Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can anyone explain that please? He looked offside initially but the actual goal he was clearly not offside what is this rule with two defenders?

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have been instantly disallowed in the Premier League. And Liverpool would be given a penalty.

Not sure why it's disallowed, clearly comes off a Liverpool defender. Not a deflection, either, he comes sliding in to clear the ball. Unless Benzema was offside on the initial cross (I don't think he was), not sure why that was disallowed.
Precisely... they have ruled it out because it wasn't a deliberate touch but as you said, he slid in to get it. Pure nonsense decision.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
The ball was played by a Liverpool player got to be onside. Needs to be cleared up this. Let's see if BT try to sort it out...

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With it bouncing of Fabiniho's knee, what's the justification for disallowing that?!

To me it looked like the question was whether the ball came to him from a Liverpool player where it wasn’t just deflected. The replays didn’t really make it clear. The fact they showed the lines suggest they think it was received from a Madrid player.

Either that or Liverpool have their usual VAR deal in place!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone any the wiser?

That's a goal, surely?

Offside or not. Fabinho's action renders it irrelevant.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Either 1-0 Real Madrid or Real win on penalties. Liverpool don’t look confident in the final third.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Peter Walton thinks that the officials got it right.... (whatever they decided).....
“Let’s bring in Peter Walton”
“I agree with the referee, correct decision”
“Will it be overturned?”
“No”
(Decision overturned)
“Peter?”
“Good use of VAR, correct decision by the VAR official”
“Thanks Peter”

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is VAR stationed outside the stadium alongside 10k Liverpool fans trying to break in?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just makes no sense at all. How can you be offside when your own team didn’t pass it to you!!!!!!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can a VAR official decide whether a defender has deliberately played the ball or not? Are they mind readers?

Fabinho slides in to get the ball and knees it into Benzema’s path. For me that’s a goal.
How the hell can they call it a deflection when he’s made a deliberate play to get the ball?

SingleMalt

Reaction score
How can a VAR official decide whether a defender has deliberately played the ball or not? Are they mind readers?

Fabinho slides in to get the ball and knees it into Benzema’s path. For me that’s a goal.
They can’t which is why the rule is total *******s. But it is still the rule.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone any the wiser?

That's a goal, surely?

Offside or not. Fabinho's action renders it irrelevant.
Well... I'll give it a stab. Not that I agree with what I'm about to say.

The ball breaks free off Alisson's knee and both Konate and Fabinho go in for the loose ball. Konate then knocks the ball onto Fabinho's knee and it breaks to Benzema. As such, the VAR ref has decided the ball wasn't played deliberately by Fabinho. My argument, if that is the case, is that Konate deliberately plays the ball.

Back
Top Bottom