Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vincent Kompany

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
After him being suggested to me as an option and the fact he's on an upwards trajectory, is a respected figure, a leader, knows the league and it's difficulties to makes him a sensible option. The downsides are he is in post and hasn't loads of years under his belt so far.

I think a good option though.

here's some info about him

Looks to me like his style would suit us too.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But would he leave Burnley? He's only been there a few months and seems to be doing a very decent job.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
But would he leave Burnley? He's only been there a few months and seems to be doing a very decent job.
I guess we would need to make him an offer he couldn't refuse, sell the project mk2 with him being the centrepiece

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Has he still got his boots?
could be cover ;)

looks like he retired from the playing side as player coach, again a good sign as he has the awareness to know when to concentrate on coaching

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Oh come on.

Bruno - oh he only had a good few months at benfica, that's a gamble!

Let's get kompany, after all he finished 4th with Anderlecht!
maybe so, but he is well versed in the rigours of the premier league and is a respected figure, two things that are a massive advantage.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So is Steven Gerrard.

I'd rather someone who's good at being a manager, and has at least some track record to prove it.
The fact we'd be "Vincent Kompany's Wolves" makes it a no from me.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't that impressed with him in Belgium. Think it's too risky for me. Doing a decent job but he's at a newly relegated team and was able to bring in a complete new squad for his way of playing

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I wasn't that impressed with him in Belgium. Think it's too risky for me. Doing a decent job but he's at a newly relegated team and was able to bring in a complete new squad for his way of playing
i think we have a squad that already suits it

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
So is Steven Gerrard.

I'd rather someone who's good at being a manager, and has at least some track record to prove it.

fair point but there are many manager with experience outside of the premier league and just dont get how relentless it is.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hadn't thought about Vincent Kompany until Bod mentioned him, and thinking about it, it may not be a bad shout. Whether Wolves are even considering him is another matter.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind him at all
Seems an age ago but his free kick against Leicester sealed our 7th place

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt he would come to us but a very good shout certainly a better option than the ridiculous idea of bringing back a bloke who in his last season gave us the most depressing football we've ever seen.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he had a full pre season with the players I'd say maybe but appointing him or anyone who doesn't have that much experience especially taking over once a seasons kicked off is too much of a risk

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
If he had a full pre season with the players I'd say maybe but appointing him or anyone who doesn't have that much experience especially taking over once a seasons kicked off is too much of a risk
a fair point, but that is also an argument for any manager who has never experienced the premier league before too

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's certainly a very good manager.

Unlike the many frauds who make excuses, he's gone in to Burnley and transformed a club completely. Brought in a host of new players and no complaining about needing time to settle, whilst existing players have improved and adapted to his approach.

So, certainly think he's got a lot about him and will reach the Premier League very soon.

However, it's a massive risk in our situation as we're in a relegation battle.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he done anything even in the slightest bit impressive yet in football management? Not sure the whole fast tracking someone based on their playing career is a sensible thing.

I can't get my head why the OP was against Loupeteigui but for Kompany based on managerial merit.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt he would come to us but a very good shout certainly a better option than the ridiculous idea of bringing back a bloke who in his last season gave us the most depressing football we've ever seen.

Promotion, 2 x7th place finishes, Europa League quarter final and FA cup semi final.
Kompany went to Anderlecht, one of the top teams and won nothing. He has gone to Burnley who were recently in the PL and they have achieved nothing yet.
What has Kompany done as a manager?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
He's certainly a very good manager.

Unlike the many frauds who make excuses, he's gone in to Burnley and transformed a club completely. Brought in a host of new players and no complaining about needing time to settle, whilst existing players have improved and adapted to his approach.

So, certainly think he's got a lot about him and will reach the Premier League very soon.

However, it's a massive risk in our situation as we're in a relegation battle.
some good points here, sounds like he has a good influence over people, exactly what we need

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he didn’t have the footballing career he did no one would even consider him. See lampard gerrard etc. So it’s a no from me for now.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
If he didn’t have the footballing career he did no one would even consider him. See lampard gerrard etc. So it’s a no from me for now.
maybe so but was a fine captain that people listened to, this appears to be translating into management so far, the type of manager who only relies on playing career has usually sank or shows the sign of sinking by now

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not advocating Nuno at all. But if that was the most depressing football you've ever seen, then you're not very old.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s 3-4 years too early to be considering someone like Vincent Kompant imo.

Let him cut his teeth with Burnley, a very good club with a good history in a decent division.

He’s doing a pretty good job so far, at a club who have revamped their playing squad after relegation.

Decent shout, but too early in his managerial career imo.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Great character and personality. Don't think we would approach him or he would want to come at this stage in his management career.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After him being suggested to me as an option and the fact he's on an upwards trajectory, is a respected figure, a leader, knows the league and it's difficulties to makes him a sensible option. The downsides are he is in post and hasn't loads of years under his belt so far.

I think a good option though.

here's some info about him

Looks to me like his style would suit us too.
Sorry Bod, but I think this is a terrible take. A few months at a Championship club is not the calibre we should be aiming for.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's had how many games? I like the guy, he always seemed smart but he's done nothing yet.
See solbakken after 10 games. Or Bruno after 10 games last year.
I'd prefer dyche over him.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Sorry Bod, but I think this is a terrible take. A few months at a Championship club is not the calibre we should be aiming for.
maybe so, what with some of the suggestions going round of continental managers when he was suggested to me there were many plus points hence my thoughts :)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're talking about current/recent players then I think Moutinho as a stop gap is worth consideration. His playing days are almost up, he knows the Club, the fans like him, he's obviously happy here and I'm sure he has the respect of all the players.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
If we're talking about current/recent players then I think Moutinho as a stop gap is worth consideration. His playing days are almost up, he knows the Club, the fans like him, he's obviously happy here and I'm sure he has the respect of all the players.
You have to have coaching badges which moutiniho doesn’t have and kompany does.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God wept.
How people can suggest the likes of kompany or Moutinho as manager I can’t understand.

I’d rather Ince than them.
And I’d rather Dyche than Ince.
And I sincerely hope for better than Dyche.

Back
Top Bottom