Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A converted midfielder not suited to a back four.

Not guaranteed game time ahead of World Cup and likely his only chance to make one.

Hometown club comes calling offering him a place in a back 3 ahead of World Cup.

Wolves happy to reward his service with a low fee simple deal to get him the move he wanted.

Wolves fans bash the club.

Except it comes 6 months after the Traore/Barcelona debacle.

If there was an obligation to buy at 12m I suspect the vast majority of supporters wouldn't be questioning the club. They've made a rod for their own back here.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So essentially you won’t judge a decision based on the outcome but the process behind it.

I see the logic in this to a point, but there are decisions which are obviously stupid and when borne out, should be called out as such.
“Obviously” you say. Really?
I was thinking it was obvious that Wolves are forgoing a loan fee in order to help Coady. However, others may disagree.

Guess I better get my obvious meter recalibrated then.

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
Very sad day indeed.

Modern day legend. Always gave 100% and the transformation under Nuno from lower level midfield clogger to cultured passer from the back, to England player was great to watch.

Sure, he had a few limitations, but was comfortably our most consistent performer at the back last season.

This feels like almost as big a gamble as parting ways with Nuno last summer, if this back 4 thing doesn’t go to plan, the back 5 suddenly doesn’t seem so steady either.

Lastly, I can only imagine the void that will be left by him in the dressing room. A huge character and proper leader.

It’s a big thanks to Conor from me.
This.

He wont be in the staring 11 now we have switched to a back 4, but what happens when we go up against the bigger teams (City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs) and try to set up more defensively. He would have been worth keeping around for the times when we need to play with 5 at the back, and at £12m Everton have ripped us off. For an England international with years of PL experience, we should have been asking for £25m minimum. Especially when they paid £30m for Michael Keane who is nowhere near as good as Coady.

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being fixated on anything to do with this deal is mental, whether it's what he's said in his interview or the fee or lack thereof. It isn't our money, so unless money is used as an excuse for no additional signings that doesn't really matter, and crying over whether or not he forced a move, FFS who cares? His value had eroded to squad player/cheerleader and now he's gone so we all move on.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If people seriously think it is tenable for the club captain and huge personality to sit on the bench this year they are out of their minds.

Would have caused huge friction we didn't need. Danny B did it because he and we knew he was leaving at the end of that season and he was fine with that. Coady story totally different

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If people seriously think it is tenable for the club captain and huge personality to sit on the bench this year they are out of their minds.

Would have caused huge friction we didn't need. Danny B did it because he and we knew he was leaving at the end of that season and he was fine with that. Coady story totally different
But also Danny was a wolves boy through and through being with us for 19 years. There is that nugget too

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I refuse to believe that he was pushing to go. It’s not in his character.

He may well have expressed his desire to leave once he was told he wouldn’t be first choice, and wouldn’t be captain, and I can fully understand that. He certainly didn’t instigate this process though IMO.

If he was told he isnt part of the first team plans i'd be disappointed if he just stayed here just to be a backup. Any player worth his salt should be chasing first team football. I cant believe some of the comments on here having a pop at him. I dont often insult posters, but what a bunch of ****s you are.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Obviously” you say. Really?
I was thinking it was obvious that Wolves are forgoing a loan fee in order to help Coady. However, others may disagree.

Guess I better get my obvious meter recalibrated then.
Now now don’t get narky.

I am making a point regarding the merit of your rationale. It can be meritorious to assess the process behind a decision irrespective of outcome in certain circumstances or to a point.

But some decisions are obviously stupid, irrespective of the underlying decision making process, yes. For example (I will use hyperbole) if I decided to jump off a 50 storey building and land on one leg it would be a stupid decision no matter the thought process behind it.

