Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t win. Fans slam the club for a lack of insight, they get it, explain the situation clearly, then get slammed for a lack of respect.

You’re just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I’m really not. We don’t need to know the reasons for his departure.

I think it’s classless to put it on him like that.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair point....it's just that the last few loans with no obligations of players we are trying to hawk out (Cutrone, Traore, Cutrone, Cutrone, Cutrone) have been such failures that it doesn't inspire confidence.

I'm sure there will be a chunky loan fee but it's not what I'd have done at all. Great great servant for the club but if it's time to go, it's time to go properly.

So I'm sure the club are well aware that a loan with option may not result in the option being exercised!

If we didn't have any decent offers, then this sounds like a good compromise.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I'm sure the club are well aware that a loan with option may not result in the option being exercised!

If we didn't have any decent offers, then this sounds like a good compromise.
Or just another cracking deal by the A-Team. Doesn't take much to lean one way over another.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous deal. I can’t believe we haven’t learned our lesson from previous loans. Who loans out their club captain (and probably our 1st reserve at CB) to a rival with no obligation to buy?! Utter madness.

Conor, you’re an absolute bloody legend. One of my favourite players of all time. It’s really, really sad the way he’s left. Getting bombed to the 23’s friendlies and now being loaned out. I hope to see him back at Molineux so we can give him the send off he deserves.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last home match of the season is against Everton. Coady won't be playing in it, or shouldn't be unless we have been really generous, so I hope that's the match that sends them down.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually can’t believe we’ve loaned our captain out. Regardless of whether he’s lost his place in the first team, he’s still first reserve cb and also hugely important off the pitch.

Neves and Neto will for sure feel his loss knowing few minor off the pitch things but I guess they’ll be gone next summer anyway.

Makes no business sense whatsoever.

Pure meltdowns if we lose on Saturday because deary me we’ll be wishing we could revert to five at the back at Spurs.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know many don’t rate Coady as a defender per se, and that’s absolutely fine. However, he is the leader we have, he’s articulate, intelligent, and a great spokesman for the club, and no player has been more committed to the club since he arrived.

Seems like there’s something really sinister here, and I don’t for one second believe that this is down to his actual ability.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m really not. We don’t need to know the reasons for his departure.

I think it’s classless to put it on him like that.
Think this is unfair on Wolves.

Listen to Bruno's comments - he loves Coady.

He's 3rd or 4th choice CB, so would've been needed. It's a bizarre decision to let someone like that go, so it's right that they explain he was pushing to go.

That doesn't excuse giving him away on loan though.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually can’t believe we’ve loaned our captain out. Regardless of whether he’s lost his place in the first team, he’s still first reserve cb and also hugely important off the pitch.

Neves and Neto will for sure feel his loss knowing few minor off the pitch things but I guess they’ll be gone next summer anyway.

Makes no business sense whatsoever.

Pure meltdowns if we lose on Saturday because deary me we’ll be wishing we could revert to five at the back at Spurs.
It'll be meltdown regardless.

Least captaining Mitrovic might save the FPL.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know many don’t rate Coady as a defender per se, and that’s absolutely fine. However, he is the leader we have, he’s articulate, intelligent, and a great spokesman for the club, and no player has been more committed to the club since he arrived.

Seems like there’s something really sinister here, and I don’t for one second believe that this is down to his actual ability.
Sinister? I loved the chap here, but reluctantly I think it's right that he moves on. He just wasn't part of Bruno's plans and I think it's the right decision to let him go, although I wouldn't have done it as a loan without an obligation. No idea why it has to be part of a vague conspiracy theory.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think this is unfair on Wolves.

Listen to Bruno's comments - he loves Coady.

He's 3rd or 4th choice CB, so would've been needed. It's a bizarre decision to let someone like that go, so it's right that they explain he was pushing to go.

That doesn't excuse giving him away on loan though.

I refuse to believe that he was pushing to go. It’s not in his character.

He may well have expressed his desire to leave once he was told he wouldn’t be first choice, and wouldn’t be captain, and I can fully understand that. He certainly didn’t instigate this process though IMO.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel sad.

