Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah agreed,
Jimenez didn't really score goals until he came too us, Salah didn't early in his career either.

Neither did Podence, Adama or Hwang (at this level) . And they still don't! ( Wasn't Raul's "minutes per goal" decent, but he was mostly a bench warmer at Benfica?)

A lot of players start pretty slowly and developed into beasts, far more players learn it and are successful. I'd actually say poachers, especially at youth level, are the riskiest bets.

And a lot start lock rockets and disappear without trace. You never really know which one you've got. Vinagre is a good example. At 17/18 , looked like he was going to be international class soon, if he just ironed out a couple of flaws. Yet he never did and appears to have stood still or even regressed. Watch him now go on and be Evertons player of the season!

But yes, it seems most strikers careers don't really kick off in the "Big leagues" till they are 23 or 24 at least. Apart from the occasional one in 10 million types (Haaland, Owen etc)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies a little off topic as its not Nunes specific, but it was raised on this thread.

We have some very good young players that, prior to a switch to a four, would have been ideal at wing-back (Bueno & Giles). The trouble is, neither are great defensively and both excel going forward (Bueno himself was a winger/forward when he joined but we converted him to a wing back).

Not saying it can't be worked on, but I don't think a switch to a back 4 has done them any favours for imminent 1st team consideration, as much as we'd like to see it.

We have played they 3-4-3 with wing-backs at every level of the club for a number of years now.

Make no mistake about it, Bruno's decision to step away from a system so engrained in our club at every level is completely ruthless. But I think the short-term pain will lead to long-term gain!

If those promising youth players can't adapt to the change in shape, unfortunately they will just become collateral damage. Just as Coady has in a way.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry…..didn’t mean to imply that.
Just that I read the signs as being half full…….this window is no surprise to me.
I was just messing about :)

I don't want to defend this position too much as I really don't care either way all that much, but we have needed more depth for a few windows now, we had a small squad with a strong first team, but all the noises were about selling to buy.

We haven't won in nine league games now I think, and we desperately lack goals. Before the signing(s) of the last week or so, I think being concerned about the above was a valid position to take, you could make a case that the current team playing the Nuno-style system had reached it's limit.

But, as I've said, I'm over the moon and cannot wait to see them in action.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies a little off topic as its not Nunes specific, but it was raised on this thread.

We have some very good young players that, prior to a switch to a four, would have been ideal at wing-back (Bueno & Giles). The trouble is, neither are great defensively and both excel going forward (Bueno himself was a winger/forward when he joined but we converted him to a wing back).

Not saying it can't be worked on, but I don't think a switch to a back 4 has done them any favours for imminent 1st team consideration, as much as we'd like to see it.
I wouldn't apologise, this thread doesn't seem to have a topic any more. Needs renaming 'General Discussion'.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me, too. Forest would surely be able to afford £20M for Podence? Would be in mourning to see him go. But for Forest, well worth it , for a player so consistent, reliable and injury free. Honest!
Indeed, a player of veritably giant status....

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Any fullback who can't play as a wing back or any wing back who can't play as a fullback, need to get on the training pitch and work on their game

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it with some posters on here who accuse posters of daring to be critical as man babys and telling them to **** off, whilst seemingly putting on point scoring posts on this thread? Why cant we all rejoice in a potentially outstanding signing. Yes some of us, including me are critical and have been and with good reason in the last 12 months, in my opinion. At the end of the day we all want the best for the club and have different opinions or this forum would be dead.

I will happily hold my hands up and say fair play to Fosun if they pull of these level of signings. I was genuinely worried a few weeks back and yes I have been critical and if this upsets some on here I apologise but being told to **** off seems very extreme and almost a lot of pent up rage in some posts against posters who dare challenge or show any criticism or concern.
Good post

doogisgod

Groupie
Reaction score
I've seen a number of messages stating that Nunes is already on a flight to the UK. My prediction is that the announcement that he has signed will be made late evening today. Watch out for the announcement around 10 pm, same as Guedes. COYW !!!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got up at 6am , ( near the end of business day for you in England) and presumed last night it would be all sealed up by now.
Pleeeeeese , get that signature on the dotted line already.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Me, too. Forest would surely be able to afford £20M for Podence? Would be in mourning to see him go. But for Forest, well worth it , for a player so consistent, reliable and injury free. Honest!
Ironically, Pod nearly went to Forest in the past from Olympiakos who have the same owner as Forest, so could see Forest going for him but not sure Pod would want the move even if more money as wouldn't have the same Portuguese dynamic.

Last edited:

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough mate, I don't remember anything that bad, but if it was then I can understand the reaction.

All you have to do is pick a low number and go to that page of the main transfer thread, within a couple of pages Wolves are a joke, we're embarrassing, have a useless drip for amanager, and Jeff is a liar - and that's just a few at random, anonymised so that people don't feel silly:

Obviously not privy to the internal workings at Wolves and its transfer policies and without hearing directly from the club, I can only comment on what I see and hear from different outlets. From that, it appears as though we are a joke and haven't a clue about how to progress transfers.

