Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diego Costa

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Six foot one of football son of a gun.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I met Muscat twice when he was with us, he was far from lovely off the pitch. In fact I’d say he was exactly the same.
Lovely Ozzie of Maltese descent. We have chips on our shoulder, and we show it.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
It probably is though isn't it? It will probably end up like when we got Gazza on trial.
I don't think its the same scenario at all. Doesn't mean that Costa may be unfit, but tbh Gazza had been a complete mess when he allowed to join the team to do some training (don't think you could really consider it a trial).

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually I’ve heard that he’s one of the nicest people around training and around the club, but other teams hate him because he’s horrible to play against, I think it was John Terry who said it
Same

He is one that the saying" rather have him on our tent ****ing out than outside our tent ****ing in" was tailor made for.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only way he will fail our medical is if he arrives in a wheelchair pulled by a guide dog, with a mate carrying his lower limbs in a shopping bag.
That would be touch and go with our lot!

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
Highlights from his most recent appearances.

To be fair, he's obviously lost his pace but he still has an eye for goal, decent movement and should have had a few more assists.

We didn't sign Sasa for his pace, we need someone in the box who can feed off Neto, Guedes, Podence, Nunes and score goals.

Even if he only comes on for 20/30 minutes to finish games off with a goal here and there, that would be enough.

Jiminez can do all of the running and pressing for the first 60/70 minutes.

Maybe if we get the Costa in those videos, it might actually be a decent signing..

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, he's obviously lost his pace but he still has an eye for goal, decent movement and should have had a few more assists.

We didn't sign Sasa for his pace, we need someone in the box who can feed off Neto, Guedes, Podence, Nunes and score goals.

Even if he only comes on for 20/30 minutes to finish games off with a goal here and there, that would be enough.

Jiminez can do all of the running and pressing for the first 60/70 minutes.

Maybe if we get the Costa in those videos, it might actually be a decent signing..
That’s my feeling summed up perfectly. I doubt he’ll start games but he could be a great “enforcer” late on.

tikatyboo

Reaction score
No they will discuss whether they should have signed him and show his historical performances against Utd!
like this morning, utds new guy scored on his debut, so sky showed all the manure players who scored on their debut, pathetic coverage.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess this does show that the management don't have full confidence in our forward line (Hwang, Raul) to either complete the 90 mins or do the job that they are employed to do (score goals).

Therefore I'm thinking that Costa is coming as cover for Raul rather than as a third striker and if fit, will be the one we bring on at the end of games to ruffle some feathers.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess this does show that the management don't have full confidence in our forward line (Hwang, Raul) to either complete the 90 mins or do the job that they are employed to do (score goals).

Therefore I'm thinking that Costa is coming as cover for Raul rather than as a third striker and if fit, will be the one we bring on at the end of games to ruffle some feathers.
We needed a striker to compete against raul, and the lad we bought in is out for what 6 to 9 months. so we needed someone else to come in, hes available on a free, if he gets up to speed fitness it will be to compete against raul.

But short term, it will be to ruffle feathers and last 30 mins.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I am not really against it, seems low risk. If he is causing problems just pay him up and sod him off don't you. I watched him a decent chunk his last 2 seasons at Atleti and he was absolutely woeful. Could barely hold ball up or move laterally, but suppose he might get in the box and stick his head on a few.
Worth the gamble, but unless he has really committed to his strength and conditioning (possible) people are going to be shocked when you see him try to bully defenders.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go on social media you would think we are signing Mbappe. It's worth a go I suppose but I think there has to be some realism about the move. Any impact off the bench will do for me.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's either going to be useless, or class. There's no in between with someone like Costa. Let's just hope his fire is back from being in the spotlight of the Premier League, and he's kept himself in decent condition the last 9 months.

binners

Reaction score
People say the young lads will learn from Moutinho...
Maybe, maybe not
But I reckon Collins and Kilman will learn more in a week training against Costa than in a year of coaching...
Yes and Neto and Traore too

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He looks in great shape. The character in the dressing room we lost with conors exit has left a hole I think.
This bloke good or bad has enough character to fill that void and some.
I think if ever there was a player to endear ourselves to as fans, this nasty unit could quickly become a favourite.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not really against it, seems low risk. If he is causing problems just pay him up and sod him off don't you. I watched him a decent chunk his last 2 seasons at Atleti and he was absolutely woeful. Could barely hold ball up or move laterally, but suppose he might get in the box and stick his head on a few.
Worth the gamble, but unless he has really committed to his strength and conditioning (possible) people are going to be shocked when you see him try to bully defenders.
I agree with everything you say, but am going the other way and thinking this could be a massive waste of time, unless he is dirt cheap and has massively looked after himself/got fitter.
I think nostalgia is creating a wave of enthusiasm for this signing. If the guy cant hold the ball up and is off the pace then he is just another passenger like Raul.
Looks like he is signing, so let's see how it goes......

(Also I get that we cant sign the top players etc, but when we add up the fees, wages, agent fees for the prospects, crocks and desperate signings we may as well have gone big on a top draw striker two years ago)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shouldn't that be: "come on for the final 10 minutes in a last gasp desperate attempt to snatch something in a match after we've created next to nothing"?

A goal here and there sounds beyond our wildest dreams. Would make him our Haaland.

Back
Top Bottom