Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Everton don’t take the option then he comes back a year older and worth less as other clubs know he has no place here. I’d have rather have got the cash in in a straight sale.
Well too bad if you wanted the cash.
The guys Guo put in charge made a decision to help Coady after all his service.

Besides, none of us know any of the details in the contract, do we?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ that video montage got me right in the feels

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...but when push came to shove, he couldn't get out fast enough.
That may not be true. We don‘t know how long this has been in the works, how long he and his wife discussed this considering they have young kids. Could have been a few weeks or months.
You make it sound like he ran out the door without any emotional attachment to Wolves.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Moronic decision by the club. They learnt nothing from Traore. I get that Coady deserves the chance to play football and earn a spot in the WC squad. But why oh why would we not make it a straight sale or a commitment to buy so we can, you know, reinvest the money. Boneheaded.

NordicWolf

Reaction score
Great guy and a great captain.
Would be interesting to know more details about this loan deal as I’m pretty sure the club dont want another Adama situation.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That may not be true. We don‘t know how long this has been in the works, how long he and his wife discussed this considering they have young kids. Could have been a few weeks or months.
You make it sound like he ran out the door without any emotional attachment to Wolves.
"It's important I tried me best to get this over the line, and listen, I have done. It's something, like I said, from the very first phone call I had, from the very first bit of interest I had, it was something that I wanted to get done as fast as possible" - Coady.

Also confirmed it was done quickly.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"It's important I tried me best to get this over the line, and listen, I have done. It's something, like I said, from the very first phone call I had, from the very first bit of interest I had, it was something that I wanted to get done as fast as possible" - Coady.
I didn’t know that. I stand corrected.
Thx for this.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moronic decision by the club. They learnt nothing from Traore. I get that Coady deserves the chance to play football and earn a spot in the WC squad. But why oh why would we not make it a straight sale or a commitment to buy so we can, you know, reinvest the money. Boneheaded.
Answer your own question. “ why would we not make it a straight sale or a commitment to buy”
They did this for a reason.

They’re not morons or boneheaded regardless of what many believe on here.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone complaining about it being a loan with an option - I presume you've seen the detail of the contract, to know exactly how big a loan fee we're getting?
Generally agree with and love your posts Flump, but didn’t we let Adama go for no loan fee just 6 months back?

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Answer your own question. “ why would we not make it a straight sale or a commitment to buy”

Enlighten me please. What am I missing?

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A converted midfielder not suited to a back four.

Not guaranteed game time ahead of World Cup and likely his only chance to make one.

Hometown club comes calling offering him a place in a back 3 ahead of World Cup.

Wolves happy to reward his service with a low fee simple deal to get him the move he wanted.

Wolves fans bash the club.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is I get he wanted to go (which makes me lose a lot of respect as why not fight for your place - it’s been one game!!) and that nobody was offering big bucks.

But why not say ‘ok fine he’s staying’ and hold your nerve til the last minute of the window when Everton are panicking? Worst case he stays as back up. If he downtools let him go on loan anyway - isn’t the loan window open longer (May be wrong).

They are a rival who we have potentially helped climb a place or two - at least make them bend over for it!

For me this is poor outgoing business - and if MGW doesn’t sign a new contract not keeping him go for 35 mill is poor business too.

That said, if they are paying a 5/6 mill loan fee and his wages, that just about justifies it as he has time to run on his contract and could help fund further business.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Vancouver do you think that senior executives by virtue of their position are incapable of being ‘morons or boneheads’?

As I’ve seen many. And arguably am one myself.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something doesn't feel right about this. It really doesn't. I am upset and very concerned. I think there is a bigger picture at play here.
Something seems off. Loaning out the club captain two days and one game into the season to a potential rival (though I don't think they will be) for possibly nothing is anything but normal

It's either a huge gesture of thanks by the board or there's something underneath. Its all happened very quickly

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His Mrs put on her Instagram "it's been a tough couple of weeks" so obvs been on the cards for abit.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Generally agree with and love your posts Flump, but didn’t we let Adama go for no loan fee just 6 months back?

Well thank you!

I haven't seen anything to suggest there was no fee for adama, only that the fee and wages would be paid in the summer (i.e. just now) rather than last January.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My everton mates are loving this. They can't understand why we've got them no out of a hole, for nothing, with our club captain. Why would we do that, they ask. And I have no answers.
I'd have said... Everton have no strikers, now, to get the most out of Coady, you'll be playing with three centrebacks, yeah you wont concede as many goals as you did last season and considering the season you had that's a massive positive.
But with no strikers, coady and two other CB's you can kiss goodbye any goal threat, 30x 0-0's and nick a few wins and your good.
Everyone who supports wolves absolutely loves Coady, but he was one of the main limiting factors going forward.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness to the person you have replied to he says that he pushed it through and made it happen as quickly as He could. He said the moment he heard of the interest and then the first phone call he wanted it, doesn’t sound like he took anytime at all to think it through.

His exact words “It was something I wanted to get done as fast possible and I am so happy I managed to do that.”

From the team captain of the last few years and a big part of our dressing room that interview is crammed full of tone deaf comments and statements like to ones he makes in the first few minutes as it shows he had no loyalty and fight in him to prove lage wrong. He has just told the lads, he couldn’t wait to bail and did as soon as someone flashed him a smile across the room.

So We know how exactly long it took, one phone call and he was gone. He clearly says this, there is no misunderstanding or misquoting needed. So you suggesting weeks and months is shot to pieces in the intro……

So yes he willingly and very quickly ran out the door and from the joy on his face telling this story he didn’t give the club, his team mates or the fans a second thought on the way out

Did you not watch the interview? If not please do.

