Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Farense

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Hwang complaining of being racially abused during the penalty take, by the fans behind the goal?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say it's virtually certain he was bought for non football reasons it's what we should expect from this bunch.

If only those bought for "footballing reasons " could score in a brothel, perhaps we would never have even looked at him? Or just bought him and kept him on the bench while making money off his modelling or K-Pop career, whichever it is.

Is Hwang a Mendez client, by any chance? That would explain it more than the marketing opportunities.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say it's virtually certain he was bought for non football reasons it's what we should expect from this bunch.

I'd think the same, but I believe Spiers once wrote that our recruitment team had followed him for a long time, and that they wanted to sign him once, but Nuno said no.
One thing I noticed today by the way is, that his Instagram following is only 250K. Neves has twice that, and Raul has 2,5 million followers! If signed for commercial reasons, I'd presumed his following was bigger. I know our South Korean Youtube channel has seen a lot of growth, but still..
But in the end I think it was a bit of both. I do think our recruitment team rates him, but of course the commercial opportunities probably helped too..

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only those bought for "footballing reasons " could score in a brothel, perhaps we would never have even looked at him? Or just bought him and kept him on the bench while making money off his modelling or K-Pop career, whichever it is.

Is Hwang a Mendez client, by any chance? That would explain it more than the marketing opportunities.
He is represented by his dad and other relatives he isn't a Mendes client, I doubt Mendes would want him as poor players won't be a smart business move.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno looks good. He seems at a level where he's too good for Under 23's. Yet probably not up to Premier League standard yet. Championship level loan for a season? Especially as we are OK for wing back/full back at the moment.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet loads on here were hoping he'd miss to put another nail in his coffin.
I'm as critical of him as anyone, I think he's dire, but I wanted him to score. 1) He's a Wolves player and 2) You wouldn't wish that pain of missing on a player who tries hard. It's just, we desperately need and deserve better

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I just said - who did we reject for him? Nobody. He's all we could get and looked good to start with. We've had a fair few who have never looked any good at any point.

I dont think he looked good at first. I do however think he looked a lot better than now.
I find it interesting that his good spells has come in periods. Two good seasons at Salzburg, and two mediocre seasons.
Suggest that confidence could be an issue, or that he'd shine in the right system...

As for him being all we could get. I dont buy that. He cost 11,9 million. Even if that couldnt get us another player, it could go a long way in paying for another player.
Also I'm a bit puzzled as to how we planned to use him. He cant really play up front on his own, and he's definetely not a winger.

Anyway, still hopes he comes good and now that he's here, we certanly need to back him.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm as critical of him as anyone, I think he's dire, but I wanted him to score. 1) He's a Wolves player and 2) You wouldn't wish that pain of missing on a player who tries hard. It's just, we desperately need and deserve better
He's off now thankfully. Reckon we will look better without him.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's virtually no commercial money around hwang. Not sure why people persist with this myth.

He was a fair price, decent age, some success with us and in the past, and lage has consistently picked him as a starter.

I don't understand pulling the trigger when his form had waned and he was injured given we could wait but he did actually score last year which is more than silva, and he gets in the right places.

I still think he's rubbish but he wasn't bought for commercial reasons because there aren't any. Can't rule out backroom favours but no evidence of it.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I wouldn’t think so. One day in a match thread some geezer insinuated as much and it’s become gospel ever since. People of a certain inclination then continue to push that narrative to justify their stance.

Here is the comment i’m referring to...
Because Bruno does not make the call on subs. You all might think it strange. I have good inside info on this. I’ll say no more

Needless to say, He never said more.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You never saw Dick Leflem
Yes I did!

Signed him as a winger in the early 60’s from Notts Forest in a swap with Alan Hinton. Hinton was great for Forest and Derby wasn’t he!

I think we also had abother winger named Chris Crowe as well at the same time.

I was about 12 at the time and just starting the support of my beloved home town team.

Does anyone remember Mark Lazarus?

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only just tuned in. Been entertained by the ladies.
Not a goal fest then?
Have I missed much?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I did!

Signed him as a winger in the early 60’s from Notts Forest in a swap with Alan Hinton. Hinton was great for Forest and Derby wasn’t he!

I was about 12 at the time and just starting the support of my beloved home town team.

Yes, and Harry Hooper.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I did!

Remember them all

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Questions need to be asked of Coady here.

He played in a back four at times for us in the past and whilst you thought he could be susceptible, he sometimes did well - Albion away sticks out.

In these pre-season games he has been awful. Is he not fully with it?

He's playing against poor teams here (not just tonight) and is not doing enough. I'm not saying he's sulking because he's not the type but I'm just wondering if his head is elsewhere.
he's been poor he's not progressive enough and the game slipping him by looks slow on the ball and off it, he can't step play out like kill man and Collins and without a man running in behind long passing hasn't look great

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
COVID has killed Boly as a footballer, was a monster before then. Now he's slow and off the pace.

As for Coady, would be ideal to keep around for the transition to a new playing style but surely we can't possibly turn down £20-25million for example if Newcastle are still interested. We need the cash.

And Hwang.......a woeful signing in every sense, purely brought in for non-footballing reasons.
Boly isn't the only player to suffer from Covid as Hwang missed part of the season with it when he was at Leipzig.

Back
Top Bottom