Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely shocking business by the club if Percy is correct. What makes it worse is we havent even got enough experienced centre backs on the books now.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the final few weeks he did

He didnt. His bosses did by making the funds available. Also doesnt suddenly make Shi any sort of great chairman as we splashed some cash. The strategy this summer just gone looked all over the place to me.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I've mentioned in previous posts how I feel Wolves don't get enough value when selling, this just proves that point. £4.5m for a current England international who was so integral to our team is just shocking. That would still be cheap even if you added £10m. Argh.
Do you think mgw was good value? What about Cavaleiro and Costa ?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think mgw was good value? What about Cavaleiro and Costa ?

MGW was great value, but he was the no1 target for Forest's manager which helped and most of his addons will never happen (especially if they get relegated). Cav/Costa were about what they were worth imo given how well they had performed at that level.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I‘m sure there’s much more to the story than we know.
We probably don’t have all the facts or why decisions were made
Best not rush to judgement.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hairy gonads. It's a classic Sellars cluster. Seriously, the man has to go, if he's signed off on this.

D

Deleted member (smith)

I‘m sure there’s much more to the story than we know.
We probably don’t have all the facts or why decisions were made
Best not rush to judgement.
rushing to judgment without knowing many of the salient facts or important confidential data on his contract or how a players contract is valued , is exactly what this board does . But more than that they draw conclusions that management are out of their depth and don’t know what they are doing and should be fired.

It is all a bit schoolboy

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
rushing to judgment without knowing many of the salient facts or important confidential data on his contract or how a players contract is valued , is exactly what this board does . But more than that they draw conclusions that management are out of their depth and don’t know what they are doing and should be fired.

It is all a bit schoolboy
Oh come on. You’re saying things in your post that most likely are extremely wrong.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think there is probably a loan fee plus add ons to go on that too, but even so, I wouldn't of let him go anyway. How Lage let him go when he doesn't even trust his two back ups is beyond belief.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is probably a loan fee plus add ons to go on that too, but even so, I wouldn't of let him go anyway. How Lage let him go when he doesn't even trust his two back ups is beyond belief.
What makes you think this was all on Bruno?

I’m not laying that much of out transfers out with him. Shi and Sellars are the key people here.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If wolves had anounced he was available at the time, Im sure there would have been other clubs interested.
I would have thought we could have got a hefty fee for him.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t (ever) intend to disrespect any posters or their view, but surely there has to be a reality check here.

Why would Percy say the fee is only £4.5m and laud it if there was a loan fee which was double that? Clearly there isn’t.

This is shocking, negligent business and also reflects badly on Coady who should have been told to honour his contract and work his way back into the team, rather than effectively declaring himself as undroppable. Had weeks and months passed without him getting a fair crack that would change things - but not at the first instance if event dropped particularly when Bruno’s position wasn’t strong from the start of the season.

Fuming.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfect news for those posters who are desperate for a good old moan at senior management to brighten up their week. I could not give a fig about these kind of numbers being banded about. You never really know what the exact in's and out's of transfer deals are. What really matters is: Are we making quality aquisitions and getting better younger replacements? As the answer to these question is yes and yes then all is well.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t (ever) intend to disrespect any posters or their view, but surely there has to be a reality check here.

Why would Percy say the fee is only £4.5m and laud it if there was a loan fee which was double that? Clearly there isn’t.

This is shocking, negligent business and also reflects badly on Coady who should have been told to honour his contract and work his way back into the team, rather than effectively declaring himself as undroppable. Had weeks and months passed without him getting a fair crack that would change things - but not at the first instance if event dropped particularly when Bruno’s position wasn’t strong from the start of the season.

Fuming.
Disagree.

Coady deserved to lose his place on the pitch, not like he did. Remember he is the experienced , England international and captain.

He's been usurped by a promising but raw kid who is already suspended, and an inexperienced yet talented 25 yo.

