Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have accepted 5-7m for MGW back at the start of the window. In my opinion, based on what has achieved, that’s broadly what he was worth.

When I first saw figures of 20m being bandied about, I couldn’t get my head around it. Then 25, 30, now 40.

I’m sorry but if true this is the most ridiculous transfer in football history. We have no choice but to accept.

Would have loved to see him succeed here, don’t get me wrong, but this is pretty much Neves territory. Can’t be true.
It's not £40m, it's a *******s account falsely referencing Telegraph Sport

TWOLF

Reaction score
£40m for MGW if we don’t take that we need shooting. We can’t get that sort of offer in for Neves!!!

Thought on Coady’s loan with an option/obligation. This might benefit us. I see no reason we couldn’t insert a clause where we get to cancel the loan during or at the end if we decide to revert back to a 5 at the back. Might be smart by the club

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it helps Coady get a chance in the World Cup then I’m all for it. And if that’s prevalent in Jeff’s mind too, then fair play to Wolives to help that along.
Sorry, but we shouldn’t be weakening ourselves and the squad further and strengthen a rival and not be able
To have the that money in the coffers today to strengthen in our “sell to buy” policy as allegedly we don’t have money.

If the club are going to let him go on loan out of sentimentality and can wait for the cash till next season, then they have shown that they didn’t care about us loyal local fans and act on sentimentality for us people who give our support and passion to this club week in and week out to make us pay more each week and on season tickets to be competitive.

Sorry but if he is going he needs to be sold and not a loan!

I am sorry but he didn’t see a second of pitch time at the euros and won’t if he gets to the World Cup so to do a loan and have to wait for the funds when we have to sell to buy something that by all accounts is affecting our transfer business for him to be essentially a cheerleader is very galling and a slap in the face to those priced out after decades of loyal attendance for a few quid they must have now that is nothing compared to the delayed money.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With both MGW and Coady potentially leaving... How are we doing on the home grown quota?
As it would stand (I think!) Homegrown in bold

Sa
Sarkic

Collins
Kilman

Boly
Gomes

Semedo
Jonny

Neves
Moutinho
Dendoncker
Ronan

Neto
Jimenez
Podence
Hwang
Traore
Guedes

Not sure if I've missed anyone out (barring Chiquinho who's obviously injured), everyone else is U21 I think. So that'd be 14 players that aren't homegrown. We're allowed 17, so no problem this season, next season though when Ait-Nouri and Mosquera have turned 22 we'll need to pay more attention to it

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a fan of MGW….. But my god take the 40 and run! Forest are going to be in deep **** if they go down this season.

Yep, really wanted him to stay. But if Forest are prepared to pay silly money, then surely we can find an equivalent for less?

Now wondering if all this is going to unsettle him. The twist is, if he saw Forest yesterday, he will surely have doubts? If I was him, I'd want to see how their next 2 matches pan out. It's not unknown for a team to start appalling, then get it together. But then it's more likely that a team starts appalling and is effectively down by Xmas. (and Forest looked far worse than the Sheff U team that had one of the worst starts ever).

Could MGW have saved them yesterday? No way. But if they think so, make them pay.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
Most Wolves fans I know have been saying Coady needs to move on if we are going to progress for ages, same as with Doherty, and it isn't just me that's mentioned it on this thread either
It's not what you said but how you said it. Complete disrespect for one of the greatest Wolves servants in recent years. Shameful.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a straight-up obligation then. Obligation based on appearances and Everton staying up.
So watch them bench him before the game number hits if they are safe…….

Many teams have done similar things to avoid clauses in contracts and sale agreements, this isn’t clever baring in mind how much they got from the Richarlison deal and if they are desperate due to injuries **** them!! Make them pay, no one else would do this for us!!

We seem to like to strengthen others and weaken ourselves the last two seasons on loan deals that suit the player and their new home more than ourselves….. what are they playing at?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not what you said but how you said it. Complete disrespect for one of the greatest Wolves servants in recent years. Shameful.
One of Wolves' greatest servants?! Said nobody when he was plodding flat-footed through Lambert's midfield.

Not sorry that people don't like what I have to say. Grow a pair he's a footballer FFS, they come, they play well sometimes, **** sometimes, when we outgrow them they move on and get a big payday for it. Tra love

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about these out goings.

Yes Guedes , bataschyi, Nunes come in great but I reckon it will be a few kids from the creche and guedes.

To fill a void of Jimenez, MGW abd Coady

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am really excited about Guedes coming in- he is exactly what we need, a level up on our current players and I think Lage will play him as the second striker alongside the main number 9.

I also think it re-establishes the Gestifute relationship too and with that, agree with the posters that have mentioned Andre Silva and Nico Gonzalez. Those two look like they could be perfect loan-to-buy options for us this year. Nico in particular could be our Busquets and Andre Silva ahead of Neto-Guedes-Podence is a tantalising prospect.

