Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And you think Bozo would inspire them to hang around? I think Neves will leave in January or next summer regardless and Nunes is not exactly putting himself in the shop window for a move as things stand.

Bozo has at least experience at top clubs and European competitions. He would no be my choice, but I would prefer Noddy Holder to Beale.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Because they haven't spent £130m this summer to go cheap on a manager, they've chose him because they believe he's the best available option to us. It's nice to dream of us getting a Poch or Tuchel, but it's not about money is it, they don't want to manage Wolves.
So you reckon a coach with 19 championship games under his belt at a club with smaller egos. Will take a club with players with massive egos away from the relegation zone. I hope it works out for you

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading this you'd think he's been appointed. After so many disastrous mistakes you'd think Jeff would go for a safe pair of hands, someone with experience, hopefully of the Prem, but certainly with some European pedigree. There have to be many candidates far superior to this guy?

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They took on Lage on the basis of a half season’s success and a lot of goals. Look how that turned out.

Maybe a fresh approach is needed. Depends if players respect hun.
Let’s all say our prayers tonight would be a real bonus if he becomes a legend here and the Villa look at the one that got away
Bit like Baggies sacking off Steve Bull

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't his assitant manager Damian Matthews, once employed by us?

Damien Matthew
After his playing days were over, Matthew was briefly a pundit for Chelsea TV. He has also worked on the coaching staff at Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Charlton Athletic, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Southend United and Welling United.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's be honest. It is a massive, massive gamble. But he will get our full support, I am sure. We need a change, we need fresh ideas. Let's hope Beale is the man to mix things up a bit.

He'll finally be able to put his Portuguese back into use.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Our second ex QPR Manager if he comes (can’t think of a third)

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet the players are buzzing to be working with such an established winner.
They may well respect his knowledge if they give him a chance
Let’s see what happens
Let it sink in, we are all in shock at the moment

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you reckon a coach with 19 championship games under his belt at a club with smaller egos. Will take a club with players with massive egos away from the relegation zone. I hope it works out for you
He commanded the respect of Villa's players, they're on a similar level to ours aren't they?

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually think this could just turn out to be an inspired appointment - if you listen to his various interviews, I think he comes across very well; and I like what appears to be his straight-talking.

The same folk growling about us failing to pick up bargains from the lower leagues [e.g. Ivan Toney] "when everyone else can do it" would be just the same folk growling if he goes elsewhere and is a success.

Apart from Sir Nuno who personally I'd be very happy to have back again, none of the other folk we can realistically get hold any appeal for me, I must say.

I'm old enough to remember the fanfare about a certain "young & hungry" M.McGoo though, so I could of course be talking complete cojones. And not for the first time :~}

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know when the early birds are out ?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was very pessimistic about this, but fhe more I listen to this guy and the more I read about him, the more I'm optimistic about this. Very little experience as a manager but massive experience as a coach and from everything I read basically functioning as a co-manager with Gerrard. He seems to have the full package both with regards to knowledge and manmanagement.
Yes in our current situation most believe we need an experienced head to leave us out of trouble and this is a massive chance.
But let's get behind him and hope he fulfills the potential he undoubtedly has.

Last edited:

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will also get behind him by the way. He's a smart guy who has won the lottery, it's not his fault the idiots at the top employed him. I wish him well - his experience of the Championship will come in handy next season
Are you wishing him well and getting behind him at the same time as hoping we go down? ;)

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope he gets skin tag surgery with his pay rise because I'm worried if I meet him I'll be tempted to try and squeeze it

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right who's got a video/article on his tactics? Based on his 15 games as a manager.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I started out massively negative about this, but now I am quite optimistic having learned more about him.

Could end up another cult hero. Let’s give him that chance at least..

One positive, he isn’t coming off a string of failures like Bosz, so probably still believes in his own ideas.

Back
Top Bottom