Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I know Nunes is highly rated and Seema a world class player in the making....but what sort of player is he? I assume not a goalscorer from his stats. Can someone suggest a player to whom he is similar

I *think* we just signed Portugals answer to KDB....

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will it be MGW who makes way. If Forest have really offered 40 million, I'd take it.
Surely a midfielder will have to depart now...but what do I know?
In my very humble opinion - yes and I am not ITK.

That would be £145m outlay in players so I'd be shocked if we didn't offset that with an outgoing.
However, seems Forest are in for Aouar so I am wondering if they will still have an interest in MGW?

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen a few different sources talking about Bruno's role in Guedes and Nunes. Seems he has some credit in the football World...
If not the football World he definitely has in the football Portugal

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or does he play in midfield 3 with Neves and Donk, and 3 up front? We played 4-3-3 all pre season and only switched to 4-2-3-1 when Moutinho and Raul were injured.

I think we've finally got a squad full of options!

I think 4-3-3 will be the main formation, but 4-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 and variations of 4-4-2 are all possibilities with the players we've got.

Partly why I hope we keep Gibbs-White, as he can fill so many different roles in so many setups, just as he did for Sheffield United last season.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will it be MGW who makes way. If Forest have really offered 40 million, I'd take it.
Surely a midfielder will have to depart now...but what do I know?
We still only have Neves, Nunes, Moutinho, Donk, Cundle and Ronan as our midfield options, with the latter the most likely to depart, and possibly a loan for Cundle. If there has been new investment we need to keep our best players for competition and cover, and I include MGW as amongst our best players, and move on those that are not in Lage’s plans.
It’s not new investment if we still have to sell quality players to get money back in.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think 4-3-3 will be the main formation, but 4-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 and variations of 4-4-2 are all possibilities with the players we've got.

Partly why I hope we keep Gibbs-White, as he can fill so many different roles in so many setups, just as he did for Sheffield United last season.
What about 4-1-3-2 or 3-1-4-2?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen a few different sources talking about Bruno's role in Guedes and Nunes. Seems he has some credit in the football World...
He was rumoured to have been in Lisbon after the match at the weekend.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give it a rest for five minutes will you and just enjoy this? Dear me.
We don’t score enough goals and it’s a forum to discuss issues. Im not convinced signing Nunes will address that issue. Feel free to tell me why he will…

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or does he play in midfield 3 with Neves and Donk, and 3 up front? We played 4-3-3 all pre season and only switched to 4-2-3-1 when Moutinho and Raul were injured.
He’s played most of his games in a MF pair, our old friend the 343, but there are plenty of combinations that make sense.

If Donk wasn’t so bloody passive (much better overall these last 2 games, but still manages to lose a disproportionate amount of 50/50s) then Donk as ‘6’ with Nunes and Neves ‘8s’ would be good.
Neves + Nunes as in the 2 in the 4231 sounds good, but I think when everyone fit, it could be Neves holding with Nunes and Moutinho as the 8s in a 433.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Recall reading something the other day saying that Nunes has been learning English in recent months and practising with Marcus Edwards. I guess with a big Portugese contingent here you can see why we might be a good stepping stone?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People won’t forget what he did in that successful, enjoyable although short stint in charge over there. Let alone what he did for Joao Felix, any young Portuguese player would want to work with the guy who developed him.

He is a good coach, you can see it in the training videos, he has just had the nucleus of a talent squad that has been conditioned into safety first.

Guedes and nunes are “Bruno” type players.

Also, the fact my Man Utd mates are having aneurisms over us getting nunes and then getting rabiot and using a Bruno fernandes in RAPID decline and having McFred in midfield…..

GOOD TIMES PEOPLE GOOD TIMES

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

4-3-2-1, ideal for Neto/ Guedes/ MGW/ Podence behind Raul and (hopefully) a new striker option.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watching the highlights of his performance against Man City and I’m really surprised at how good he is defensively. Made some really good tackles on KDB!

What a signing!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is quite an incredible signing, he should really be going to a UCL club.

Add a prolific no9 into the mix and this will have been a good window.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t score enough goals and it’s a forum to discuss issues. Im not convinced signing Nunes will address that issue. Feel free to tell me why he will…
This is now a thread to talk about and frankly bask in the glow of the signing of (probably) a world class player. Bore off and whinge about the lack of goals on a lack of goals thread FFS, rather than bringing this one down.

Back
Top Bottom