Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bust up

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Impossible to make a judgement without knowing what the injury is. The great Tommy Smith played through injury by taking an injection on many occasions. He ended up in a wheelchair in his 60s, unable to walk and crippled with arthritis.
He was the example I was going to use.

The long-term damage from playing through injuries is greater than the short-term pleasure of being jabbed by someone wearing a nurse's uniform!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see both sides of the argument. I have a mate over here who plays Rugby league in the NRL and he was playing for one of the the biggest clubs in the competition ( Brisbane Broncos ). In his position the team was struggling for players so he put off shoulder surgery and played about a third of the season with injections in his shoulders. He ended up needed a double shoulder operation and it cost him a year of his career and a good chance of cementing himself there. These injections can do a lot more harm than good.
Yes i can see that. I just thought with how highly regarded our medical department is that they wouldn’t be recommending it if they thought it could make the injury worse.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Did Podence refuse injections ?

….anybody know the facts or is this silly rumour? Are some getting their undies in a twist over something that never happened?

anybody?
Nobody knows the facts. But I think it was Spiers who came out with it. So perhaps there is some truth to it.

So naturally, the only sensible thing we should be doing is calling Podence a pussy and telling him to get juiced up for the next 4 meaningless games to damage the injury further and then have it fixed surgically in the summer.

That way he can miss pre-season and with the earlier than usual season kick off he will miss a handful of games before he comes back. Then he can be underdone and therefore also inconsistent whilst trying to get up to speed before there is a pause for the World Cup. Then finally we can go back to slating the little fella and everything will be good and right again with the world.

Right?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody knows the facts. But I think it was Spiers who came out with it. So perhaps there is some truth to it.

So naturally, the only sensible thing we should be doing is calling Podence a pussy and telling him to get juiced up for the next 4 meaningless games to damage the injury further and then have it fixed surgically in the summer.

That way he can miss pre-season and with the earlier than usual season kick off he will miss a handful of games before he comes back. Then he can be underdone and therefore also inconsistent whilst trying to get up to speed before there is a pause for the World Cup. Then finally we can go back to slating the little fella and everything will be good and right again with the world.

Right?
Its kinda sad when some fans condemn Podence ………even if it’s not true.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe podence has no faith in the medical team. That in itself is a worry.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe podence has no faith in the medical team. That in itself is a worry.
Maybe it’s a bit of a 50/50 decision and the medical department have explained his options and let him make a decision. Maybe the club are perfectly happy and supportive of his decision.
If we were in a relegation fight or champions league qualification rested on it perhaps the risk to reward would mean he’d have it.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it’s a bit of a 50/50 decision and the medical department have explained his options and let him make a decision. Maybe the club are perfectly happy and supportive of his decision.
If we were in a relegation fight or champions league qualification rested on it perhaps the risk to reward would mean he’d have it.
I guess it's maybe's all round really

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, indeed. So why let Spiers make an issue of it?

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was the example I was going to use.

The long-term damage from playing through injuries is greater than the short-term pleasure of being jabbed by someone wearing a nurse's uniform!

Especially if it's Jeff Shi in the nurse's uniform having taken up his 13th different role at the club following the departure of Dr. Perry.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Spiers made an issue out of it or
just a select few on here? Spiers just doing his job me thinks.
But for Spiers to have been given the background in the first place, someone wants to make an issue out of it. Either representatives of the management, or of the player, clearly think we need to know.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This'll be it. I assume it's a cortisone injection they are referring to, which can reduce inflammation and pain, allowing a player to play on as an alternative to resting an injury to fully heal over a longer period.

This can work fine, with no problems, but it can also aggravate the injured area and make any recovery harder and longer. It's a risk as you say, that maybe Podence isn't prepared to take. Regardless of the situation and what's on the line, any person/player is entitled to make their own choices.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

CologneWolf

Reaction score
But for Spiers to have been given the background in the first place, someone wants to make an issue out of it. Either representatives of the management, or of the player, clearly think we need to know.

And the plot thickens...

I love a good mystery I do.

I’m gonna say Colonel Mustard from the treatment room. And if we are talking about a leak it’s gonna have to be the wrench innit?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It was in response to all the Twitter gossip that he was refusing to play. People love a drama on here

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Player power here to keep a back 3 /5 instead of Bruno's back 4 wanted ??

Very impressive that the journalist has sources at Wolves, Leeds (x2), Birmingham, St Mirren, Everton, Villa, Raith Rovers, Leciester, QPR, Oxford, Rangers, Brighton and Inter Milan, all feeding him information in the last 3 (!) days.

