Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happens if we loose the next 2/3 games and need to revert back to the back 3. Or has Bruno said come what May he is sticking with 4 no matter what.

Massive change, bigger than a manger change as these players have been so drilled to having 3 at the back.

Fulham is going to be big game, Mitro loved to bully Coady, so big test for the back 4.
Doubt he'll bully Collins

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno most likely didn't want an unhappy Coady in the dressing room, and Everton are most likely paying a decent loan fee upfront, together with the option. I fancy that he'll do well there in a back three again next to Tarkowski and Mina, and keep them up.

There wasn't much point keeping him here when we are fully committing to the back four now.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you want to see him in a 4 this season ?
I have too much respect for the man to watch him attempt that

What has respect got to do with it? We should have been selling him not loaning him. He is our captain and an England international and we have just given him to another club for the season. It is laughable.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno most likely didn't want an unhappy Coady in the dressing room, and Everton are most likely paying a decent loan fee upfront, together with the option. I fancy that he'll do well there in a back three again next to Tarkowski and Mina, and keep them up.

There wasn't much point keeping him here when we are fully committing to the back four now.
Exactly. What is this league without Everton in it?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to the club? Why?

This is supposed to be a business not a charity ffs.

The squad has been managed with a family like ethos since Fosun took over, even predating Nuno to a degree. Players who buy into it are treated with respect, even to the point of allowing them to continue their careers away from Wolves. Sure the club wants this to be to the clubs financial benefit too, but with someone like Coady, with his role in the squad, the priority is his career. It’s not a charity, it’s a culture within the club and likely a strategy to get the most from a small group of players.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cracking deal. Another masterstroke to show we are meaning business. Not good enough? We won't even demand a fee, we will loan your **** out.

Shi and Sellars absolutely donning proceedings.
29 and in the England squad. You couldn't make it up. Maybe the two S's should apply on behalf of the club for charitable status.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really.
I bet Collins is a better defender in a 5
Whatever we think.. it’s clear Bruno agreed, or this would never have happened.

We have to trust our managers judgement for now on this one.. I hope, and personally think, he will be proven right with time.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, Valencia have announced it. Romano just likes to waffle and make generic ststements to make him look itk. Just waiting for the announcement on our end.

Wonder if it's because we're waiting out of respect to the guy that past away or if we're sorting out a double signing. Money I. The first.

We know it's do anyway

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My head's all over the shop with the Coady deal:

- Understand it's good for Coady himself if Lage has indicated a change in formation is the new norm and playing time will be limited
- Understand his desire to play in the WC and needing that regular playing time somewhere
- Understand the board looking out for a players personal ambitions and goals given what he's done for the club and how long he's been here

- Don't understand the option to buy. Surely needs to be a sale or obligation if Everton in the **** defensively and would mean a better deal for Wolves (which is what I ultimately care about)
- Don't understand loaning him to a rival (although I guess options are limited for Coady to keep himself in shop window for WC selection)
Just wait til we have no choice but to revert to a 5 against the top 6.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t justify the loan with option deal at all but do feel that he probably had to go as I strongly suspect his presence was holding us back from the planned new system - have to wonder if he was behind the dressing room pressure that persuaded Bruno to revert to a back three last season? Whatever- I havent got it in my heart to begrudge him the move - he’s sort of going home and always was way too good a bloke to play for Liverpool so guess Everton next best thing for him.
Also as on loan presumably will not play against us this season- which is kinda nice!

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really.
I bet Collins is a better defender in a 5

We could still use a back 5 without Coady. We just need for a few of our other players to step up as leaders.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What has respect got to do with it? We should have been selling him not loaning him. He is our captain and an England international and we have just given him to another club for the season. It is laughable.
Totally agree. Everton were desperate and we could have got 15 million.

Back
Top Bottom