This enzo nonsense…..Why are we shopping in Harrods with a bag of lose change and few old buttons. What’s the point of even going for these players from top clubs who have options like Milan and benfica etc? Or is that the tactic so Jeff can make it look like he tried but ultimately failed again.

We have no European football to offer. We have no ‘project’ to sell. We have a useless drip for a manager. We have no style of play. We have our best player in the shop window. We have hardly any first team players. We have an old ageing stadium. We are a club most foreigners (probably) have never have heard of. We are located in the former industrial heartlands not some vibrant trendy cosmopolitan metropolis.

When you can only afford to shop in Lidl. Shop in ****ing Lidl. There are some bargains to be found for sure. Don’t waste you time on a trip to Knightsbridge to ask the shop assistant if they will sell you a Tiffany tiara and matching diamond necklace for three pounds ****ing fifty cos you want it for your daughters school disco run by DJ Dave down the local WMC.

I still think Palhinha is a good realistic target for us rather than our pie in the sky deals like Nunes.

I will happily eat humble pie if they pull it out of the bag, my fear is they hinged all of their deals on selling neves for big money and now he looks to be staying they’ve had to pull the hand break up. To be honest even if they did sell him they would probably only give us half and they still wouldn’t be able to get anything done as they are all numpties running the recruitment side of the club.

I don’t live in the uk but I’m sure those who are season ticket holders must be rightly ****ed off knowing they renewed off the back of lies and literally the day after the deadline was up the whole sell to buy **** came out.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it with some posters on here who accuse posters of daring to be critical as man babys and telling them to **** off, whilst seemingly putting on point scoring posts on this thread? Why cant we all rejoice in a potentially outstanding signing. Yes some of us, including me are critical and have been and with good reason in the last 12 months, in my opinion. At the end of the day we all want the best for the club and have different opinions or this forum would be dead.

I will happily hold my hands up and say fair play to Fosun if they pull of these level of signings. I was genuinely worried a few weeks back and yes I have been critical and if this upsets some on here I apologise but being told to **** off seems very extreme and almost a lot of pent up rage in some posts against posters who dare challenge or show any criticism or concern.
Well said indeed

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All you have to do is pick a low number and go to that page of the main transfer thread, within a couple of pages Wolves are a joke, we're embarrassing, have a useless drip for amanager, and Jeff is a liar - and that's just a few at random, anonymised so that people don't feel silly:
Happy to admit that they are all me. Threw my toys out the pram after we missed out on Kieffer Moore.

Now I know it was all part of the plan.

R

reanswolf

I was responsible for number 3 but have never accused Jeff of being a liar or Wolves as a joke. This was based on the player saying he was not interested in us.

I’m not ashamed of saying that it was just a comment based on what the situation appeared to be.

Bet you feel great never having voiced genuine concern

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody's complaining about "genuine concern".

Some (including me) have made the point that the use of terms such as 'liar's, 'clowns', 'idiots' and the like have no place in a discussion about the success or otherwise of our owners', approaches to managing the club.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just think, right about now or the next hour, they're probably filming the over elaborate announcement video.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've no problem with criticism. I've no problem with airing genuine concern.

However I do have a problem with the vitriolic baseless abuse aimed at the powers that be, of which you are guilty of.

I also find it rich that you feel entitled to spout your nonsense, but are now put out that some now feel entitled to call you out on it. Double standards much?

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just adds to the joy when a signing winds up the Sky 6 clubs. Party like it's August 2018 again!

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s happened to eufa rules on finding/spending? I have completely missed any changes if they have come out so just hoping they apply to all unlike FFP does now.
I put up s thread about them today

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re a ****ing disgrace! Some of the bile and hatred that has been spewed towards a club they supposedly support has been nothing short of horrendous. Instead of holding their heads in shame, they just need to well and truly **** off!
I think a lively debate is good for all forums.

And theyve been bang on about the past 2 years of windows to be fair. It's only now that we've changed the policy that things look rosey again.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was responsible for number 3 but have never accused Jeff of being a liar or Wolves as a joke. This was based on the player saying he was not interested in us.

I’m not ashamed of saying that it was just a comment based on what the situation appeared to be.

Bet you feel great never having voiced genuine concern

I really do!

I think I said that we're short in central midfield or attack a couple of weeks ago, but that's about it - I like to remain on an even keel unless there's a genuine reason to wet my pants. No point in worrying that something bad could happen, just complain if and when it does!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only slight concern is he isn’t quite as handsome as our usual signings - I suppose we had to compromise somewhere though
Now that is a concern. Maybe it means he’ll start like a rocket then fade into a whinging, arm-flapping possession relinquishing merchant like another butt-ugly midfield Sporting alumni?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some happiness and credit where its due would go a long way towards helping the reaction you get though. Pretty much all you've said is what about the next one, little if any praise for Nunes.
I’ve said it’s great having quality covering most of the pitch. But what is badly missing is a striker. If we don’t get one by Saturday we are reducing ourselves to a 34/35 game season and the 5 points already lost could come back to haunt us
Anyway , high time FOSUN got their act together when some seat prices are now unaffordable

Back
Top Bottom