Either that, or he's just copying stuff off twitter, to desperately generate ad revenue.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was in response to all the Twitter gossip that he was refusing to play. People love a drama on here
You say that but there were clearly elements of truth to it (at least).

Spiers has said there wasn’t a bust-up, but that there has been ‘disagreements’.

He’s also said that Podence is refusing to get an injection, when Twitter said he was refusing to play.

So something has clearly gone on and we only know because of Twitter, but whoever put it out there clearly knows a bit, whether it’s exaggerated or not is what we’re guessing.

Because neither story (Podence refusing to play & bust up) was denied, instead played down, it makes me inclined to believe there’s something to it unfortunately.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very impressive that the journalist has sources at Wolves, Leeds (x2), Birmingham, St Mirren, Everton, Villa, Raith Rovers, Leciester, QPR, Oxford, Rangers, Brighton and Inter Milan, all feeding him information in the last 3 (!) days.

Either that, or he's just copying stuff off twitter, to desperately generate ad revenue.
The St Mirren dressing room leaks are becoming ridiculous

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was offered a cortisone injection for a heel problem to eradicate pain while healing continued. From limited research it was apparent that the pace of healing was uncertain and some people often need repeat injections. The thought of just masking pain while letting the damage worsen caused reservations so I declined the injection. Depending on Podence’s specific injury and the advice he’s receiving, I can see it may be sensible not to aggravate it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
If this is accurate then I am behind Bruno on this one and **** some of these players off. I couldnt care less who they are either. Just **** off!
It is from footballinsider, who don't have any inside knowledge of football. I know a broken clock can be right twice a day, but they, and there ilk, are right as often as a sundial in the shade.

Football rumour journalism has gone so crazy that you can't take anything with any credibility. There are a couple of people on twitter and a couple that have been on here that i am more inclined to believe to a degree but the majority is just trash.

I used to love searching for any bit of a story, and relentlessly clicked on newsnow when i fitst found it. Then realised it's 99.9999999999999% b.s.

I think you can use snippets to support what you think or hope, but in reality it is just made up

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is from footballinsider, who don't have any inside knowledge of football. I know a broken clock can be right twice a day, but they, and there ilk, are right as often as a sundial in the shade.

Football rumour journalism has gone so crazy that you can't take anything with any credibility. There are a couple of people on twitter and a couple that have been on here that i am more inclined to believe to a degree but the majority is just trash.

I used to love searching for any bit of a story, and relentlessly clicked on newsnow when i fitst found it. Then realised it's 99.9999999999999% b.s.

I think you can use snippets to support what you think or hope, but in reality it is just made up
One of the worst sites out there, they don't even put effort into the clickbait

Baffles me that people still fall for this ****

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Baffles me that people still fall for this ****
Me too.
But ALL football fans know by now that the sport is riddled with stupid links, rumours, gossip and Twits. ( I refuse to call them tweets…..imo, they’re Twits).

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Me too.
But ALL football fans know by now that the sport is riddled with stupid links, rumours, gossip and Twits. ( I refuse to call them tweets…..imo, they’re Twits).

I agree, as much as football is a sport its also the other side keeps us entertained the rumours, the transfer market and the conspiracys.

Give it a few weeks and the "former agents", "Journalists" and "in the know" twitter accounts will be dusted off to spout out a load of rubbish about transfers again.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Believing an article from footballinsider247 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
It's starting to resemble my Football Manager career where I've gone 30 games with a great tactic (downloaded and savescummed to oblivion of course) which then somehow stops working at a crucial point of the season and I can't buy a goal for love nor money.

Back 5, 4 or 3 all results in me losing and the players getting agitated at my Tic Tacs not working.

Who said that life doesn't imitate art (or videogames)?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don’t know the guy, not saying it’s true or false, just sharing the post.

Would say I think this chap & Ryan Leister are both big Wolves fans aren’t they, so you’d hope they wouldn’t do this as a wind up. Basically, whether it’s true or not I presume it’s fair to say they’re passing on what they’ve heard in good faith.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Would say I think this chap & Ryan Leister are both big Wolves fans aren’t they, so you’d hope they wouldn’t do this as a wind up. Basically, whether it’s true or not I presume it’s fair to say they’re passing on what they’ve heard in good faith.

I'm still waiting for the big name signing he promised us 3 years ago.....

Until something is revealed by Percy or Fabrizio then it's wise to take things with a pinch of salt.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

isn’t he the one that winds up naive wolves fans by pretending he knows about signings? Just seen the post above and yes he is

Back
Top Bottom