Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh look, almeida and gui guedes,

Wonderful normal business resumes, buy and loan to grasshoppers

Hopefully almeida would be for first team.

A Bola report that Guilherme Guedes (known as Gui) is extremely likely to leave this summer. Grasshoppers have previously been linked to the 20 year old so expect a potential loan move there if Wolves complete this signing. #WWFC | #Wolves
Quote Tweet

pK6XAsEd_mini.jpg

Talking Wolves

@TalkingWolves
· 4h
As well as Andre Almeida, Wolves are also interested in Vitoria Guimaraes midfielder Guilherme Guedes. It’s said that Wolves could pay between €10m-€15m combined for the Portuguese midfielders.

Great stuff. Grasshoppers get more players than us these days!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's an idea - why don't Grasshoppers buy their own players, instead of Wolves subsidising them. Or better still they can buy one & loan him to us for 12 mths or so?

Because Mrs Guo wears the trousers,and wat she NOT SHI.)wants she gets.Dow forget it's her toy.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes is Probably another one for the future, just 5 top flight appearances this season, but it Looks like It is happening, being reported by the Portuguese club’s own website, although doesn’t name us :

Vitória prepara transferência milionária de Gui
He'll probably go to Grasshoppers as he's been linked with them previously.
I must say, as much as the relationship can benefit us (Toti being the prime example), spending £12 million on two players, where one is going out on loan, and the other, as talented as he might be, will not be a PL starter in the near future, doesnt seem very smart. At least not if money is tight.
We are yet to see any repayment of the combined fee of £50 mio we paid for Silva, Hoever and Jordao.
Add that to the fee of £4-5 mio for players we'll never see in a Wolves shirt, Kawabe, Dadashov, Bolla and Sang-bin Jeong .

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's an idea - why don't Grasshoppers buy their own players, instead of Wolves subsidising them. Or better still they can buy one & loan him to us for 12 mths or so?
Suspect they might say “why don’t wolves develop their own players rather than have us do it then take them back when decent!”

It is an arrangement that has benefits for both parties.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Suspect they might say “why don’t wolves develop their own players rather than have us do it then take them back when decent!”

It is an arrangement that has benefits for both parties.
Its really helped both clubs - we finished 10th & they finished 8th - so worth the investment....... not

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll probably go to Grasshoppers as he's been linked with them previously.
I must say, as much as the relationship can benefit us (Toti being the prime example), spending £12 million on two players, where one is going out on loan, and the other, as talented as he might be, will not be a PL starter in the near future, doesnt seem very smart. At least not if money is tight.
We are yet to see any repayment of the combined fee of £50 mio we paid for Silva, Hoever and Jordao.
Add that to the fee of £4-5 mio for players we'll never see in a Wolves shirt, Kawabe, Dadashov, Bolla and Sang-bin Jeong .
You forget we’ve just been promoted to the top division of the U23 league and will need players to compete.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Came out last year this time next week

They announced Nuno was going 21/05 and then released the first of the videos on the 26/05.

Wonder if there'll be any repeat of Bruno going and then the first one being released just after?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But then we shouldnt sign players only to loan them out.
Also, we shouldnt really pay £8-10 million to strenghten our U23 team.
But maybe we should? Yes try to enjoy the football in the present, but a slow build and a team/squad full of absolute quality in 3-4 years time either gelling as a team or the odd one getting sold to fund their replacements......

I do find the bogof deals very strange, what will happen to the likes of Jordao?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Incredibly Bonatini still has another year to go with us!

That was a favour for someone that got brushed under the carpet!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still baffled as to how he got, what, like 12 in 20 for us.

Just bin him off this summer.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo, Milenkovic, Carmo, RAN
MGW, Palhinha, Nunes
Guedes, Raul, Neto

Slonin, Jonny, Coady, Kilman, Moutinho, Podence, Pedrinho, Ramos, Fabio

Sarkic, Bueno, Toti, Almeida, Cundle, Hodge, Chiquinho

Jobs a good ‘un :)
Do you want the football director job mate? Good squad that .

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't forget Grasshoppers can only loan 1 more off us as they already have 2 long terms loans.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's been nothing really concrete though has there? A few snippets - some say he's going and others say he's staying.
The part that worries me is any new manager will have to accept the way Wolves do business.

I don't know enough about Lopetegui, but he is a Mendes client. Would he be prepared to work under a restricted budget and Sellars as the ultimate "sign off" on players?
I wouldn’t . It’s why I believe we are shot until
that changes . We need a top coach . Particularly with young players .

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget Grasshoppers can only loan 1 more off us as they already have 2 long terms loans.

Those rules don't apply to younger players, think it's under 21s, so we can still send them as many kids as we want if needs be.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we just sack whoever is scouting forwards or at least tell them that we would like to buy forwards who can score. Other than Jimenez we’ve not bought an effective Centre Forward since Dicko and Afobe, and even with the former we could have bought Callum Wilson as an alternative.

Last edited:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we just sack whoever is scouting forwards or at least tell them that we would like to buy forwards who can score. We’ve not bought an effective Centre Forward since Dicko and Afobe, and even with the former we could have bought Callum Wilson as an alternative.

What about that Raul Jimenez. How did he get on for us pre-fractured skull? Not bad!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we just sack whoever is scouting forwards or at least tell them that we would like to buy forwards who can score. We’ve not bought an effective Centre Forward since Dicko and Afobe, and even with the former we could have bought Callum Wilson as an alternative.
Erm, Raul Jimenez?

But yes, we definitely need some goalscorers.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those rules don't apply to younger players, think it's under 21s, so we can still send them as many kids as we want if needs be.

Is this because Wolves and Wolves U23s 'technically' count as 2 different clubs?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Pre-injury Raul was not effective? I agree many of your posts but this is utter rubbish.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wasn't Wilson available when we signed Clarke instead?

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
Personally I would let Trincao go back to Barcelona (even though I think he is better than we have seen so far) and would go for Dwight McNeill from Burnley.
Reckon about £15m and first team ready.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I would let Trincao go back to Barcelona (even though I think he is better than we have seen so far) and would go for Dwight McNeill from Burnley.
Reckon about £15m and first team ready.
Dwight McNeil's goals and assists are even worse than the wingers we have if we are to add more to our attack next season not sure McNeil is the type of winger we need...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom