Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nathan Collins

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume this will be a Sellars signing and not a Jorge placement. Therefore, according to some on here, as Sellars doesn’t know his backside from his elbow and is the worst Technical/Football Director to be appointed to any club ever in the history of football, Collins will be rubbish and will play like the kid picked last in the playground. Alternatively it might indicate that Sellars is looking in the right areas.

Snapping up Sarkic on a free when released by Villa also seems more and more like a wise move from Sellars and the team.

Its difficult not to be critical of quite a few of our dealings in the market in recent years. It's been stated several times here, but we spend 45 million on players now out on loan. And then the whole Adama debacle.

But obviously its not all bad. Sellars work with the academy's seems to have been really good, including some of the young players that has been brought in and might slowly come through.

And Collins looks exactly like the signings we got used to when Fosun was at their best. Young with a very high ceiling, yet already good enough to make an immediate impact.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember watching one of the Burnley games (I confess I can't remember the opposition) and he picked the ball up a couple of times and carried the ball deep into their half (the one time he even got a shot off in the penalty area, deflected for a corner).
And it was really noticeable and I remember thinking, he's a good un. He stood out.

If he played in a back 3 on the right side, his direct and positive play carrying the ball would really be a weapon (IMHO)

That goal Collins scored for Ireland - reminds me that Kilman has threatened to do that a few times. Only he fell at the last hurdle, ran out of steam. Good to see Collins carry on and provide the cool finish. Though if he does that when playing for us, I will be yelling "stop and pass back you fool!!!!".

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That goal Collins scored for Ireland - reminds me that Kilman has threatened to do that a few times. Only he fell at the last hurdle, ran out of steam. Good to see Collins carry on and provide the cool finish. Though if he does that when playing for us, I will be yelling "stop and pass back you fool!!!!".
I watched a Collins compilation and did notice he made similar (but better) runs than Kilman from the back. Someone in the transfer thread said that there could/would be two surprise outgoings (the first being Fabio). Really hope that Kilman isn’t the second.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't know much about him, is he a really good player or is everybody getting carried away because we've signed someone, only asking

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched a Collins compilation and did notice he made similar (but better) runs than Kilman from the back. Someone in the transfer thread said that there could/would be two surprise outgoings (the first being Fabio). Really hope that Kilman isn’t the second.

Really hope not. A CH pairing of Kilman and Collins sounds like it has amazing potential for the future. Though, who knows? Maybe they think Collins is the same type of player as Kilman - and the right type for the style of play Bruno wants - but has a higher ceiling than Kilman? And there were rumours of the usual big clubs interested in Max last season.

Would he be available for significantly more than the 20M for Collins, though? I can't see anything approaching £30M for Max...yet. So remain hopeful the aim is to have both in the squad.

I'd have someone like Jonny or Donk down as the surprise outgoing, ahead of Kilman.

One thing for sure on Collins - he is *very* pacey.

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
It would be a shame to see Kilman go especially as he is left footed. On the other hand, a left footed English CB would presumably up his value somewhat did we want to sell him.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know much about him, is he a really good player or is everybody getting carried away because we've signed someone, only asking
Hes a decent player,young and has pace
Obviously room to improve even more
It does seem some are getting carried away with our first signing,but hes been on our radar for some time and looks like an excellent aquisition
Lets hope we still get that midfielder and forward we also need very soon

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem some are getting carried away with our first signing,but hes been on our radar for some time and looks like an excellent aquisition
Decent player by the looks of it. Only played 60 times and 19 of those in the prem. So a lot to prove but looks good from what I can see

Sidaway

Reaction score
Our player chants recently have been dreadful, let’s get something going for Collins. Brick ****house needs to be included

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok, that's great blackcountry, , still need a few more now though

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A few saying is it the end for Coady? Don't think so personally. Apart from his presence in the team/squad, I'm sure Lage has said he wants the option to change between 4 at the back and a back 3.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not #ITK but I was told a few weeks back by the one person I do know with a bit of pull that Fabio and Podence wanted to leave. Wasn’t sure if the first meant loan or permanent but obvs Podence wouldn’t be loaned out.

So maybe it’s potentially Podence?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go but with Chiquinho out for a year and Adama seemingly not sticking around…

Obviously the issues last season when he refused to play with a dodgy toe doesn’t help. Same person who said the above said he played through injuries that many others wouldn’t when he first arrived. Interesting to hear how that’s changed!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be in too good a mood.

Watch us sign him and loan him straight to Grasshoppers.

I almost want it to happen just to see the scale of meltdown :tearsofjoy:

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not #ITK but I was told a few weeks back by the one person I do know with a bit of pull that Fabio and Podence wanted to leave. Wasn’t sure if the first meant loan or permanent but obvs Podence wouldn’t be loaned out.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go but with Chiquinho out for a year and Adama seemingly not sticking around…

Obviously the issues last season when he refused to play with a dodgy toe doesn’t help. Same person who said the above said he played through injuries that many others wouldn’t when he first arrived. Interesting to hear how that’s changed!
Damn, I love Podence and think he’s one of our best producers but that makes sense.

I’d love to see a Kilman/Collins pairing, but was a bit afraid of their similarities.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Re the last para perhaps a feeling that they were asking too often and taking him for granted?

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
According to Alex Crook on Talksport should be done latest tomorrow probably today.

20.5m with 3.5m add ons. Significant signing on fee being paid to Stoke too.

Also we've rejected 25m for MGW (already stated) from Everton but reckons Palace will get him for 30m.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sound like a decent player, and if signing goes through will give us some other options, hopefully will go through quickly if its going to happen so he can join team and get most of the pre season, if we are looking to go to 4 at the back for at least some of the time then the more time in pre season we have to practice and get that set up the better

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well they've just announced the new match day prices (for Cat B games at least) so expect the announcement of new signing will be imminent to distract everyone from the increases, then they can sneak in the cat A prices

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Will reserve judgement until we get to half season way point..when I've seen him play he was always getting rinsed and given away penalties.
He gave away two, very poorly researched opinion. Did you have a game where you saw him get "rinsed"

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gave away two, very poorly researched opinion. Did you have a game where you saw him get "rinsed"

Maybe it's because he was in a poor Burnley side with no cover, but players were able to outpace him and get crosses in, hopefully he will play CB for us and see the best of him..

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Maybe it's because he was in a poor Burnley side with no cover, but players were able to outpace him and get crosses in, hopefully he will play CB for us and see the best of him..
Get crosses in against a CB? How does that work. He's also pretty sharp, Burnley fans disagree strongly with your assessment.

Back
Top Bottom