If it takes selling Coady and MGW to make that happen? So be it.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you think we are going to line up assuming Guedes comes in and everyone is fit (assuming Coady leaves)

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, RAN
Neves, Moutinho
MGW
Neto, Guedes, Adama

Or

Sa
Neves, Moutinho
Podence
Neto, Guedes, MGW

Or

Sa
Neves, Moutinho, Donk
Neto, Jiminez, Guedes

It starts to feel a whole lot better already and I suspect we may see a couple of other surprises.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you think we are going to line up assuming Guedes comes in and everyone is fit (assuming Coady leaves)

Sa
Neves, Moutinho
MGW
Neto, Guedes, Adama

Or

Sa
Neves, Moutinho
Podence
Neto, Guedes, MGW

Or

Sa
Neves, Moutinho, Donk
Neto, Jiminez, Guedes

It starts to feel a whole lot better already and I suspect we may see a couple of other surprises.
At a guess..

Sa
Neves, Moutinho
MGW
Neto, Jiminez, Guedes

…Against poorer opposition

Sa
Neves, Moutinho, Donk (in backline)
Neto, Jiminez, Guedes

.. Against better opposition

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yes do see it as mgw and podence vying for a position with guides and neto starting. future hopes is chiquinho and traore gone next year.

just need a cm and I'd actually be happy with the window of Collins guedes and a cm

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Nunes ain’t coming here, why people keep thinking that I’ve no idea
Yep, appears to be holding out for one of the big boys. A lot of chatter suggesting Liverpool, although after today Man Utd could do a lot worse but his desire to play Champions League footy may be a deal breaker even for them. Probably end up staying at Sporting for another season then leaving for Liverpool or City.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We want two more signings (post Guedes) with Nico Gonzalez and Goncalo Ramos 'top of the wishlist' - according to an actual, proven ITK on the other forum.

I'd imagine both would be loan to buy deals?

This would leave us looking something like;

........................Sa
Jonny..Collins..Kilman..RAN
...............Neves..Nico
MGW........Guedes......Neto
......................Raul

With a bench made up of Sarkic, Semedo, Boly, Gomes, Mosquera, Moutinho, Donk, Podence, Hwang, Ramos

If MGW goes I guess Podence or Ramos would come in. But that looks ok?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We want two more signings (post Guedes) with Nico Gonzalez and Goncalo Ramos 'top of the wishlist' - according to an actual, proven ITK on the other forum.

With a bench made up of Sarkic, Semedo, Boly, Gomes, Mosquera, Moutinho, Donk, Podence, Hwang, Ramos

Can't see us getting Ramos or Silva and not playing them over Raul. Think we'll sell MGW too. But if he stays I agree with him on the right and Guedes down the middle. It's how Lage used Pizzi and Joao Felix

Agent Cooper

Reaction score

Looks good to me. The muted 1 or 2 young hot prospects from South America appear to have dropped of the wishlist then? After the Marquinhos and Fernandez experiences I wouldn't be at all surprised. Probably been given the usual run around by multiple agents claiming to represent the players and it has proved to be too much of a ball-ache.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Ramos, Nunes and Gonzales haven't arrived by now they are not coming. They must surely be in the category of Wolves enquired but they are not interested, hence why we've moved onto other targets such as Guedes.

My only logic behind this, is why didn't we get Guedes at the start of the window if he was a priority target?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a fantastic starting 11, id even consider a 4-4-2 with Raul and Guedes/Ramos up front with Neto and Podence/Adama on the wing.

I notice that Bats isn’t on the bench. Is that not confirmed anymore?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Ramos, Nunes and Gonzales haven't arrived by now they are not coming. They must surely be in the category of Wolves enquired but they are not interested, hence why we've moved onto other targets such as Guedes.

My only logic behind this, is why didn't we get Guedes at the start of the window if he was a priority target?
Gonzales may need to come to allow Barca to register their new signings.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
This is a fantastic starting 11, id even consider a 4-4-2 with Raul and Guedes/Ramos up front with Neto and Podence/Adama on the wing.

I notice that Bats isn’t on the bench. Is that not confirmed anymore?
Some posters were claiming a done deal but no reliable journalist has put their name to it. We are progressing deals concurrently so the Batshuayi one may have fallen by the way side after securing Guedes, who can also fill in as a forward through the middle.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonzales may need to come to allow Barca to register their new signings.

They will find a way around it, would like to see Gonzales come, but at the moment he wants to stay at Barcelona.

Plus he was subbed on for them yesterday, instead of Pjanic whose supposed to be ahead of him..

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I’d imagine he was waiting to see if any champs league teams came in for him.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The guy who gave that info is legit.

Think that explains Forest also tracking Ramos as a way to unsettle us during the MGW negotiation.

Back
Top Bottom