Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict Thread (For what it's worth)

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big summer indeed ..
Apart from Chiquinho & Toti who were 7's everyone else needs a hard look internally (6 and 5's).

Bruno - Good luck

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what it's worth... we will finish the top West Midlands team for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Today's game was the opportunity to try some different things. Bruno decided to do that and frankly, I don't blame him.

The players have played the last 8 games knowing they won't be together next season and it really looked like a team of individuals cobbled together. In front of goal, we have no idea how to break down a team. We don't move it fast enough and we don't make enough runs in the box between the defenders. No wonder we can't score.

Defensively, we're more open since we got to safety from relegation and teams have found it far easier to break us. Lucky Norwich weren't 3-0 ahead at half time. Overall, a disappointing end to a season. But, 5 years ago, I'd have snatched your hand off for this.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another game where, apart from the 45th-60th minute, we had no movement, didn't know what to do with the ball, created nothing and looked so open we gave the opposition at least four wonderful goalscoring opportunities, while creating no good chances for ourselves. Manager was sat with his head in his hands more than once, but of course he has to take a lot of the blame for what is now consistently poor performances.

Since about mid-February, for 95% of our games we've just been so dull and uninspiring. Not checked how it compares to others but our last three months must be relegation form - maybe 16th at best. Woeful.

Liverpool will go into next Sunday knowing they have to win. Against this Wolves side, it could be really, really bad.

Sigh.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another pitiful performance to round off a dreadful few months on the whole. Looked better once Coady went off, that needs to be his last game in a home shirt.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norwich worst defence and worst attack in the division
played them 3 times this season and only managed one goal against them and conceded 2. (2 draws and a loss)

Another lackluster toothless performance with a poor bit of defending to concede (just far too many games like today this season)

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boring to watch... Have been for most the season we don't test defenders or keepers anywhere near enough, today for example a good opportunity to see us against a awful team in Norwich where we should score some goals but nope.... That first half was beyond rubbish really was..

Jimenez can't be our main man up top next season he has had a poor season so you expect him to really want to show what he is about today, nope nothing wasn't in the game at all and just doesn't get in the box and when he does just stands there!

This squad of players needs shaking up has gone stale the problem is even though I've backed him from day one I'm having serious doubts if Lage is the man as our form has been dreadful and doesn't look like improving any time soon!

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Glad to be on the way home. That was dull.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether the players are behind Lage or not is questionable, but to be that passive and pathetic against the worst team in the league in the final home game of the season, a fair well for some players but also some season ticket holders who won’t be there next season is so so poor.

I hope anyone who doesn’t want to be there is long gone this summer.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Deflating... I couldn't even stay to see the pitch walk. Can't recall never doing that before. There's just no character left any more. Stagnating and riding the wave of that championship side for too long. Still undecided what to do re season ticket.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A dire watch for all but 10 mins of the 94 mins we played. Played with no intent to win, just not to lose. Did pre season start early?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet another boring performance with no quality shown at all. Same old, same old. Nothing changes. Roll on the summer transfer window, and hopefully a few new first team players to inject some life into this team. Bruno isn’t the guy to do it, imo.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this was the outcome we all expected more or less: being unable to beat relegation fodder at home. Hope for the best but were you foolish enough to think otherwise at this point?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since about mid-February, for 95% of our games we've just been so dull and uninspiring. Not checked how it compares to others but our last three months must be relegation form - maybe 16th at best. Woeful.

Which year? Most of today we looked exactly the same as we did since return from lockdown in May 2020.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it was better than Brighton but not by much
We look shapeless and half hearted apart from Totti and about 15 minutes after HT
Could still finish 10th and thats probably better than we deserve tbh

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A good chunk of them players are unlikely to be here next year and yet they continue to serve up absolute dross. Shows a lack of respect to the club and the fans and a lack of pride. I kinda expect bruno has already been told he is gone at the end of the season. There can be no other reason for such apathy towards to the fans and poor performance against by far the worst team in the league.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No penetration, slow build up, wide open at the back.

Raul, Boly, Coady look shot, Moutinho is 108.

Hwang, Fabio not good enough.

If we sell Neves we’re in deep deep ****.

Thought today was a real split in that the "old school" looked shot and the best moments generally came from the younger players. Moutinho as an exception, maybe, thought he still looked up for it and had a decent game. But the rest, add in Ruddy and Saiss, they could be holding us back more than they are taking us forward.

I'm more worried we will get a new manager, the inevitable "bounce" like we did till New Year, so players like Coady and Saiss are "like new signings". Only then reverting to type again, which we are now...hoping we started with enough points to keep us safe when the collapse happens. The squad needs rebuilding, possibly a new identity.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it was better than Brighton but not by much
We look shapeless and half hearted apart from Totti and about 15 minutes after HT
Could still finish 10th and thats probably better than we deserve tbh
I think its more a case of Norwich aren’t as good as Brighton. Performance not dissimilar imo.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

at least Leeds got a 92nd minute equaliser and Stockport county will be promoted back to football league today. Apart from that the wolves game was not worth £37.90 train fare.

Back
Top Bottom