Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
So this thread is titled ‘Summer Transfer Window 2022.

We are up to post 4,675 already with nothing but rumours, guesses, media gossip and just about everything else you can think of, but nothing definite or confirmed by our great club.

Don’t we all think we should wait until we get the retained list from Jeff (or whoever). We will then know who is definitely leaving, who is in new contract talks and maybe, just maybe the areas they are looking to strengthen.

From all the rumours on the Mix and in the media the current squad could be decimated before we kick a ball for the new season. Definitely more negatives than positives atm. Let’s hear what Chairman Jeff and Mr Sellars have got to say (although Sellars has previously bored us with his comments earlier last season).

I just hope something positive will be heard. I think we could all do with a bit of cheering up. I know I could!

Does anyone know when the club will announce the retained list?
Was the 4th of June last year, so purely going off that I’m guessing some time in the next week.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was the 4th of June last year, so purely going off that I’m guessing some time in the next week.
Thanks Jade.

Hopefully next few days then. Needs to be pretty soon as players who are being released need to get fixed up with other clubs.

Doesn’t look like any other Premier clubs have announced their retained lists either atm.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very loose link but Martim Neto and his partner are posting pictures of themselves on a plane with gold hearts asking people to guess where they’re going….
Just done thorough research on M. Neto...... all I could gather is he's 19, not played much if any first team football, centre midfielder, replacement for Neves, and YouTube has him scoring 1 goal. And he's en route.......

*He is highly rated tbf.

T

TheConcourse

So we won’t be competing with Man City like he said then will we!
I can’t believe one comment 3-5 years ago has stuck in the minds of so many fans when we’ve been on the run we have.

I don’t ever remember Jeff suggesting that we’d compete by outspending, but he’s maintained that we’d compete by increasing revenue and being smarter off the pitch.

He seems to be indicating that the plan is working on Ask Wolves.

Reset expectations. At best we’re 8th, at worst we’re 14th and will probably fluctuate between the two for the next few years until the additional revenue starts to flow. Even then, with the spending power of Newcastle, it’s likely that it won’t be enough to go further.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep going in a couple of days before the window closed with offers well below asking is not being ready to buy.
Paying full asking price or even worse late add-ons too isn't negotiation though it's being a soft touch. Any silly sod who doesn't care about their finances can do that.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t believe one comment 3-5 years ago has stuck in the minds of so many fans when we’ve been on the run we have.

I don’t ever remember Jeff suggesting that we’d compete by outspending, but he’s maintained that we’d compete by increasing revenue and being smarter off the pitch.

Reset expectations. At best we’re 8th, at worst we’re 14th and will probably fluctuate between the two for the next few years until the additional revenue starts to flow. Even then, with the spending power of Newcastle, it’s likely that it won’t be enough to go further.

Wolves at the door: Billionaire owners insist they will be bigger than Manchester City... so watch out Premier League​

• Jeff Shi, Wolves executive chairman, has high hopes for top-flight newcomers
  • Shi doesn't balk at the suggestion that the club wants to match Manchester City
  • Their opening four displays in Premier League suggest that they are here to stay
  • There are plans to expand Molineux, eventually perhaps to a 50,000 stadium
Published 15th September 2018.

Of course it has stuck in the mind after so many dark hours, days, nights, weeks, month, years and seasons of doubt!

I am not resetting any expectations. Just remembering what was said.

T

TheConcourse

Wolves at the door: Billionaire owners insist they will be bigger than Manchester City... so watch out Premier League​

• Jeff Shi, Wolves executive chairman, has high hopes for top-flight newcomers
  • Shi doesn't balk at the suggestion that the club wants to match Manchester City
  • Their opening four displays in Premier League suggest that they are here to stay
  • There are plans to expand Molineux, eventually perhaps to a 50,000 stadium
Published 15th September 2018.

Of course it has stuck in the mind after so many dark hours, days, nights, weeks, month, years and seasons of doubt!

I am not resetting any expectations. Just remembering what was said.
This is great, thanks. It’s been a pretty linear path in the world since 2018. Very little has changed.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Sell up so and give someone else a chance to to give us something to dream about
Having been to the bottom of the 4th division (I think our worst was 17th place) and to the final Chorley game I will take these owners with a big embrace. Who do they sell to? There aren't many Fosuns or KSAs around! And we definitely have competition from other clubs, not only in England. IMHO we need to be even more patient and that actually should be a strong point of ours after decades of suffering mediocrity and crap apart from the odd flicker of life. Being in the top 20 of the Deloitte report high income clubs right now shows enormous, enormous progress. Holding on to Fosun for the long term the Chinese big picture way really looks our best option rather than enticing cowboys, hairdressers and assorted conmen. Ask the fans of Feyenoord, Anderlecht, Schalke, Hamburg, Porto, Bilbao etc etc. who have had far more European campaigns than our 1 in 40 years. Lets try to walk before we demand that we run!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately in some peoples minds nothing has changed. Though I imagine they’re anti vaxxers and think the earth is flat and the queen is actually a lizard.
One of those might be accurate (or perhaps not).... lol

