parties were putting stuff out there.

stevev53

Reaction score
Looks like Shi and Sellars havent learned a thing from the Lage experiment. This guy has managed 15 games in the Championship. Who else would appoint him in the Premier League now if they were without a head coach?
Villa

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Asked a few Rangers, QPR and Villa fans on reddit about his 'style' and formations, here are some

QPR fan
People saying 433, and maybe it's not much of a distinction, but to me it's seemed more like 4321, with 2 'number 10s' behind a striker, and an emphasis on full backs doing the wide work. He's taken a couple of our more naturally defensive midfielders and asked them to play more like number 8s, which seems to work but maybe that's why he rotates so much and likes to use subs.

Rangers fan
Always 4-3-3 or a variation of 4-3-3, and in interviews he always talks about how he loves wing play and getting the full-backs involved. Really good with young players as well from his time at Chelsea and Liverpool, and as other people in the thread have said he speaks Portuguese so would fit in. The players absolutely loved him as a coach at Rangers and I think he has a stronger connection with Rangers fans now than Gerrard does.

Villa fan
As a villa fan, we weren't much better when he was here, but I think Gerrard missing him massively. When I heard villa players saying his man management was fantastic, his sessions were excellent and tactically he was spot on I sorta wondering what Gerrard actually does. Certainly seems to favour a narrow 433 with alot of the output coming from the fullbacks

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Shi and Sellars havent learned a thing from the Lage experiment. This guy has managed 15 games in the Championship. Who else would appoint him in the Premier League now if they were without a head coach?
Arteta got one of the top jobs in the country without managing before and with much less coaching experience

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of all the names going around (that are realistic) this is the one I would most like us give the opportunity.
He wont be Manager he will be Head Coach, that's what he does and is apparently very good at.
Much rather this than a Journeyman foreign manager like the Dutch guy with a CV of big clubs that he has failed at.

Last edited:

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was hoping for an experienced, authoritative head coach who could give our underperforming players a metaphoric kick up the backside and gain their respect very quickly in order to rescue what looks like is going to be a very difficult season, ideally someone who has experience in turning these situations around.
If Beale is appointed we are getting someone who has managed just 15 senior games and at a lower level. I'm not sure our star players our going to be exactly bowled over by his pedigree.
At QPR he has guided them to pretty much the same position as they were in this time last year.
As the so called brains behind Gerrard's management last season he masterminded a dour 14th place finish.
I think appointing Beale would be disastrous, perhaps even to the point where we're wishing Lage was still in charge.
No never not Lage have you such a short memory

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
probably posted somewhere else in this thread but just read it so i thought i would post, like what i have read and looking forward to giving him a chance

the article was just a word salad imo.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not impressed whatsoever by this potential appointment and I have said so in previous threads mentioning rumours of our interest.

I will support whoever is our manager, but how long will Beale have to turn things round?

No experience whatsoever of managing in the Premier League and I can’t imagine any of his backroom staff has as well.

Stinks of the cheap option. We spend tens of millions on players and peanuts on a manager/head coach!

If this appointment doesn’t work out, both Shi and Sellars will be seeking new employment and deservedly so Imo.

I’m totally underwhelmed.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll say this, don't think he is gonna be worse than Lage and I think he will step up. He'll realise the challenge and the pressure of us - the fans, probably more than anything else.

I was all for Nuno coming back but I'll back this fella cause we need a better thought process and fundamentally a massive improvement in player fitness

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They must think we are mental.

Attachments

• IMG-20221019-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20221019-WA0000.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 162

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why gamble with a novice with hardly any experience, against a manager who almost guarantees you Premier League football next year?

Back
Top Bottom