Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting in what has not happened so far this summer is a lack of substantial ins and outs of the younger elements of the club.Is there the same transfer window for other football leagues?

Ins I don't think we'll see any really (other than these mystery South Americans if they ever appear). The u21 squad is pretty well stocked as a load of u18s moved up this season. Arguably could do with another striker though.

Surprised Marques isn't on the move so far but wonder if we're keen to have him around and for him to learn a back 4 as he's been very much "the coady role" so far.

Out goings could blow that all out of the water though as losing too many from u21s will push up more from u18s who are looking quite thin in defence, although they have some excellent u16s/u17s filling in.

The Football League have the same transfer window as everyone else.... perhaps more movement once

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So did we move for nunes so quickly because we got the 35m upfront from MGW??

and Guedes was just part of income we could spend?

Or do we invest this 35m straight into ramos/andre silva

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the euphoria then back down to earth. Now we have to wonder if there is anything in Neves and Neto going?
Hardly we got a really good fee for a player who clearly had doubts about being here and with his contract situation meant his value would only decrease even if did well if he didnt sign a new one...

Obviously we all want to keep our best players but this move just makes senses for us as the fee is huge for someone who has yet to perform at this level!

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the euphoria then back down to earth. Now we have to wonder if there is anything in Neves and Neto going?

Nah the MGW to Forest links were substantiated by reliable sources and was clear if they met our valuation and MGW wasn't willing to sign a new deal we would sell. There has been nothing for Neves or Neto apart for vague "these top teams might be interested" of course things could change as nothing is certain in football but this is clearly a different case.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So did we move for nunes so quickly because we got the 35m upfront from MGW??

and Guedes was just part of income we could spend?

Or do we invest this 35m straight into ramos/andre silva

I mean Benfica did want more on the obligation to loan

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s an insane amount of money for someone when hasn’t really done it the Premier League. He was better on Saturday from what I’d seen previously it there were still lots of flicks etc and he spent a lot of the game not influencing it. So we’re selling MGW for up to £17m more than Guedes or about the same as Nunes.

Just listening to E&S podcast and Keen said we didn’t need to sell anyone but everyone has a price. Apparently Bruno said on Friday that we wouldn’t let another Adama situation happen and let someone run down their contract.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the speed of everything says to me, we sorted out nunes as soon as we got wiff of this new mgw bid

Should give us room on this striker

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right - well time to put a few more cards on the table. I was told a couple of weeks ago that MGW will go to Forest (I posted after the BBC female journalist said it was a done deal) but that Jeff was holding out for top dollar because he thought he could get it.

Not saying this to prove what a wonderful savant I am, but to (hopefully) show that I'm not just making the following up - all of which came from the same source.

- Our summer budget went from £0 to £100+ million overnight
- Neves is signing a new deal
- We tried to sack Bruno over the summer

Still can't believe how overpriced the Enlgish market is. Not even the Forest fans are happy with this: Morgan Gibbs-White

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right - well time to put a few more cards on the table. I was told a couple of weeks ago that MGW will go to Forest (I posted after the BBC female journalist said it was a done deal) but that Jeff was holding out for top dollar because he thought he could get it.

Not saying this to prove what a wonderful savant I am, but to (hopefully) show that I'm not just making the following up - all of which came from the same source.

Still can't believe how overpriced the Enlgish market is. Not even the Forest fans are happy with this: Morgan Gibbs-White
We tried to sack bruno who for? - thats an interesting one.
Neves signing a new deal i can see.

Now hogan if you are being a savant - how many more to come in and what positions

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

i wonder whether Bruno would still be here if Lopetegui had left Sevilla as once mooted. anything else you have heard mate? cheers for the information

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest are doing up the stadium too. They'll be an attractive club to any mega-rich wannabe club owners, but this level of spending is phenomenally risky even assuming they stay up.

We can't turn down £35m for MGW, but this means we either need an alternative to or upgrade on Podence imo (if 4-2-3-1 is the preferred formation).

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Cheers for this, any further snippets regarding a striker?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not saying your source is wrong mate, but if we tried to sack Bruno over the summer, why didn't we? Also, do you think that MGW money paid for Nunes, or is that money going to go towards a striker?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm guessing there's something in there about staying up, appearances & goals and an England cap. Plus I guess we have a juicy sell on clause too.
That is basically what I am saying. If he does reach England cap level he most likely will be worth a lot more than the 44m and even a selling on percentage would not compensate for losing a player of that quality.
The only way we would win on this deal is if Morgan does flop.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Happy with that. Wish MGW the very best in the future and I hope we have a sell on fee in there.

He sounds like he’s matured since his escapade during Lockdown but of everyone who could leave, this is the one I’m happiest with.

Good luck Morgan and thanks Forrest!
Yes, shame we couldn't keep him but I really think he would have struggled to keep his place in the first XI once Guedes is up to speed and a new striker arrives. He clearly wants to playing every week and didn't want to commit too far ahead with Wolves (understandable) so with the fee on offer it suits all parties.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How did the budget suddenly go from 0-100m?

Jeff putting cheat codes in somewhere ?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would've liked to keep him but that fee is just outrageous. Also if we're going to be playing 433 now we have Nunes, he wouldn't get in ahead of Neto or Guedes in the wide forward positions. I wish him all the very best.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying your source is wrong mate, but if we tried to sack Bruno over the summer, why didn't we? Also, do you think that MGW money paid for Nunes, or is that money going to go towards a striker?
No idea on both fronts sir! I suspect the right man wasn't available. I heard that was the reason for the delay in the BL Ask Wolves video.

Anyway, that's why I've been making cryptic winks over the past 2 weeks, but I must admit that I still thought this calibre of signing unlikely

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This wad my favourite from the forest forum

"Had a strong feeling this would happen after wolves signed those two highly rated midfielders from Portugal for 30 and 40 odd million each.

Obviously, his worth is what we were willing to pay for him. If this helps get Cooper over the line too then great.

Bruno Lage must be gutted. He was going to build the team around him and everything. Now he just has those two great players he's signed to fill the void."

When described like that it makes massive sense. :D

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad journalism, i expect putting two and two together.

I think forest are out of running for ramos now.

If newcastle get pedro

its between us and southampton (sorry saints fans)

No brainer for ramos to us

At this point what under 23 Portuguese player is going to reject us to go somewhere else ?

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is basically what I am saying. If he does reach England cap level he most likely will be worth a lot more than the 44m and even a selling on percentage would not compensate for losing a player of that quality.
The only way we would win on this deal is if Morgan does flop.

But we do win because he doesn't have a long contract this is the most we are going to get for him. Footballers aren't chained to one club until they get peak value, its not like he is proven better than any of our wide players of midfielders so it's not a direct blow to the squad apart from depth.

Back
Top Bottom