I maintain a better coach and manager could have worked with Coady during pre-season, and developed him into a decent CB in a 4. Look what he is doing now. It takes time.

All on Lage and his inability to manage people.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Percy does not make any mention of a loan fee. At the time of his move, it was widely reported the move was worth 12m, so if accurate, it would assume a deal with a loan fee of over 7m, and then a modest 5m (Inc addons) final option. Given the intent behind his move to Everton, and Everton’s finances, that’s not entirely surprising. I also said at the time that I would thought any fee for Coady would be modest, as the club will feel some obligation towards him to facilitate a move for his WC chances.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree.

Coady deserved to lose his place on the pitch, not like he did. Remember he is the experienced , England international and captain.

He's been usurped by a promising but raw kid who is already suspended, and an inexperienced yet talented 25 yo.

I maintain a better coach and manager could have worked with Coady during pre-season, and developed him into a decent CB in a 4. Look what he is doing now. It takes time.

All on Lage and his inability to manage people.
It depends if he was told that he was now a ‘squad player’.

If so, it’s on Lage. If it was a ‘you’re no longer guaranteed a spot in the starting XI’ then it’s on Coady.

Guess we’ll never know

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Percy does not make any mention of a loan fee. At the time of his move, it was widely reported the move was worth 12m, so if accurate, it would assume a deal with a loan fee of over 7m, and then a modest 5m (Inc addons) final option. Given the intent behind his move to Everton, and Everton’s finances, that’s not entirely surprising. I also said at the time that I would thought any fee for Coady would be modest, as the club will feel some obligation towards him to facilitate a move for his WC chances.
This is reassuring if so Sussex - where was it reported as I saw no mention of overall fees

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is reassuring if so Sussex - where was it reported as I saw no mention of overall fees

It was the Mail which reported he was moving to Everton, before he actually left, and quoted an initial fee of 12m. Given he went on loan first, and now Percy is talking about a 4.5m option, then I can only assume the balance was in a high loan fee.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the Mail which reported he was moving to Everton, before he actually left, and quoted an initial fee of 12m. Given he went on loan first, and now Percy is talking about a 4.5m option, then I can only assume the balance was in a high loan fee.

Thanks for taking the time to post that. Hopefully the case.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfect news for those posters who are desperate for a good old moan at senior management to brighten up their week. I could not give a fig about these kind of numbers being banded about. You never really know what the exact in's and out's of transfer deals are. What really matters is: Are we making quality aquisitions and getting better younger replacements? As the answer to these question is yes and yes then all is well.
It’s a very reductionist approach. Being unhappy about a decision doesn’t necessarily mean you are unhappy with all decisions so I’m unsure how such a leap can be made. I consider MGW a great sale - this one not so. So already I fall outwith of your parameters.

Also by your logic the management of outgoing transfers and recovery is irrelevant. Actually this is a crucial revenue and succession stream for the ongoing existence of the club. So if you don’t ‘give a fig’ that’s up to you, but I’d refrain from labelling all other posters who may take a more nuanced approach than your own.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm sure someone ITK on here a few weeks ago said that there was a very high loan fee and a small option, so this new would fit that they said.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure someone ITK on here a few weeks ago said that there was a very high loan fee and a small option, so this new would fit that they said.
yeah and plus saving committed wages for another three seasons it starts to look much better.

for me - its the same as when we sold Doc, he had reached an upper ceiling before and form was on the decline

same with Coady, it was noticeable and i had no qualms with us letting him go - sure hes had an ok start to life with Everton (new club, manager and fans fully behind him as hes a local lad etc) but its only 8 games, ill be interested to see how the comments are at the end of the season

most on here is just typical reactionary stuff which is the norm nowadays, we arent doing so well so immediately people make out that we would be top 10 if we only had Coady available

also about Boly and Saiss, who were largely **** poor last season and in the case for Boly the last couple.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
yeah and plus saving committed wages for another three seasons it starts to look much better.