And if Jeff decided to link transfer activity to, say, auspicious dates in the Chinese calendar that wou… oh wait

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pretty clearly not one game though is it, Kilman and Collins are going to get a big run at it
What if one gets injured or dramatically loses form? Many players have re entered the fray having fought for their place and never looked back

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

What if one gets injured or dramatically loses form? Many players have re entered the fray having fought for their place and never looked back
And what if they don't and we have a massive elephant in the room.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If he was pulling up trees in training in a 4, then why not? Unlikely but can’t be ruled out, like if 1 of the other 2 get injured
There is absolutely no chance on planet earth he was starting against Fulham barring injuries, and you know this well enough.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Henderson sat out large chunks for Liverpool despite being club captain

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Henderson sat out large chunks for Liverpool despite being club captain
Henderson has played over 40 games a season for Liverpool for half a decade other than season before last when he had long standing injuries.
You're making yourself look a bit silly now

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And what if they don't and we have a massive elephant in the room.
Then UNLESS he has been told he has no future here (which I doubt) he needs to knuckle down and fight for his place instead of sulking and running away at the first sign of adversity. Even a few games in it would be more understandable if his pulling up trees in training wasn’t being rewarded.

I’m sure he’d be the first to preach that nobody is bigger than the club. He doesn’t appear to be walking that walk.

Last edited:

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henderson has played over 40 games a season for Liverpool for half a decade other than season before last when he had long standing injuries.
You're making yourself look a bit silly now

Don’t get personal try and limit it to facts and footballing opinions. I often find that those quick to resort to the personal are insecure in their ability to argue their own position.

We are one game in. Collins could bomb. Coady could play 20 games this season. Henderson could have left after one game of being dropped couldn’t he - that would be a comparator of equivalence.

TStarr

Reaction score
Keep him, sell him, but wtf you do DON'T loan him out - we *******sed up the Traore deal, and probably still not been paid for Jota - 4 at the back may not be permanent, 5 has got us to where we are, burning our bridges seems v shortsighted. Will be sad to see him play against us, if that is permitted nowadays. Great player, servant and captain.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Don’t get personal try and limit it to facts and footballing opinions. I often find that those quick to resort to the personal are insecure in their ability to argue their own position.

We are one game in. Collins could bomb. Coady could play 20 games this season. Henderson could have left after one game of being dropped couldn’t he - that would be a comparator of equivalence.
It certainly wouldn't, because Henderson hasn't been dropped and clearly told he wasn't part of Klopps plans. It is a complete false equivalence. Henderson played in 57 games last season, pretty odd for a guy whose been dropped

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was told he isnt part of the first team plans i'd be disappointed if he just stayed here just to be a backup. Any player worth his salt should be chasing first team football. I cant believe some of the comments on here having a pop at him. I dont often insult posters, but what a bunch of ****s you are.
I’m not so sure. I remember thinking his reaction to being subbed against the baggies it was a bit petulant.

He’s obviously been the heartbeat of the team and a key part of our success but unless he’s been expressly told that he has no chance of starting then I find it disappointing that he hasn’t stayed to fight for his place.

Last edited:

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It certainly wouldn't, because Henderson hasn't been dropped and clearly told he wasn't part of Klopps plans. It is a complete false equivalence. Henderson played in 57 games last season, pretty odd for a guy whose been dropped
Yes he has been dropped. It doesn’t mean you’ll never play again.

And now your comparative is based on first hand knowledge of what both of these players were told. Don’t think I need to labour the point that you obviously have no idea about what either has been told behind closed doors.

Anyhow this is going nowhere fast so we can agree to have our own opinions as forums should, and wish you a good night.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being fixated on anything to do with this deal is mental, whether it's what he's said in his interview or the fee or lack thereof. It isn't our money, so unless money is used as an excuse for no additional signings that doesn't really matter, and crying over whether or not he forced a move, FFS who cares? His value had eroded to squad player/cheerleader and now he's gone so we all move on.
Agree with you on the whole but with this drive on sustainability every penny counts and a great point re Michael Keene being 30m made by an earlier poster. Frustrating.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also - why on earth would you be moved to insult people who take a different view of the actions of a football player at the club they support?

Unless you’re related to him that’s a huge leap..!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not so sure. I remember his reaction to being subbed against the baggies it was a bit petulant.

