Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the money it will cost, does he improve the starting 11 when everybody is fit? Does he even get in ahead of Podence, Neto, Raul and MGW?

Genuine question and not a negative post as I have no idea.
Id say if everyone is fit and we sign Guedes it'sRaul, Neto and Guedes. In fact with Raul out I'd expect Guedes to replace Hwang from yesterday..

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the money it will cost, does he improve the starting 11 when everybody is fit? Does he even get in ahead of Podence, Neto, Raul and MGW?

It’s all about options though Ned, we can’t go through the season with no decent forwards on the bench and there’s nothing wrong with a bit of healthy rotation to keep them all happy.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Imo, yes he would become one of the first names on the team sheet.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the rumour about Neto to Arsenal to pay for him I'd rather keep Neto. MGW sold to pay for him wouldn't bother me but somebody is going out I just hope it isn't Neto.
Depends on the fee for Neto, not that I think it likely he moves in this window. Fosun would want somewhere around £70m for him surely. For that money we could bring in three first team ready players including Guedes.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds a good signing but if we're spending that kind or money we have to sort midfield out.

Don't think it means mgw or neto are leaving unless a crazy offer for neto, but coady must be on his way for decent money.

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wheres this Neto to arsenal rmour come from?
Would be a disaster to lose him
Probably from some random on Twitter, if at all, but of course for some on here that’s as good as written on stone if it fits their preconceived agenda.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Along with Neto, they must start if fit

Reactions: Ned

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably from some random on Twitter, if at all, but of course for some on here that’s as good as written on stone if it fits their preconceived agenda.

Since Guedes is a very similar player to Neto and Jota (just compare their stats), it’s hardly surprising that it’s been suggested by some of our fans, by Arsenal fans, and by press like Sky and the Express. More likely given the timing, is that he’s coming in to replace MGW. As similar attacking players, Guedes (right footed like MGW) and Neto (left footed) would provide balance across the front, much as Collins and Kilman are similar players either side at the back.

Guedes has been linked with us for a long time, and it may be that his move was waiting on the sale of a forward. Likely was planned to be Traore, but his move to Barca fell through. Now that Forest are close to our valuation, then it looks like it will be him instead.

Last edited:

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see anyone buying Neto until he's proved his fitness and form over an extended period. He was out for the best part of a season, and he's only just beginning to look like his old self.

Yes, a 5 year contract doesn't guarantee he won't be sold, but it does allow the club to ask for silly money. And combined with the above, it means that there seems little logic to anyone buying Neto.

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Since Guedes is a very similar player to Neto and Jota (just compare their stats), it’s hardly surprising that it’s been suggested by some of our fans, by Arsenal fans, and by press like the Express. More likely given the timing, is that he’s coming in to replace MGW. As similar attacking players, Guedes (right footed like MGW) and Neto (left footed) would provide balance across the front, much as Collins and Kilman are similar players either side at the back.

Guedes has been linked with us for a long time, and it may be that his move was waiting on the sale of a forward. Likely was planned to be Traore, but his move to Barca fell through. Now that Forest are close to our valuation, then it looks like it will be him instead.
Lol it’s thought it would free up space if Neto went ( like we need to free up space!!) and Arsenal are understood to have a long term interest. Just the usual unfounded speculative lazy journalism then.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Podence did exactly the same and lost the ball even more. But as he scored the goal people don't seem to think about that
For the most parts when Podence had the ball he held it, got his his head up and moved it on. Sometimes he tried the intricate pass to split the defence, and those don't always come off. He scored, he got himself into a position to score a second and produced a save from the keepers feet.

Gibbs-White, for the most part around 30 yards out with no defender on him did some stupid ****ing flick that went to their player. One of those flicks worked once, he played one decent pass forward and ballooned a header over.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol it’s thought it would free up space if Neto went ( like we need to free up space!!) and Arsenal are understood to have a long term interest. Just the usual unfounded speculative lazy journalism then.

Perhaps, but understandable. I thought the same last night until I did a bit more research on Guedes and his stats/style. Now I see the potential symmetry with Neto, similar to Collins and Kilman at the back, I’ve changed my mind. The fact rumours are that Mendes worked this over the last few days suggests it’s linked to progress on Morgan leaving, but that’s just putting 2+2. Would prefer to keep Morgan and have the forwards competing for spots.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

For the most parts when Podence had the ball he held it, got his his head up and moved it on. Sometimes he tried the intricate pass to split the defence, and those don't always come off. He scored, he got himself into a position to score a second and produced a save from the keepers feet.

Gibbs-White, for the most part around 30 yards out with no defender on him did some stupid ****ing flick that went to their player. One of those flicks worked once, he played one decent pass forward and ballooned a header over.
MGW yesterday
Passes 52
73%
Progressive 5

Podence
Passes 43
69%
Progressive 3

MGW also made 6 progressive dribbles vs 1 for Podence.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still not getting the Belotti love in. He isnt the same player he was when we played them. He's had problems with one of his Knee's and he isnt particularly mobile these days. If we could get the version from 3 years ago i'd be all in on it. At the moment i see a player in decline physically.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can score, 7 for Portugal , 23 for Valencia.
He should bring at least another 8 goals to the team. More if he is used centrally.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still not getting the Belotti love in. He isnt the same player he was when we played them. He's had problems with one of his Knee's and he isnt particularly mobile these days. If we could get the version from 3 years ago i'd be all in on it. At the moment i see a player in decline physically.
This.

Surely Raul, Neto, Guedes, Podence, Hwang and either ADAMA, Batshuayi or MGW give us enough permutations?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He is about a 1 in 4 career goalscorer roughly ignoring his time at PSG where he didn't really get a chance. Not a striker, but as long as we get Batman in (love how we are all typing that so we don't **** up his name) as well should give us enough attacking options with MGW gone.

Just need a CM then

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This.

Surely Raul, Neto, Guedes, Podence, Hwang and either ADAMA, Batshuayi or MGW give us enough permutations?
It looks good until you look at their ability to score and be clinical.
Then its Raul ,Guedes and maybe Batshuayi - two of which are not yet Wolves players .

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a quality player and unlike our other wide options has a proven scoring record , brilliant signing if we can get it over the line.

Back
Top Bottom