Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Non-Wolves Transfers (Summer Transfers 2022)

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Steve Cooper has even signed off on the majority of Forests signings or if the owner is just going off on one to prove he can hang with the big boys?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest signed Emmanuel Dennis for £20 million and Cheik Kouyate on a free. Also set to sign Neil Maupay for £15 million. Thats 16 players in so far. Roughly about the size of our entire first team squad isn’t it? Apparently signing Hwang Ui Jo and loaning him straight to Olympiacos as well?

Looks like Goncalo Ramos could be Newcastle bound - £35 million allegedly

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Leicester are desperate to get rid of Boubakary Soumare after only a year at the club. I remember really wanting him at Wolves, maybe we dodged a bullet there.

Another one that going to change the world, same as when Fulham signed Seri when we got promoted. But ended up doing **** all and now playing at Hull on a free transfer.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question for the clued up on here. It's reported that Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Fofana from Leicester. How can they do that when Leicester have turned down their offers? I thought no contact was allowed until a fee was agreed or have the rules changed?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question for the clued up on here. It's reported that Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Fofana from Leicester. How can they do that when Leicester have turned down their offers? I thought no contact was allowed until a fee was agreed or have the rules changed?
If l was cynical... You can't talk to a player... But you can talk to his agent...

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m certain players get ‘tapped up’ all the time. It’s so easy to speak to somebody these days with various social media platforms like WhatsApp etc.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a long goodbye on his own with the fans yesterday after the Arsenal game so definitely looks like it’s happening. They can’t turn that an absurd amount of money like that, they’ll always break eventually.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the same. Farcical, no one even tries to hide it anymore.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can Forest sign so many players which must significantly be increasing their wage bill. Weren’t we told we could only increase our wage bill by a certain amount each season or fall foul of FFP? Have the rules changed or are they just ignoring them?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can Forest sign so many players which must significantly be increasing their wage bill. Weren’t we told we could only increase our wage bill by a certain amount each season or fall foul of FFP? Have the rules changed or are they just ignoring them?
Not sure, but its interesting whats going on there. I can’t imagine Steve Cooper is coming up with all of these targets himself? Could end up a total mess, or be a masterstroke?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think FFP has changed and it is now wages as a % of income. They’ve got a very low wage bill to start with because of low Championship wages and losing loan players and their income will go up due to being in PL so this season they have enormous headroom.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Have Forest set some kind of record for numbers of incomings for a promoted club? 1 heck of a gamble. Looks set for 2 weeks of transfer insanity!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Have Forest set some kind of record for numbers of incomings for a promoted club? 1 heck of a gamble. Looks set for 2 weeks of transfer insanity!
Massive gamble. Feels like they’re trying to put a team together to stay up for the next two years. If they stay up this season they won’t be able to spend very much at all next year, so they’ll be hoping the players they’re getting are good enough for two years. If they go down this year though (which could still easily happen) then they’re ****ed.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Think this is everyone…

Awoniyi
Dennis
Williams
Biancone
Richards
Toffolo
Niakhate
Mangala
Freuler
Kouyate
O’Brien
Aguilera
Lingard
Henderson
Hennessey

Aouar - TBC
Maupay - TBC
Hwang - TBC

And still not done…

The complete antithesis of Norwich’s approach.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Not sure, but its interesting whats going on there. I can’t imagine Steve Cooper is coming up with all of these targets himself? Could end up a total mess, or be a masterstroke?
They have a transfer committee, which includes the owner, DOF (think they got some ex Newcastle bloke recently?) and others.

Think it's similar to the way Olympiakos operate, and probably most clubs in Europe and here to greater or lesser degree now. What is interesting is how much involvement/influence a head coach has where clubs operate a transfer committee. Some appear to have more than others. In Forest's case it is rumoured Cooper has little to zero influence and the squad is being built by their transfer committee and Cooper is just expected to coach and mould them into a successful team.

Putting aside the question of whether they are signing too many and the right calibre of player, this recruitment approach should, in theory, means you are building a squad that any head coach worth his salt could takeover and mould into a decent team and you are not lumbered with the picks of a specific coach. It's an interesting approach but obviously relies on a good scouting and recruitment team and transfer committee for it to be successful.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are looking good at the moment but 100mph May tire then what

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Disagree, MGW is good but Gordon is superb and with PL production to show for it too.

I want us to keep MGW but if he doesn’t sign a new contract it could end up being a bad decision not to sell.
Gordon has precious little PL production and is enormously overrated imo. Decent dribbler, really good diver. A career mid table player, Chelsea just scattergunning

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man Utd reportedly interested in Jamie Vardy. It's probably just clickbait.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Man Utd reportedly interested in Jamie Vardy. It's probably just clickbait.
If you’ve read that in an article from 2017, great signing. If that’s right now, not so sure.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell! Just saw the Diego Carlos news. Wow, that's so so unlucky.

I mean, obviously it's funny that it happens to Villa, but to have your marquee signing out for 7-9 months is a madness.
That's the problem when you splash big money on older players though. One piece of bad luck like this and....disaster looms

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea bid 40M for Gordon of Everton. No way is he worth that

Back
Top Bottom