Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diego Costa

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When he scored that phenomenal goal at Molineux in the FA Cup on a cold night under the floodlights in 2017, I don't think many envisioned him playing for Wolves five years later with half of Portugal's international squad. Regardless of the circumstances, and I know it's not the same player, it's just mad to even think about.

This was the team Paul Lambert trotted out for that game five years ago:

7555c6b89ed648d958381cba443d8fe7.png
I’ve instantly just realised how lucky we are. I’m not going to complain about this current crop of players again.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see this being anything but a disaster but it doesn’t really matter at this point I guess. Very much hope I’m wrong!

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it Costa who come up with even nastier ways to spit At players?

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure what other options we have right now aside from playing Hwang up top or Podence as a false 9?

Raul - what's going on with this "chronic fatigue" issue? Is this long term?
Fabio - Do we have a recall option in January?

Clearly there is no-one from the development squad that is ready to step up?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure what other options we have right now aside from playing Hwang up top or Podence as a false 9?

Raul - what's going on with this "chronic fatigue" issue? Is this long term?
Fabio - Do we have a recall option in January?

Clearly there is no-one from the development squad that is ready to step up?
Thank god we're self sustaining.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Regardless of your thoughts on Costa, and whether he actually will be any good, something he has certainly created is a 'buzz' and excitement that's been missing for more than a little while now (even with the Nunes signing). That in itself is gold, so if that can extend to the team its only going to be a good thing.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves has to say that. Otherwise, if they believe they can't get a WP, what's the point in bringing him over!

If they didn’t think they would get a WP, then there wouldn’t even be a story, or this thread.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Wolves has to say that. Otherwise, if they believe they can't get a WP, what's the point in bringing him over!
I hope there's no issues. Unfortunately wouldn't be like us to sign a player to only discover they couldn't get a work permit (remember Wang?!)
I hope there's no issues. Unfortunately wouldn't be like us to sign a player to only discover they couldn't get a work permit (remember Wang?!)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wont be any issues on a work permit from my understanding
So here is the handbook and refer to page 317 which is 635

So the reference period is the last 24 months

So this is what he has played in the last 24 months
He does have a libertadores appearance which is helpful.

��

competition
Total 20/21:26714--1.157'
Campeonato Brasileiro Série A
Série A15413--775'
LaLiga
LaLiga72-1--204'
Copa do Brasil
Copa do Brasil31----123'
Copa Libertadores
Libertadores1-----55'

He also gets points for the league position of his last club.

Athletic Minerio won the league (bonus)
He also gets points for the progression of the club in the Liberatadores

he also gets the bonus of percentage calculation for available minutes due to his free player status.

I believe from my calcs he he hits the 15 points, but either way, you could argue at an execptions panel that if it wasnt for his injury he would have been involved in the champions league group stages for ath madrid and thus easily have got the points

Given Mendes's involvement in this, and the fact hes flying from Brazil, they would have i thought done as i have just done., check he meets the WP points system parameters. Moreover the people who do this for a living on a regular basis, should have far better knowledge than me

Last edited:

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Surely we would have researched whether he needed a work permit or not.
You'd like to hope so, though see my previous comment regards David Wang.

There was also the nonsense with Ruben Semedo last year if I recall (if there was any legitimacy to those rumours of course, and putting aside the fact personally I thought he'd be a terrible signing with his personal record!).

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this does show one thing that the under23 squad has no strikers of note . Maybe this is an area where we need recruitment to look at younger players like we did with Mosquera . As we would at least have an option to bring and use on the bench rather than nothing .

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Willian got a work permit at Fulham. If he can then surely costa can?

Apart from Jos, Willian had loads of libertadores appearances, EFL, prem, europa league etc.

Libertadores is the same as the champs league in ranking.

He would have flown through it, this is just last years appearances for him.

Copa Libertadores
LibertadoresSport Club Corinthians Paulista8--- / - / -540'
Série ASport Club Corinthians Paulista14-21 / - / -831'
Copa do Brasil
Copa do BrasilSport Club Corinthians Paulista2-1- / - / -159'
Campeonato Paulista - Série A1 - Fase final
Paulistão A1 - Fase finalSport Club Corinthians Paulista2--- / - / -118'
Campeonato Paulista - Série A1
Paulistão A1 - Primeira faseSport Club Corinthians Paulista10111 / - / -624'

And the year before

Série A
Sport Club Corinthians Paulista9-2- / - / -452'
Premier League
Premier LeagueArsenal FC2515- / - / -1.406'
Europa League
Europa LeagueArsenal FC9-2- / - / -312'
FA Cup
FA CupArsenal FC2--- / - / -156'
EFL Cup
EFL CupArsenal FC1--- / - / -18'

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wont be any issues on a work permit from my understanding
So here is the handbook and refer to page 317 which is 635

So the reference period is the last 24 months

So this is what he has played in the last 24 months
He does have a libertadores appearance which is helpful.

��

competition
Total 20/21:26714--1.157'
Série A15413--775'
LaLiga
LaLiga72-1--204'
Copa do Brasil
Copa do Brasil31----123'
Copa Libertadores
Libertadores1-----55'

He also gets points for the league position of his last club.

Athletic Minerio won the league (bonus)
He also gets points for the progression of the club in the Liberatadores

he also gets the bonus of percentage calculation for available minutes due to his free player status.

I believe from my calcs he he hits the 15 points, but either way, you could argue at an execptions panel that if it wasnt for his injury he would have been involved in the champions league group stages for ath madrid and thus easily have got the points

Given Mendes's involvement in this, and the fact hes flying from Brazil, they would have i thought done as i have just done., check he meets the WP points system parameters. Moreover the people who do this for a living on a regular basis, should have far better knowledge than me

I think the Sun article is click bait and while picked up by a couple of other outlets, none have independently reported it. Let’s face it, when did the Sun last have any exclusive news on Wolves?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be genius. Could be a disaster.

Either way it's almost certainly going to be very very very funny, for which I am glad!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this does show one thing that the under23 squad has no strikers of note . Maybe this is an area where we need recruitment to look at younger players like we did with Mosquera . As we would at least have an option to bring and use on the bench rather than nothing .
The issue is that the gap between u21 football and first team premier league is massive. They need a loan in between.
A front 3 of Giles-Silva-Corbeanu would probably rip up the u21 division.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I've heard this said a number of times (he won't reach the required 15 points, but will likely be successful after an appeal). No idea how it all works personally. Also the Sun article, printed yesterday, said that Wolves will find out today (Monday) whether his WP application was successful before they fly him in. So surely we should know by this evening about his WP based on whether he flies in tonight or not? Unless he is unsuccessful and an appeal takes a little longer?

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The spitting is disgusting, I hated it when I played and I hate it now, I’d rather be punched than spat at

But I don’t want to hear that ‘I don’t want him playing for my club’ crap, we have a team full of cheats, as does every other club in the premier league, feigning injuries, trying to get their opponents sent off, chasing the ref, asking for yellow cards, rolling around like they’ve been shot, they all do it, our players do it just as much as other clubs players.

Yes, it could be a disaster, but so was spending £15m on a striker and his knee going after 45 minutes, it could also be a master stroke, Manchester United have signed players late in their career to excellent effect in the past, how old was ibra, Cavani and Larsson when they signed them?

The fact is he won’t need much pace, we have a plethora of players who can give him the ball in the 18 yard box, hopefully he will do the rest

Back
Top Bottom