for me - its the same as when we sold Doc, he had reached an upper ceiling before and form was on the decline

same with Coady, it was noticeable and i had no qualms with us letting him go - sure hes had an ok start to life with Everton (new club, manager and fans fully behind him as hes a local lad etc) but its only 8 games, ill be interested to see how the comments are at the end of the season

most on here is just typical reactionary stuff which is the norm nowadays, we arent doing so well so immediately people make out that we would be top 10 if we only had Coady available

also about Boly and Saiss, who were largely **** poor last season and in the case for Boly the last couple.

Agreed, but not having adequate cover at CB of some sort was a massive oversight.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Coady move suited all parties. You didn’t see him for dust and next thing you know he is a lifelong Everton fan and his kids are wearing the blue. The loan fee was high and the balance whilst it seems low should not be seen in isolation. We got about 10 to 12 m from his sale which is a good deal for Everton imho. But it’s done. Pointless werriting now. Perhaps they will make it permanent before we play them so he can play and Costa can bully him all over the park like Mitrovic did a couple of seasons back. Thanks Conor but you’ve moved on and so have I

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, but not having adequate cover at CB of some sort was a massive oversight.
Oh I don't disagree, but that's on Lage for me. We have two CBs as cover and Toti performed well in his games last year. He should have been put in last week, simple as.

I don't correlate that with Coady leaving myself

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Oh I don't disagree, but that's on Lage for me. We have two CBs as cover and Toti performed well in his games last year. He should have been put in last week, simple as.

I don't correlate that with Coady leaving myself

If the manager didn't think that Toti was good enough to cover, the board should really have kept one of Saiss, Boly or Coady for another season in case of injuries.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was referring more to his comments, barely acknowledging the role Wolves have played in his career. His family then throwing unnecessary stones on social media.

You would think he and the family we have helped provide for, would do well to remember he was nothing more than a below par Championship player a year into his £2m move here.
So you're ****ed off at what he didn't say?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just thinking back, it might be that the loan fee is c.£10m and the purchase fee is £4.5M?
I seem to recall a final transfer fee of £12M in addition to a non disclosed loan fee. I'm sure we've accepted a deferred payment to help Everton due to FFP as the Toffee's were Coady's preferred destination.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW was great value, but he was the no1 target for Forest's manager which helped and most of his addons will never happen (especially if they get relegated). Cav/Costa were about what they were worth imo given how well they had performed at that level.
We ended up getting more than £20M for Costa. About £15M for Cav which is about right I'd say. We done very well with Costa though.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I seem to recall a final transfer fee of £12M in addition to a non disclosed loan fee. I'm sure we've accepted a deferred payment to help Everton due to FFP as the Toffee's were Coady's preferred destination.
Telegraph and BBC saying it's only £4.5M

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe I've got it the wrong way around. But there was definitely an undisclosed loan fee which may account for the bulk of the fee.

£12M is a number I recall is all.
Yes, that was what I heard: the loan fee took up most of the cost and the buy at the end was relatively cheap. I never heard a figure for the loan fee though.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Was also rumours that the purchase fee would be lower if Everton got relegated and become an option if they did get relegated. Obligation if they stayed up weren’t it?

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good few on here play the "England international" card when it suits their negative narrative it has to be said. How many of them were saying Kilman should be in ahead of him?

Plus, without being mean to Conor who I think has been a fantastic ambassador, he's not exactly trusted to PLAY in any England games. He didnt even get minutes when 4-0 up with 20 mins to go against Ukraine in the Euros.

That said, £4.5m isnt enough. But id be surprised if it is that.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I aplogise for throwing my toys out the pram and believing the 4.5 million story. Liam Keen has said that 4.5 million is a base figure.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Move on, that ship has sailed. Thanks for the all the great memories Conor (but I hope you get relegated)

Back
Top Bottom