One of the last members of one of my favourite teams, the Campionship winners, now gone.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing lasts forever. Hopefully this is finally the start of Mk Ii of Fosuns Wolves

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wanted out by all accounts as soon as he heard about the Everton interest. Right decision imo

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s a loan with a fee and Everton pay his wages. That was the only way the deal would go through. Other option was we pay his wages and he sits on the bench

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. Thought those lambasting him last week for bailing at the first sign of competition were a bit harsh initially but perhaps they are right.

As a career move it's a no brainer....he must have been given definite knowledge that the style change was not going to benefit him, I doubt it's a case of just "bailing" due to competition....he would have talked to Southgate and his agent would have talked in depth with Wolves. He cannot simply add another yard of pace like switching a light on so he's disadvantaged by staying.
He's seen the writing on the wall here, he can go to another club in the same situation and have more opportunity to play....it is all about a World Cup. If he sat back at Wolves and missed out he'd regret it not doing more for the rest of his life. It's in his own hands again.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan with option is an utter joke.
Oh what’s the big deal? Wolves wanted to help him as a thank you and if nothing else, Everton will pay his wages. It’s an ok deal if he was going to spend his time on the bench.
Coady wouldn’t have gone unless it suited him.

Besides, you can’t label it an utter joke unless you know all the details. If you knew them you’d probably think it was a good idea.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Something doesn't feel right about this. It really doesn't. I am upset and very concerned. I think there is a bigger picture at play here.
Agree, the whole thing stinks, whoever is making these decisions need kicking out of the club, has the Bhalti Bro's come back. ?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will become an Everton player at the end of the season of that I have no doubt.
All the "bad decision/good decision" debate, that took some balls by Bruno.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh what’s the big deal? Wolves wanted to help him as a thank you and if nothing else, Everton will pay his wages. It’s an ok deal if he was going to spend his time on the bench.
Coady wouldn’t have gone unless it suited him.

Besides, you can’t label it an utter joke unless you know all the details. If you knew them you’d probably think it was a good idea.
If Everton don’t take the option then he comes back a year older and worth less as other clubs know he has no place here. I’d have rather have got the cash in in a straight sale.

Reactions: Ned

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder what he will say if Everton don't take the option....
Yep.

I'd stop arguing about the option/obligation because he's talking like someone who isn't coming back.

Not going to go in on him for obvious reasons but anyone actually questioning why we've done it should listen to that.

That doesn't mean moaning about the initial loan isn't justified by the way.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What sinister situation are you imagining?

Just a couple of week ago you said this!

Coady is not a good defender, per se. He is playing in a back five to not expose the fact he isn't a good defender. While his leadership and organisational skills are second to none, there will always be the thought process of, if we drop him and put an attack minded midfielder in and go with a 4, how would the team perform then. This is only going to accelerate further now we have Collins.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if it was, why make it public? Just wish him well and thank him for his service.

No need to make sure everyone knows it was Coady’s decision and not Jeff’s.
there’s no problem making it public, is there?
Didn’t do any harm.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, I didn’t really want him to go but can see why. Not sure I like the idea of the captain forcing the move because he’s not prepared to fight for his place in a World Cup year but I guess we don’t know exactly what has been said and what has happened.

But the loan is a joke. Are we really still being charity cases for our players, their agents and the clubs who want the players? We are giving Everton our captain for a season and they basically have had to pay a nominal fee (presumably) and then get him on a try before they buy option? It’s our captain, for **** sake. Regardless of how we think he would have got on in a back 4, you can’t just be giving away your captain!! It’s a terrible look and I bet Everton can’t believe their luck as they probably won’t bother signing him at the end of the season when Lampard gets the sack and the new man goes to a back 4.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Dendoncker goes to them next.... just as long as none of their sh.ite comes here...

ribz

Reaction score
I'm a numbers guy and statistically, Coady is objectively inferior to his competition.

What statistics don't measure (although they try) though is the role certain players play in a group, and I believe Coady played a big one.

Back
Top Bottom