Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When you spend over a billion pound on a squad of players and have a matter of minutes not to concede 2 goals I'm not sure it's the officials to look at for not getting to a final and bottling the CL again.

The Guardiola curse goes on and on.
Those 3 goals last week after being 2 ahead 3 times really have come home to roost as well .

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Least we forget .. On the 17th October 1957 Wolves took on the reigning European Cup holders the mighty " Real Madrid "– widely considered the best team in the world at that time – under the lights at Molineux.

Filled with stars such as Santamaria, Zarraga, Kopa, Di Stefano, Rial and Gento in their line-up, Real’s reputation took a heft knock as they went down 3-2 to Stan Cullis’ men in front of 55,169 supporters.

Goals from Dennis Wilshaw, Peter Broadbent and Jimmy Murray gave Wolves the victory :)
Those Were The Days My Friend...

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why am I fearing Liverpool will now do the quadruple? :(

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Least we forget .. On the 17th October 1957 Wolves took on the reigning European Cup holders the mighty " Real Madrid "– widely considered the best team in the world at that time – under the lights at Molineux.

Filled with stars such as Santamaria, Zarraga, Kopa, Di Stefano, Rial and Gento in their line-up, Real’s reputation took a heft knock as they went down 3-2 to Stan Cullis’ men in front of 55,169 supporters.

Goals were from Dennis Wilshaw, Peter Broadbent and Jimmy Murray gave Wolves the victory :)

Love this. I never understand why so much is made of the Honved game and so little is made of this game??

Real Madrid were in the process of Winning was it 5 European Cups in a row!!

And if I’m not mistaken they then went to the Bernabeu and drew 2-2!

Wolves were ‘Champions of the World’ at the time

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How must Jota be feeling from rags to riches now on the verge of winning everything
As said in here many times he's a ****er for leaving us to head to Liverpool. How dare he push for a move once a top club come calling. He's have had similar success with us here if he'd of stayed....... :)

Another example of why neves actually needs to move on if the Man utd, Arsenals type clubs etc are interested. He needs to be playing for a huge club for his ambitions sake and he's given us long enough imo and been part of our big steps forward we've made and that won't be forgotten.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
With Neves, Neto and Podence looking on with envy!
Along with the majority of players outside the top two clubs. All players should want to be playing at that level.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Camavinga is such a talent. He impacts the game every time he off the bench.
He's magnificent, technical ability/dribbling/defensive instincts and timing of a tackle. Ultimate modern midfielder.
Was thinking about the game last night again this AM as such a spectacle and this may be controversial to say but when was last time KDB turned up for a truly big game?
Awesome player but is he "clutch"?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable Real Madrid. One of the worst Real Madrid teams I have seen in a long time, walk la Liga and get to the final of the Champions league.

Benzema is a bit good, though? Vinicius Junior looks like a genuine "generational talent", he's really come on this past year or so. Modric is still one of the best midfielders of all time. Relative to past Real teams, being "one of the worst Real teams of all time" still leaves them one of the best teams in Europe.

Over the two semi- matches, they were often second best to City, but it's not that rare for the outplayed team to scrape through knock out matches. And any team that can have Jesus Vallejo playing in a crucial semi-final must be doing something right :D

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How must Jota be feeling from rags to riches now on the verge of winning everything

More concerned about how Neves, Neto and Sa etc. would be feeling when Jota shows them his medals! Itchy feet?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Love this. I never understand why so much is made of the Honved game and so little is made of this game??

Real Madrid were in the process of Winning was it 5 European Cups in a row!!

And if I’m not mistaken they then went to the Bernabeu and drew 2-2!

Wolves were ‘Champions of the World’ at the time
I think they made much of the Honved game but it was only about 12 months since Hungary walloped England at Wembley ,and Honved had quite a few of their players in the team

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they made much of the Honved game but it was only about 12 months since Hungary walloped England at Wembley ,and Honved had quite a few of their players in the team
Yes, I understand that but Honved had no form in Europe after that whereas Real Madrid were creating their legendary status.

Therefore why is there not more made of the Wolves beating them at the height of their powers and going on to draw with them in Madrid??

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Yes, I understand that but Honved had no form in Europe after that whereas Real Madrid were creating their legendary status.

Therefore why is there not more made of the Wolves beating them at the height of their powers and going on to draw with them in Madrid??
The only other thing I can think of it was early on in our evening floodlight match escapades so it was more of a ‘ novelty’ initially .

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd one out now at times. Diaz looks like 'the man' there in his position now. It's CF or bust for him if Mane and Salah keep it up, I think.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After all this might only be one English team in a European final (.plus Rangers maybe .)

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Ooft. 2-0 Rangers. Tavernier with the first (top scorer in Europa League from right back/wing back!) and Glen Kamara with a great second.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never say never after last night but West Ham will half rue this opportunity.

Think they'd beat Rangers or Leipzig as well.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Although the media in this country dont even acknowledge its existence the conference league is one thing UEFA may have got right. Giving opportunities to clubs that dont normally qualify for Europe early on and the competition is still strong at the end. Roma, Leicester, Marseille and Feyenoord, those are some huge clubs competing for a so called nonsense trophy

Back
Top Bottom