Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham United Verdict

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having said I can't really fault the players individually...what was RAN doing with what looked like a virtual open goal about 6 or 7 yards out? He had no intent of scoring. Regardless of his flashy skills, he is a bit of a disaster area at both ends. Makes Adama look quick thinking with a natural footballing brain.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could have played all night and would never have scored. The annoying thing is that we comfortably outplayed West Ham who I thought were poor and in trouble too. Podence is never a striker although he appeared to be the only one shooting, unfortunately not very well. Some real Portuguse dross in the squad and definitely time for Lage to get on his bike and take Moutinho with him.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s crazy but Costa did more to lift this team and give them some belief in themselves in 25 minutes than Bruno has all season……or the season before.

RAN looked lively and played great.
Podence…..great and somebody on Costa’s wavelength.
Adama…..one of his better games for a long time but being in the centre is not ideal for him. His crosses were a big improvement.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
During the unique situation of lockdown, how about the previous performances from Championship to Europe?
Yep, I get that, and he had a lot of positives stored up that Lage doesn't. But every team was playing under the same constraints even if their manager/coach wasn't. I am not convinced the old Nuno would have returned. He looked a spent man. I will always have very fond memories of him, but he deserved to go in the end....imo.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I get that, and he had a lot of positives stored up that Lage doesn't. But every team was playing under the same constraints even if their manager/coach wasn't. I am not convinced the old Nuno would have returned. He looked a spent man. I will always have very fond memories of him, but he deserved to go in the end....imo.
Totally disagree, but you got your wish so enjoy.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s crazy but Costa did more to lift this team and give them some belief in themselves in 25 minutes than Bruno has all season……or the season before.

RAN looked lively and played great.
Podence…..great and somebody on Costa’s wavelength.
Adama…..one of his better games for a long time but being in the centre is not ideal for him. His crosses were a big improvement.
Yep Adama was pretty awful in the middle but looked much better when he went on the right and Costa came on.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having said I can't really fault the players individually...what was RAN doing with what looked like a virtual open goal about 6 or 7 yards out? He had no intent of scoring. Regardless of his flashy skills, he is a bit of a disaster area at both ends. Makes Adama look quick thinking with a natural footballing brain.

RAN is going to be a superstar and it is pretty ridiculous to slate a 20 year old this way. Zero doubting his quality and he more than anyone drives us up the pitch often times and that in itself shows our problems when a kid is the driving force to get us forward.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought everyone played alright. Ait-Nouri had a heart attack when he should have shot. Some decent efforts from around the box. Costa should have put his header away.
We kept the ball, which is what we seemingly are trying to do. Implemented the managers tactics to a tee. And got shut down repeatedly.
Lage has to go. The effort was clearly there. It is painful watching people time and time again having to try and beat 3 or 4 players just to get a half ***** effort in goal. It's like we think all passes are made equal or something.

Reactions: Ned

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they are the same person. Just a bit more gym time over the summer. Same haircut as well. Is it another way Mendes makes money? ;)
This actually made me laugh at a time I want to cry - thanks. :D

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally disagree, but you got your wish so enjoy.
There is no enjoy about it Rhos. I didn't see the guy turning it around. I have nothing but respect and love for the guy, he bought us some special times. Fine to disagree mate.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to go. Nothing has changed since the first game. We still look like we won’t score 7 games in. Needs to go, no excuses this time has to go!!!

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti 6' 2" and has done a very good job in his few appearances.
Jonny 5' 9" and never a central defender. Also not been playing anywhere near his best.

Why did you have a problem making the blatantly obvious choice Bruno?

Last edited:

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am jacking it in for tonight unless he gets fired . So **** to watch and no ideas and entertainment level 0 . How have the prices gone up for our best cm to be playing CD and left with a cm that has as much pace as a three leg dog.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a verdict about todays game not the last year (those should be on another thread IMO) Wolves deserved a draw IMO, 16 attempt by West Ham 15 by Wolves.. one attempt more than Wolves.

First goal a deflection which was going right into Sa's belly.

West Ham had their first corner at the end.

Mouts should be on the bench if that.

Toti should have been CB.

I really enjoyed the game, end to end stuff

I'm not a Lage supporter if he goes he goes .

PS ignore Townsend!

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
here is no enjoy about it Rhos. I didn't see the guy turning it around. I have nothing but respect and love for the guy, he bought us some special times. Fine to disagree mate.
Struggle to believe he'd have ever been as inept as his replacement.
Jeff's record of manager appointments is Zenga, Lambert, Nuno and Bruno let's see who's next. Suspect in 2 years time you'll be yearning for the Nuno times.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Adama did well on the right and the signs of a good link up with Diego were very promising. The sad thing is I can see Bruno completely ignoring the promise of a good partnership between these two.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Struggle to believe he'd have ever been as inept as his replacement.
Jeff's record of manager appointments is Zenga, Lambert, Nuno and Bruno let's see who's next. Suspect in 2 years time you'll be yearning for the Nuno times.
In a lot of ways I already do. I really wanted to think he could turn it around, but i really couldn't seen it. He was a shell of his former self.
And re the other managers, yup, Jeff has a rubbish track record although no doubt uncle Jorge will be rubbing his hands together...

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds mental, but if we scored first, I could have seen us winning that.

I’ve had enough of Brunoball now though. It’s awful.

Reactions: Ned
Back
Top Bottom