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
And he has accepted his naeivity on that comment 6 years on, and also said the same in last years ask wolves as well
Classic Chinese modern business approach behind those announcements but they are not the only ones who talk big when they get started - look at Wolves with Hayward and Morgan! They often think that a big initial splurge will conquer the world and make them rich and famous. They are not known for being able to maintain quality fixed assets eg buidings and other infrastructure, and develop staff. It's all a tad simplistic like in many fields of investment and is often based on stories about Jackie Ma etc. I came across this many times in my recent three years working in mainland China.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless we sell ,the transfer window is nailed shut ,the lights are out and the gates to Compton only open outwards

You can add the trapdoor to the championship with that....

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
You can add the trapdoor to the championship with
You can add the trapdoor to the championship with that....
The group we finished the season with had run its course ,we all know that .We have a sell to buy philosophy but what happens if Neves doesn’t leave until late in the window and the others just leave and don’t bring in hard cash?None of us know what is happening but as it stands yes I am worried .Try building the brand as a struggling team particularly one can’t score goals and play a boring brand of football.Good luck with that .

N

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So this thread is titled ‘Summer Transfer Window 2022.

We are up to post 4,675 already with nothing but rumours, guesses, media gossip and just about everything else you can think of, but nothing definite or confirmed by our great club.

Don’t we all think we should wait until we get the retained list from Jeff (or whoever). We will then know who is definitely leaving, who is in new contract talks and maybe, just maybe the areas they are looking to strengthen.

From all the rumours on the Mix and in the media the current squad could be decimated before we kick a ball for the new season. Definitely more negatives than positives atm. Let’s hear what Chairman Jeff and Mr Sellars have got to say (although Sellars has previously bored us with his comments earlier last season).

I just hope something positive will be heard. I think we could all do with a bit of cheering up. I know I could!

Does anyone know when the club will announce the retained list?
Only just getting started mate.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had an experienced squad with some very good players...if we mess it up then that wont be the case.

Huge risk at this level to turn over so much of the squad.
Oh absolutely, but the same could be said of any team. I actually had Palace to go down because I thought there would be too much tumult. I like Fergie's method of changing 2/3 key players each season. We probably need 4/5 as we have stagnated in a couple of previous windows. Risky

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very loose link but Martim Neto and his partner are posting pictures of themselves on a plane with gold hearts asking people to guess where they’re going….

If I was them, Id keep an eye on that screen on the back of the seat in front of them that tells you where the plane is going - make sure there isn't a connection in Zurich. :)

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been quite vocal about people having patience till we know who has come and gone. Having said that though Sellars comments today have seriously concerned me!

“There’s probably some players that will be moving out and I’ll certainly be pushing and driving hard to get that money to spend,” said Sellars. “I certainly get the sense that would be the feeling of what I’m allowed to do, so anything that does happen I want to spend the money and certainly try to improve the squad and try to make us progress.”

So basically we might not even reinvest the whole fees we receive for players?!?! If this happens I'll certainly be part of the pitchfork wielding mob

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benfica have lodged in a €10m bid for Ricardo Horta (left winger) from Braga according to Record in Portugal. With talk of them also supposedly being interested in David Neres on top this, who predominantly plays on the right wing, it could definitely signal to the fact that Rafa Silva could be leaving Benfica this summer…

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell up so and give someone else a chance to to give us something to dream about
Do you really think there would be a lot of people queuing up to throw millions at at a football club in Wolverhampton? If there were I am sure they could make Fosun an offer they can't refuse. It hasn't happened yet, so just settle for the real world while you wait for that fantasy benefactor to emerge. I for one would much rather have the long term commitment to a sound business that Fosun are saying they represent. If they fail to deliver on that then we might all need to look for the fairytale alternative.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Change thread title so Transfer Sales 2022.. I've a horrible feeling about this summer. We are going to be more Everton next season than Spurs.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“There’s probably some players that will be moving out and I’ll certainly be pushing and driving hard to get that money to spend,” said Sellars. “I certainly get the sense that would be the feeling of what I’m allowed to do, so anything that does happen I want to spend the money and certainly try to improve the squad and try to make us progress.”

So basically we might not even reinvest the whole fees we receive for players?!?! If this happens I'll certainly be part of the pitchfork wielding mob
Does he mean he hopes he gets the money to spend , over Jorge ......

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Will not that get a little bit boring though after say another three or four years of midtable?
It will not win us any more international fans to speak of anyways..
I just cannot see it working.
We don´t care about the cups either..I mean,are we supposed to try and win for example the FA Cup permanently playing our backup keeper for example?
What´s there to look forward to shorter and longer term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom