Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Arío #Osorio, is courted by many European clubs: Sassuolo and Udinese like him, is on Manchester City's radar. Real Madrid was informed. And in recent days, after a survey of Brighton and Seville, Wolverhampton try to get ahead of everyone.

(Via:
@CorSport
)

This appears to back up what @Cornwall Wolf has said about agents messing around… it’s pushing the hand to say other clubs are interested to get the deal done. Could be very close… similar to the Enzo deal with Benfica

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint pitchfork and hang them high brigade .. not hiding ..
I do not know anything
just post what I hear from former colleagues who are agents and coaches.. some are right some come to nothing
All I know is an agent advised 2/3 possible this week 1 european and 2 young South Americans
2 young South Americans believe one is Dario .. both have deals agreed but since then agents are holding up completion over fees and part ownerships .. but he believes they will be done
1 deal was near completion a European do not know a name or nationality.. could have said it was Collins as he is European .. Eire is in European Union.. but did not know nothing about him
Stopped posting once over flack received but was asked by a lot on the mix to post what I hear
I will continue to post if you do not like it Block me .. easily done
In defence over Lobo and StLuke they have never said ITK just post whats told them
Good post, Cornwall, never forget the vast majority on here seem to appreciate your posts.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I do not know anything
just post what I hear from former colleagues who are agents and coaches.. some are right some come to nothing
All I know is an agent advised 2/3 possible this week 1 european and 2 young South Americans
2 young South Americans believe one is Dario .. both have deals agreed but since then agents are holding up completion over fees and part ownerships .. but he believes they will be done
1 deal was near completion a European do not know a name or nationality.. could have said it was Collins as he is European .. Eire is in European Union.. but did not know nothing about him
Stopped posting once over flack received but was asked by a lot on the mix to post what I hear
In defence over Lobo and StLuke they have never said ITK just post whats told them
Appreciate the info thanks

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never understood the stance of traore with the his contract situation anyway.....he has basically missed out on 2/3 years extra salary with us.....alright it might not have made his the highest earner he wanted but he has basically turned down an extra 20/30k a month.......we would have always sold him anyway if the right move had come along .....he is no further forward with not signing and he has missed out on 5/6m.........seems to me he was badly advised by his agent. He obviously feels the same as he switched to mendes to try for a move.........it hasn't been ideal for wolves but it has been a disaster for traore himself ...

Adama actually believes he's one of our best players and should be at a top 4 team. When really we are his ceiling. If we don't get a penny for him then it's an embarrassing situation

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can’t get my head around Traore. The bloke needs a minimum of 2/3 players marking him every game.
His dribbling past players is quite frankly something the likes of us will never see again.
He had 2nd/3rd most successful dribbles in the Prem last season, despite hardly playing t and being on load for half the season.
Bloke can rise like a salmon.
Quick enough to get back and defend.
And can always work on his end product.
How he is only roughly touted at 10/15 million is beyond me.

With 5 subs next season, he will destroy teams in the later stages of the game.

Keep him!!!!!!!

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t get my head around Traore. The bloke needs a minimum of 2/3 players marking him every game.
His dribbling past players is quite frankly something the likes of us will never see again.
He had 2nd/3rd most successful dribbles in the Prem last season, despite hardly playing t and being on load for half the season.

Keep him!!!!!!!
Agree. No point in selling him. If we get £10m

We paid £5m to loan trincao

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Keep him!!!!!!!
One year left on his deal, and everyone knows he won’t sign a new contract and wants out. Their hand is a bit forced to be honest. If we can get £10m for Traore and £30m for MGW and then spend that on Guedes, I wouldn’t be against that at all.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is suggesting Traore is worth 10 million - Football insider - who come up with the most ridiculous made up stories and people repeat the information like it has some validity. Please just look at the source unless it is reputable and trustworthy it is not worth discussion as if it's fact.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Keep him!!!!!!!
The question is, if someone offers us £10m and we turn it down. We've effectively paid a £10m loan fee for Adama as he'll leave in the summer for free

That seems high to me

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Keep him!!!!!!!

He's surely been working on it for 10 years now! It isn't going to ever get there, is it? If he couldn't deliver for a team like Barca, with the quality they have, he isn't going to do it at a lesser club. People used to say he'd have end product "in a better, more attacking club". That was disproved.

No end product is not a trivial problem you can ignore. Yes, he rises like a salmon, but has never scored a headed goal. He can outpace anyone, but is never there to get on the end of someone else cross. On his defensive side as he is a bit of a liability there. Didn't he contribute to more opponents goals than Wolves goals last season, due to his givign the ball away in dangerous areas? I would tell him to never defend, stay up by the half way line.

And opponents will have 5 subs too, so that isn't going to give any advantage. They will be able to do even more "yellow card sharing out" to bring him down.

I really like Traore and will him to do well, but eventually can't ignore the evidence of my own eyes. Luxury player, bring on as sub when needed. I do agree that 10 million is too low. Though 15 - 20, seems not too far off.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Keep him!!!!!!!

As Neves says, the game is played in your head. Unfortunately it doesn't matter how great of an athlete Adama is, that part of the game holds him back massively

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama actually believes he's one of our best players and should be at a top 4 team. When really we are his ceiling. If we don't get a penny for him then it's an embarrassing situation
I think all of us , including wolves and adama, got carried away with his hype....

Reaction score
Who is the last Italian to do well in the Premier League ?

They don't tend to come over here do they ?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One year left on his deal, and everyone knows he won’t sign a new contract and wants out. Their hand is a bit forced to be honest. If we can get £10m for Traore and £30m for MGW and then spend that on Guedes, I wouldn’t be against that at all.
Valencia are in the same situation with Guedes as we are with Traore.......they will be lucky to get 15/20m......

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, I've always thought he wasn't all that. Got excited when he first joined, but never got that hyped by him . I was hoping we sold him after his only good year for us
I'm still convinced Liverpool wanted him after that one top season, and we asked too much......so they ended up with Jota and got lucky .....

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's surely been working on it for 10 years now! It isn't going to ever get there, is it? If he couldn't deliver for a team like Barca, with the quality they have, he isn't going to do it at a lesser club. People used to say he'd have end product "in a better, more attacking club". That was disproved.

No end product is not a trivial problem you can ignore. Yes, he rises like a salmon, but has never scored a headed goal. He can outpace anyone, but is never there to get on the end of someone else cross. On his defensive side as he is a bit of a liability there. Didn't he contribute to more opponents goals than Wolves goals last season, due to his givign the ball away in dangerous areas? I would tell him to never defend, stay up by the half way line.

And opponents will have 5 subs too, so that isn't going to give any advantage. They will be able to do even more "yellow card sharing out" to bring him down.

I really like Traore and will him to do well, but eventually can't ignore the evidence of my own eyes. Luxury player, bring on as sub when needed. I do agree that 10 million is too low. Though 15 - 20, seems not too far off.

Agree with most of that. I do think that when he first started his loan at Barca that he quickly delivered assists and looked decent. It would appear that for reasons out of his control, that he was quickly relegated to a bit part, and from then on, it was downhill even when he did play. Suggests he needs to feel he’s wanted and when not evident, his head drops. While he’s not alone if true, it will hold him back massively. Conversely, somewhere he may just find the coach and team who believe in him and play to his strengths, and he may look like a superstar.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. No point in selling him. If we get £10m

