Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict Thread (For what it's worth)

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were about 5 minutes of excitement and the rest was pretty damn poor, as most posts have already said. It was sad to see a group of talented, professional players playing like that. And pretty sad, for me, was this young lad and his dad sat in front of us in SBU. Before the game, it was brilliant to see how proud the dad was to bring his son to Molineux, and how excited the young boy was. That is what sport is about, and especially, for all of us, supporting the Wolves. It reminded me when I went to Molineux the first time in 76/77 season, in bobble hat and scarf, my mum took me from Gloucester and it was just great, the sound, the crowd, all Wolves fans. Thinking about it now, we sat near to where I was sitting yesterday, in the old John Ireland stand. Watching your heroes play live and hearing your fellow Wolves fans in the North Bank, and occasionally the South Bank (!), sing the songs you've only heard on the radio/tv. Unforgettable.

It's not much fun, though, when we play that kind of football and the crowd around you starts to turn. Brighton at home was poisonous, and there'll be kids not returning after that for a while at least.

I've always been a happy clapper, except for when Saunders was in charge. But I'm pretty down on 2 accounts: I'm trying hard not to really dislike Hwang, because he does try, but he's awful and I cannot understand why he plays ahead of Fabio. And secondly, Lage. I tried to support him even though it was devastating to lose Nuno, and the article in the Athletic showed his effort and intensity, good qualities. However, he has taken us backwards: as a team and in the way he has coached individuals, Kilman excepted.

I hope he goes and we get in a manager that brings back some entertainment and that shows the kids how fantastic it is to be a Wolves fan. And I hope every father or mother that brought their kid/s to the game had a great, memorable time yesterday and in the future.

Edit: The Wolves Disability team were fantastic! great football.

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Something else that nudged me into not trusting Lage, that I forgot to put on my verdict post in this thread, is his decision to play Ruddy yesterday. I totally understand why he would want to do that and I have a lot of respect for Ruddy, but there is no room for sentimentality in Premier League football. It is almost unforgivable that he treated a competitive Premier League game as a friendly. Sa is not just key to us because of his goalkeeping abilities, but also because of his distribution.

If 8th was tied down, I would have a little more sympathy. However, you get over a £1million more for an 8th placed finish in comparison to a 9th place finish and much less again for 10th. So if Leicester, Brighton, or both, finish above us due to a 1-1 draw with bottom placed Norwich, the money we lose is more than the money gained from season and match day ticket prices rises. All those price rises spunked up the wall for nothing.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something else that nudged me into not trusting Lage, that I forgot to put on my verdict post in this thread, is his decision to play Ruddy yesterday. I totally understand why he would want to do that and I have a lot of respect for Ruddy, but there is no room for sentimentality in Premier League football. It is almost unforgivable that he treated a competitive Premier League game as a friendly. Sa is not just key to us because of his goalkeeping abilities, but also because of his distribution.

If 8th was tied down, I would have a little more sympathy. However, you get over a £1million more for an 8th placed finish in comparison to a 9th place finish and much less again for 10th. So if Leicester, Brighton, or both, finish above us due to a 1-1 draw with bottom placed Norwich, the money we lose is more than the money gained from season and match day ticket prices rises. All those price rises spunked up the wall for nothing.
Didn't Nuno play Will Norris is the final Championship game at Sunderland for his first start.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Didn't Nuno play Will Norris is the final Championship game at Sunderland for his first start.
Title already won. No places in the league table to be lost. That's the right time to do it. Although I was pretty gutted we didn't reach 100 points because of that defeat. Still, we weren't on a dismal run then and needed a won. We still had a league place to play for yesterday and needed a win to boost moral.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

At least he didn’t commit this “unforgivable” sin in a semi final!

Back
Top Bottom