He’s obviously been the heartbeat of the team and a key part of our success but unless he’s been expressly told that he has no chance of starting then I find it disappointing that he hasn’t stayed to fight for his place.

I dont think it was petulant at all. He was probably annoyed at both his and the teams performace, which i would expect from all players.

Its pretty clear he has been told its a back 4, and its Collins and Kilman from now on. In a world cup year when it is, whats he supposed to do? Just give up his England spot because Wolves want to go in a different direction? Its the right time for him to move on, simple as that really.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think it was petulant at all. He was probably annoyed at both his and the teams performace, which i would expect from all players.

Its pretty clear he has been told its a back 4, and its Collins and Kilman from now on. In a world cup year when it is, whats he supposed to do? Just give up his England spot because Wolves want to go in a different direction? Its the right time for him to move on, simple as that really.
If he’s been categorically told he will not get in the first XI then I completely agree, though I’d be surprised if he has

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also - why on earth would you be moved to insult people who take a different view of the actions of a football player at the club they support?

Unless you’re related to him that’s a huge leap..!

I have an issue with people who feel the need to be overly critical of a good servant to the club because he wants to play. So i'll say what i like.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah mate then we’ll just be effing and blinding at eachother all day!

Though just seen you’re in Oz, have had a few run ins with Ozzies over the years so I know you can be more blunt than others ;)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You’re probably right with the last bit.

However his comments are a tad disrespectful. Going on about how desperate you are to move. The wife posting about having a smile back on his face. Not a great look.

Plus, it seems as though Wolves have actually bent over backwards to allow this to happen for him by agreeing to a loan.

There wasn’t this much of a reaction when Doherty left and he virtually did as much for us as Coady.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re probably right with the last bit.

However his comments are a tad disrespectful. Going on about how desperate you are to move. The wife posting about having a smile back on his face. Not a great look.

Plus, it seems as though Wolves have actually bent over backwards to allow this to happen for him by agreeing to a loan.

There wasn’t this much of a reaction when Doherty left and he virtually did as much for us as Coady.
I think Doc copped a fair bit on here anyway as well from some. But him leaving will never have the same impact as Coady because while he did well for us, he didnt have the same impact across the club Conor has.

His wife's attitude has been a bit off imo, but i dont see what the problem is with Conor. If the world cup wasnt when it is, i dont think you would have seen him so keen to get a move sorted and get playing. I dont know what people expect from him. Should he be happy and smiling when not only his Wolves place has gone, but it put his England squad place in jeopardy as well? People are reading way too much into things like Shi saying he had a desire to play football elsewhere. He just wants to play first team football. I dont see anything wrong with that. Where am i missing where he is saying he was desperate to move from Wolves? I genuinely havent seen that.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to see Conor go. He really has been 'Mr Wolves' over our time in the Prem and never let the club down. Clearly, time moves on and Bruno needs to create 'his' team and the way he wants to play.
Hope he does well at Everton (but not too well against us). Wouldn't be surprised if he's back at Wolves, either after his loan spell and Everton don't trigger the permanent signing or in a coaching/ambassadorial role when he hangs his boots up.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now now don’t get narky.

I am making a point regarding the merit of your rationale. It can be meritorious to assess the process behind a decision irrespective of outcome in certain circumstances or to a point.

But some decisions are obviously stupid, irrespective of the underlying decision making process, yes. For example (I will use hyperbole) if I decided to jump off a 50 storey building and land on one leg it would be a stupid decision no matter the thought process behind it.

And if Jeff decided to link transfer activity to, say, auspicious dates in the Chinese calendar that wou… oh wait
Narky? …….gimme a break, at best,( or worst), it was mild sarcasm.

And this part of your reply is a beauty. ……
”But some decisions are obviously stupid, irrespective of the underlying decision making process”.
“Irrespective”? ……..really? …..”irrespective of the blah blah etc…..

Naw…..ain’t buying that.

Back
Top Bottom