Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves 0 Man City 3 Verdict

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is judging him purely on that. Far from it. More so the 1 win in 14 games and the constant ineffectiveness in front of goal. The lifeless play. The lack of identity. The total lack of rapport with fans and seemingly players too. The fact we never ever look like winning a game without hanging on for dear life. I'm sick of hearing wait for this, wait for that. Nothing changes. It's not good enough.
Ding ding ding!

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quality football got to be kidding going nowhere with this chancer in charge
"Chancer" ... interesting how you use that word and frankly, I find it insulting.

Bruno has behaved with dignity and integrity in his time with us. We have signed certain players because of him and how he has worked in the game over the years. This is the most difficult league in the world and he has to learn quickly otherwise his position will be under threat.

I get you are frustrated and disappointed but to call him a "chancer" is nonsense.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went straight out to the pub after the game, but my over-riding thought was that it could have been worse. Not sure where we go from here.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is judging him purely on that. Far from it. More so the 1 win in 14 games and the constant ineffectiveness in front of goal. The lifeless play. The lack of identity. The total lack of rapport with fans and seemingly players too. The fact we never ever look like winning a game without hanging on for dear life. I'm sick of hearing wait for this, wait for that. Nothing changes. It's not good enough.
Also the fact that since April Citeh have scored twice as many goals at Molineux as we have... Damning!

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to stop this inverted forward nonsense. Neither Guedes or Neto can break quickly enough on their wrong side, they continually have to cut inside slowing the attack down and even when they do reach the byline they’re crossing with their weaker foot. I did think Guedes showed more today than previously to be fair but looks to me like he’d be better playing in a front two.

Trying to be positive I thought Boubacar looked like he might give us more mobility and presence, we certainly need more physicality as bar Collins and Kilman we look very weak.

I know we were playing a top team today but these problems have been evident all season and the end of last season too. If we don’t find a way to be more threatening it’s going to be a long season.

Edit: Can’t believe Bruno didn’t bring on a centre back when Collins was red carded. Neves did ok but we took our best midfielder out of midfield so effectively weakened us in two areas instead of one. Presume he knows we can now use 5 subs?

Last edited:

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A strange sort of game where we played better in the second half with just 10 men.
All we need is a super striker like Haarland and we would be in the top 6!!
Unfortunately we aint got one!! :rolleyes:

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also the fact that since April Citeh have scored twice as many goals at Molineux as we have... Damning!

Some of the stats are as you say, damning.

No second half goals.

3 goals all season.

1 win in 14

Last season we scored the 4th fewest goals in the entire country. Other than games against Watford, we haven't beaten anyone by more than a goal under Lage's tenure. How many points have we gained from losing positions? It's less than 5 I'm sure.

Just nowhere near good enough. We're heading toward a relegation battle. Some fans can find any excuse they want, but this is the reality.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Nuno blueprint should have been employed but we have a manager who thinks we can take on the Champions at their own game. It was absurd to not play with three at the back today and not make the game more compact. The way you control City, to some extent , is to deny them space and make the game compact.

We allowed far too much space for City to exploit and were 2 down in 15 mins because of the naivety of our coach.

I do understand moving Neves back a bit but if we're going to do it, move Kilman and Collins closer together and have Neves just in front of them, deeper than he normally would be. You then rely on the wing backs and forwards on that side to do their jobs which are primarily defensive. Instead, our coach wanted to play a more attacking game and City strolled it.

I'm not advocating replacing Bruno as I saw enough quality football from us at times to see what he's trying to do but we've now got to get points on the Board and start finding a way to score goals.
I agree lots of that. I have real doubts about your last para though. Is Lage, given that he was dumb enough to do exactly the same thing that epically failed last season again, prepared to learn?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have thought this would be one of the games when we should revert to 5 at the back and play Nuno's 'soak it up' tactics. I know that 4 at the back has been going well, but City are a different animal altogether (as are Liverpool).
Some of us said that pre-match, others including Lage, knew "better".....

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
"Chancer" ... interesting how you use that word and frankly, I find it insulting.

Bruno has behaved with dignity and integrity in his time with us. We have signed certain players because of him and how he has worked in the game over the years. This is the most difficult league in the world and he has to learn quickly otherwise his position will be under threat.

