Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Non-Wolves Transfers (Summer Transfers 2022)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Rabiot is a good player tbf, seems like De Jong move is toast then. Chelsea apparently could end up nicking him after all that United put it in. Which is hilarious

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rabiot is a good player tbf, seems like De Jong move is toast then. Chelsea apparently could end up nicking him after all that United put it in. Which is hilarious
Barca needs to stump up the 19m wage deferral first before De Jong will move.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Barca needs to stump up the 19m wage deferral first before De Jong will move.
Chelsea lobbing money around like confetti so maybe they just add £19M onto the deal which Barca give to him.

I rate Fofana from Leicester but £70M!!!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably realised after one game of Neco Williams that they have joined the long list of clubs hoodwinked by Liverpool into signing their useless squad players for decent money.
I think you'll be right, but he's a right back. They've signed 3 of them already!!

6 fullbacks in one window!!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Marco Arnautovich wont be joining Man U.

shame. Would have been hilarious.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton have just paid £33million for a midfield player (Onana) I have never heard of. 20 years old signed from Lille

Makes our £27million for an established Portuguese 25 year old in Guedes seem a bargain.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton have just paid £33million for a midfield player (Onana) I have never heard of. 20 years old signed from Lille

Makes our £27million for an established Portuguese 25 year old in Guedes seem a bargain.
Fantastic player is onana.... massive potential...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Atalanta's Remo Freuler on course to sign for Forest according to the Athletic, who expect 'some big spending' from them before the deadline.

Crazy window for them.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest rumoured to be in for Emmanuel Dennis from Watford. Good signing if it happens and one that we should have been interested in imo. £20m bid for a 24 yo international who got 10 for a poor side last year.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Freuler to Forest confirmed by Romano, who also says Newcastle in for Ramos.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Rabiot is one of the most overrated players ever - and hes a ****
He is so forgettable.

Great dribbler? No, average.
Great defensive shift? No, average. Passer/creator? No, average
Goals? No, average.

Good dressing room influence? No, abysmal.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest signing Emmanuel Dennis, Cheikhou Kouyate, and Romo Freuler. They've spent over £120m and their squad is still the most mediocre in the league. Dennis might bag a few goals for them to be fair, but my god if 'doing a Fulham' ever applied to another team...

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Forest signing Emmanuel Dennis, Cheikhou Kouyate, and Romo Freuler. They've spent over £120m and their squad is still the most mediocre in the league. Dennis might bag a few goals for them to be fair, but my god if 'doing a Fulham' ever applied to another team...

I'm sure it's morphing into doing a forest

I'm unsure how that team is going to gel lots of new players in

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Freuler is a really good player and a bargain at £8m. Dennis is a decent signing too for a newly promoted side.

Their squad was so thin in terms of both size and quality that they had to employ a scattergun approach. Most of the big earners / signings are on loan or shorter contracts so they won’t be overly burdened if they go down.

Think they’ve given themselves a chance of being competitive this year, which they really wouldn’t have been with the squad that came up.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure it's morphing into doing a forest

I'm unsure how that team is going to gel lots of new players in
Steve Cooper is one hell of a manager and whilst they'll be near the bottom I think they may escape relegation along with both Fulham and Bournemouth. They seem to be spending shed loads of money which I assume falls inside the FFP rules?

T

TheConcourse

Freuler is a really good player and a bargain at £8m. Dennis is a decent signing too for a newly promoted side.

Their squad was so thin in terms of both size and quality that they had to employ a scattergun approach. Most of the big earners / signings are on loan or shorter contracts so they won’t be overly burdened if they go down.

Think they’ve given themselves a chance of being competitive this year, which they really wouldn’t have been with the squad that came up.
Biggest issue for them is:

A) It goes relatively well, they stay up but have an average bloated squad on significant wages and can’t move them on to improve again.

B) They go down and take a bunch of players down to the Championship.

Either way, it doesn’t appear to be particularly considered and I’m predicting this train falls off its Premier League tracks within 2 years.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The problem for them was they had a lot of loan players last year, so they've had no other choice but to go down this route. When you're a newly promoted side, it's obviously harder to convince top players to join you, so I think they're in this conundrum where they've got a lot of backing from the owner, but there's a clear ceiling to the calibre of player they can attract, so they've seemingly signed 15 players for £10-15m each, basically just throwing a lot of **** at the wall and hoping it sticks.

I think Fulham had a similar problem, although their base was much sounder when they came up before. If Cooper can keep this group up after basically hitting the reset button with only two players starting from last year (Johnson and Worrall), then he deserves a shout for manager of the year, behind Bruno, who's taking us to the Champions League.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Forrest are spending 3 years spend in one go. Even if they stay up this year, it will severely hamper any future spending and will need to sell to do any further business. I understand why they are doing it, and it must be super exciting for the fans seeing 12 plus new signings coming in.

However,

They have made losses of over 30m a year for each of the last 3 years so are immediately putting themselves in ffp difficulty far worse than even when we came up with that big loss in our last year in the championship and villa who were loss making for years.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They've also agreed a fee with Bordeaux for Hwang.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of Forest's signings have been great imo. Henderson, O'Brien and Freuler are all really impressive players. The issue - for me - is that they have signed a lot of players who won't make the match day squad. It's as if they signed a bunch of alright players then realised they could aim higher and are landed with a bunch of presumably well paid players they probably don't much want!

Secondly - and I know they lost so many players at the end of last season - they've also basically said to the lads that got them promoted: "We don't think you're good enough". Any side that goes up has to rely on their spirit to carry them through the next season. Only in very very rare cases (us, Reading, Fulham under Tigana) are the club already a PL team in everything but name.

I'm very (very) often wrong about things but I don't think it will be player quality that is the problem at Forest this year. I just fear that they won't be able to recreate the feel good factor of last season

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rabiot
Ronaldo
Arnautovic

That’s one toxic dressing when they loose. Sit back and get the popcorn for this to explode once again and Gary Neville to start crying.
One can but hope. If any club ever deserved that... Awful entitled fans, awful avaricious septic owners and an unlikeable bunch of utter ****s as players....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest rumoured to be in for Emmanuel Dennis from Watford. Good signing if it happens and one that we should have been interested in imo. £20m bid for a 24 yo international who got 10 for a poor side last year.
Yes, I think this is one we could look to gatecrash....and then sell them MGW for 35 mill......

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of Forest's signings have been great imo. Henderson, O'Brien and Freuler are all really impressive players. The issue - for me - is that they have signed a lot of players who won't make the match day squad. It's as if they signed a bunch of alright players then realised they could aim higher and are landed with a bunch of presumably well paid players they probably don't much want!

Secondly - and I know they lost so many players at the end of last season - they've also basically said to the lads that got them promoted: "We don't think you're good enough". Any side that goes up has to rely on their spirit to carry them through the next season. Only in very very rare cases (us, Reading, Fulham under Tigana) are the club already a PL team in everything but name.

I'm very (very) often wrong about things but I don't think it will be player quality that is the problem at Forest this year. I just fear that they won't be able to recreate the feel good factor of last season
You are right. There is a lot of potential resentment in the...you were good enough to get us up but we don't want you now model...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are right. There is a lot of potential resentment in the...you were good enough to get us up but we don't want you now model...
Think Middlesbrough... Not to mention the newbies on shedloads more money...

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Leicester are desperate to get rid of Boubakary Soumare after only a year at the club. I remember really wanting him at Wolves, maybe we dodged a bullet there.

Back
Top Bottom