As you make counter arguments to defend him that he smashes to bits with his own mouth…….. inside 40 seconds he negates EVERYTHING you said to the other poster and then kept going on about how he forced it through quickly hahahahahahaha

He is a professional sportsman, nothing else -and he has moved to a better opportunity at the drop of a hat….. just like I said he would in my post earlier today. Not mad at him, it is life , part and parcel in mercenary professional footy.

Why is anyone suprised or trying to defend it? It is what sportsmen do, loyalty in football now from players is dying out, it’s ok as that is just how it is now this money sets them and their children up for lives if they get to a good level. You can’t get mad at him, we all change jobs for opportunity he is no different as football is his job and a better place of employment for his needs came up.

But that interview has irked me that we just capitulated and gave him a loan with no obligation and such a low fee if rumours are to be believed.

Anyway the Deed is done, so let’s focus on those who actually want to be here….. because he very very clearly didn’t.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His Mrs put on her Instagram "it's been a tough couple of weeks" so obvs been on the cards for abit.
So is he calling or making her a liar with his interview then?

because he told a very different story and chain of events for this move taking place.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I strictly view this from a football perspective I think it's a great call (to get rid, not to loan).

Keeping him at the club would cause discussion that we don't need when things go wrong. Look at Villa, they lost one game and Tyrone Mings was trending on Twitter after, Gerrard is having to answer questions about him straight away and is already giving some unconvincing responses. Make no mistake, if they lose again this weekend the talk will continue and it snowballs. It's a distraction you don't need.

Then we have how Coady is. I will say he's a brilliant person generally but there's enough to suggest now he's like most other footballers in other aspects. Hogan has said he heard he was upset on the coach on the way back and Coady has admitted he pushed for the move.

How would he be in training every day? I don't for one second think he'd kick up a fuss or anything but the dynamics can change, it can be uncomfortable. Going back to Mings, Gerrard already said he's been quieter than usual after losing the captaincy, which Coady would have effectively done by not playing even if we didn't announce it like Villa did. That can be weird for the dressing room.

As a football team, in my opinion, we have undoubtedly been the worst team to watch based on the quality we have compared to anyone in the league. So we had to change formation and nobody could watch Coady in a back four and think he's the answer. As we've seen, he was getting battered by division two and three players in pre-season.

Coady was key to giving us three great years (promotion & the next two), and, as mentioned, comes across as a great person, so I understand the love for him but this is the right call.

Again this is just for the people who don't get it from a football perspective. I will not argue that loaning him seems totally stupid. He should've been sold but he needed to go.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, that comment just narked me a bit. Was he really that unhappy with us, and did she really need to write that?
He hasn't come across well at all with his comments tonight.

Hoping it's just because he's trying to lay it on thick with the Everton fans as they know he's Liverpool.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He hasn't come across well at all with his comments tonight.

Hoping it's just because he's trying to lay it on thick with the Everton fans as they know he's Liverpool.
He probably just wants to arrive with lots of positivity and show Everton his previous Liverpool allegiance isn’t going to mean anything..

I am sure he would have been prepared by a PR team beforehand

SingleMalt

Reaction score
Yeah, that comment just narked me a bit. Was he really that unhappy with us, and did she really need to write that?
He knew he was out of favour here and was not going to play much. The writings been on the wall for quite a while and his place in the England squad is probably in the balance. Why would he be happy with that? I know I wouldn’t be.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably just wants to arrive with lots of positivity and show Everton his previous Liverpool allegiance isn’t going to mean anything..

I am sure he would have been prepared by a PR team beforehand
I completely agree mate, but not the brightest thing to do when there is actually a chance he could end up back here if he gets injured or they decide to splash the cash on a better defender because he doesn’t perform…….

He has had more than a bit of a mare here with that interview

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vancouver do you think that senior executives by virtue of their position are incapable of being ‘morons or boneheads’?

As I’ve seen many. And arguably am one myself.
No I don’t.……nobody’s infallible. Senior executives can make moronic decisions but unless I’m aware of how and why they made those decisions, then I‘d never know if they were moronic decisions.

BTW, I always presume I only know about .0034% of what goes on at Compton.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know, it got me a bit too and makes his Facebook post to thank the fans a bit hollow especially when coupled with his interview showing he couldn’t wait to get out of dodge…… and pushed to make it happen.

I will say, I do admire his honesty in being so open…. Don’t like what he has said one bit, but at least he has given us a peak into the transient nature of players.

I honestly don’t think for one second Ruben does or says anything half as stupid as conor when he eventually leaves us as Ruben is truly a classy operator.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Coady is club captain, if the club captain is not starting every week he can't stay around especially when it could cost him his World Cup place. The dynamic wouldn't work.

I think a loan is annoying as if those morons get relegated we'd have the same dance next season.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe so mate, I just think it should've cost Everton a little more than a bag of scratchings and half a mild!
Hey ho, we move on!
How about the millions of pounds in wages and fees. This has saved Wolves millions in the wages of a player that realistically wasn’t going to play. Nobody was interested in a straight purchase.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I don’t.……nobody’s infallible. Senior executives can make moronic decisions but unless I’m aware of how and why they made those decisions, then I‘d never know if they were moronic decisions.

BTW, I always presume I only know about .0034% of what goes on at Compton.

So essentially you won’t judge a decision based on the outcome but the process behind it.

I see the logic in this to a point, but there are decisions which are obviously stupid and when borne out, should be called out as such.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Who gives a toss what he says in an interview. Obviously he's going to massively big it up for their fans and he's probably happy he'll be starting again.

Stuff like this is so odd to fixate on

Back
Top Bottom