I get you are frustrated and disappointed but to call him a "chancer" is nonsense.
He’s way out of his depth

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you come out with that?
How do you pin a defeat against possibly the best team in Europe,when we had 10 men , on the manager???
Was it his fault Jony didn't get in front of grealish for the first goal?
Was it his fault Collins was chasing the ball instead of marking Harland for the second goal?
Was it his fault Collins then reduced the team to 10 ??
Was it his fault Jony let debruyne just jog past him to cross for the 3 rd goal??
Individual mistakes by the players NOT the manager.
Go smell some coffee
Apologist for a failure!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you were that disgusted with the 11 players selected to start the game then?? Did you say then " that team must have been picked by the worst manager ever..I bet we concede in the first minute and Collins won't even make it to half time "
Of course you wernt ..considering our bad luck with injuries etc , that was a decent team selection...then it's out of Bruno's hands if international footballers make elementary mistakes
There is the team selection and then there is the formation and tactics. Lage gets the latter two wrong time after time after time and his substitutions tend to make things worse.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think we played that badly
Man City ate a different class
I thought individually albeit 2/3 players we were quite good
Same old story though can’t score, no natural centre forward being the main reason
However my concerns and disappointments today was
1 The starting line up, I really thought Semedo should have started
2 Podence cannot play on the middle of a front 3, Guedes and Podence should have been swapped around
3 The substitutions, Neto should have come off earlier
Neves as centre half when Mousquera got warmed up and took his top off to come on
All the above was down to Bruno who now doesn’t seem to know what to do
Now???

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i give you Collins new nick name.......tis all.
3c25e32c5278a7054d8866dd1e0632a9.gif

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had Haaland l wouldn't bet against "tactical genius" playing him at centre back....
A strange sort of game where we played better in the second half with just 10 men.
All we need is a super striker like Haarland and we would be in the top 6!!
Unfortunately we aint got one!! :rolleyes:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone taking any comfort in us looking better with ten men is deluded. City knew that if they kept their shape the game was as good as won. They were in total control, more in neutral than a low gear.
Seems our head coach is deluded then.

Madmalc

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of hearing we're only a signing away from becoming Lage's ideal team..
I think this attitude toward his current players is undermining them.
No one from the academy is ever going to be good enough to play for Lage's ideal Wolves first team..
They might as well close it and save the money.
Hope Collins' sending off doesn't buy Lage any more time.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the table Wolves have scored three
Man City 23 after seven games only West Ham match us on three but have a game in hand
I am not one to panic but ……

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Can't believe Mosquera nearly came on instead of Toti. Whenever Ive seen Mosquera in the u21s he seemed very raw, prone to mistakes and overly aggressive. Unless he's made great improvements this season, he would've been a big risk had he came on.
Toti has never let us down in his previous appearances but it seems Bruno doesn't fancy him. And bringing Mosquera on in front of him would surely have caused a bit of negative reaction in the man. I would question Brunos man-management over this.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see how you can start calling for the manager's head based on a 3-0 defeat to one of the best sides in the world when we were down to 10 men.

Of course we came up short at times. First half, we were loose defensively and left too many spaces, although we did show some attacking intent. Second half we showed some real spirit and kept trying to play football.

Judge us when Costa and/or Jimenez are back into the team and we're playing anybody other than City
He makes the same mistakes, time and time again. Neto on the right doesn't work. Podence down the middle doesn't work. Moutinho is seeing the game pass by him. We have reserve centre backs he doesn't trust. There's zero pattern to our play. There's zero intensity to our play. Sorry but I've seen enough and I've had enough.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would you let Boly leave when you have two CHs that your not prepared to play when one of your CHs is sent off. I'm baffled. Still it was against City so maybe not the time for Knee Jerk decisions. No CF is a real problem, so hope Raul will be back soon.
Personally I'd have started with a back 5. The problem with a manager who has little job security is that he can't appear negative when he was brought in for the opposite reason.
I take it you didn't watch forest last night if you think Boly is the answer

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Getting fed up of that big fat zero nestling alongside our team name, genuinely don't know what Bruno does in the week, does the training pitch even have an opposition box and goal?

Neves playing center back sums up our season so far..

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto is a shadow of his former self, playing on the wrong side I Know ,but he doesn't look bothered at all to me, the Manager is in a very precarious place now, this cannot and will not be allowed to fester on, we are nailed on for a relegation battle with him in charge.
The lack of focal point is killing the team.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting fed up of that big fat zero nestling alongside our team name, genuinely don't know what Bruno does in the week, does the training pitch even have an opposition box and goal?

Neves playing center back sums up our season so far..
I know what you mean. It starts to feel like we are called Wolverhampton Wanderers nil.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto is a shadow of his former self, playing on the wrong side I Know ,but he doesn't look bothered at all to me, the Manager is in a very precarious place now, this cannot and will not be allowed to fester on, we are nailed on for a relegation battle with him in charge.
The lack of focal point is killing the team.
I think neto's trying too hard personally.

Back
Top Bottom