We paid £5m to loan trincao

I beg to differ. Would you pay 10m to loan Traore? If not, then absolutely should Wolves accept a 10m offer to buy him this summer. If we turn down 10m now and he leaves for a free next summer, it’s the equivalent of paying a one season 10m loan fee. Guess what, anyone thinking of buying him knows that too, so unless there is a bidding war, then nobody will offer even 10m.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not know anything
Its great what you and other ITKs share and most of the reasonable adults on here are appreciative……so thank you and hopefully you continue.
Only a fool could misinterpret what you and others post about transfers as being a guarantee.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Would you pay 10m to loan Traore? If not, then absolutely should Wolves accept a 10m offer to buy him this summer. If we turn down 10m now and he leaves for a free next summer, it’s the equivalent of paying a one season 10m loan fee. Guess what, anyone thinking of buying him knows that too, so unless there is a bidding war, then nobody will offer even 10m.
Or we keep him. Recognise what he does for the team is way more than 10million in value.
We could show yet again that we're **** without him if we really want.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or we keep him. Recognise what he does for the team is way more than 10million in value.
We could show yet again that we're **** without him if we really want.
My point is that you’re paying 10m for a season of Traore. I wouldn’t. I like Traore but his output is not worth 10m in a single season.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I agree. It’s quite often we are only looking at these potential deals from a Wolves perspective I.e. what would be suitable for us. Other clubs don’t particularly give a **** how the deal suits us, only themselves and rightly so. Exactly why suggestions of 15-20mil for Traore and 30mil for Coady I believe are fanciful, because offers that high will not be forthcoming.

Madmalc

Reaction score
The unproven player we’re supposedly throwing £50m at has over 70 games in Portugal’s top flight, winning the league, Champions League Games and 8 full Portugal caps. He’s already scored for Portugal and despite playing in a completely different role to MGW has 10 goals and 11 assists across 14o games.

I would suggest he might look quite good in the Championship, possibly better than MGW
Yeah Wolves are short of defensive players that why we scored so many last year..

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's worth 10 million in opposition Goalkicks and Throw Ins?
Sorry, I'd rather have someone trying to beat players and losing it sometimes than working it backwards all game. We won 5 of our last 17 without him. We had no drive to get up the pitch. Nuts that people don't see this.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point is that you’re paying 10m for a season of Traore. I wouldn’t. I like Traore but his output is not worth 10m in a single season.
It is if you don't measure it in goals and assists. Let's face it you don't measure moutinho's output that way. I don't get what the insistence of doing the same with traore is.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Valencia are in the same situation with Guedes as we are with Traore.......they will be lucky to get 15/20m......

Guedes has a couple years left on his deal, and far more prolific than Traore, so I don't think he'd be that cheap. Jorge owes us one after Silva anyway...

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, I'd rather have someone trying to beat players and losing it sometimes than working it backwards all game. We won 5 of our last 17 without him. We had no drive to get up the pitch. Nuts that people don't see this.

Caused absolute panic in that game at the Villa don't think he even got an assist but his influence was paramount.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if he ever believed that but especially now?
I have no problem with players trying to get the most out of their careers, both on field and financially.
Thats how we got Neves, Sa, Raul etc…..they wanted more than they were earning and to play in the PL.

So it’s understandable if Traore wanted what he thought he thought he was worth and perhaps join a club with European competitions.

I wonder what happened with him at Barca because Xavi must have seen all Traore’s PL games but decided he wanted him anyway?
Did Xavi think he could turn Adama around where Nuno and Bruno failed? Does Adama have some problem following coaching instructions?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So correct me here if i am wrong on anything.
But the current situation allegedly is......

A ripe and ready player from France, 20-30 million range?
Two youngens from South America, Osorio and another

Sell Traore
Maybe a bid for Boly?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Keep him!!!!!!!
Wolves know all that but they also know that but hie good moments are few and far between, ( and everybody would love to know why).

BTW, should Bruno even sub on Traore if his heart is not in it?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is if you don't measure it in goals and assists. Let's face it you don't measure moutinho's output that way. I don't get what the insistence of doing the same with traore is.

Because we are not paying the equivalent of 10m for Moutinho. We’re paying around 5m in wages for Moutinho. If Traore is worth 10m this summer, and we’re paying him 40k/week, then we would effectively be paying 12m for a year of him (10m in lost fee + 2m in wages).

Back
Top Bottom