Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what happens when you don't sell players at their peak and let their contracts run down.

It's not always bad to sell players! Fergie was a master at selling a player in their pomp. After having done so well with Cavaleiro and Costa, we ****ed it with Traore.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what happens when you don't sell players at their peak and let their contracts run down.

It's not always bad to sell players! Fergie was a master at selling a player in their pomp. After having done so well with Cavaleiro and Costa, we ****ed it with Traore.
Bang on!! We should of sold Raul & Adama before the pandemic now we could potentially have heavy losses on both

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes we missed the boat with adama, no doubt ...but had we sold him there would have been uproar...fosun called everything under the sun ....so you are saying we should sell kilman n Jose Sa this summer , cause they may have peaked ...

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bang on!! We should of sold Raul & Adama before the pandemic now we could potentially have heavy losses on both
Hindsight is a wonderful thing
Had we sold Raul and Adama 2 years ago when both were at their peak there would have been an absolute riot at the time
Its easy to look back and say this or that, but no one can foretell the future,perhaps with Traore it was slightly easier but not Raul no way

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes we missed the boat with adama, no doubt ...but had we sold him there would have been uproar...fosun called everything under the sun ....so you are saying we should sell kilman n Jose Sa this summer ..
If the fee is right, ever player at every club should be for sale.

Man Utd sold Ronaldo, Van nistelrooy, Stam and Beckham at their prime and continued to dominate.

Clubs that are truly well run have a somewhat holistic approach to player recruitment - selling and buying at the right time.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't it reported that we have to pay €6m to Barca if we don't sign Trincao? Hopefully it waives that at least.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had we sold Raul and Adama 2 years ago when both were at their peak there would have been an absolute riot at the time
Its easy to look back and say this or that, but no one can foretell the future,perhaps with Traore it was slightly easier but not Raul no way
I wouldn't have sold Raul because he was so integral to anything. Adama for the mooted 50m+ would have been superb. Hindsight is always great tho

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the fee is right, ever player at every club should be for sale.

Man Utd sold Ronaldo, Van nistelrooy, Stam and Beckham at their prime and continued to dominate.

Clubs that are truly well run have a somewhat holistic approach to player recruitment - selling and buying at the right time.
Not disagreeing with ya to a point...just all you hear is we shouldn't sell our best players ....it's hindsight with adama ....I think we always would off sold adama but over egged the asking price....and then people moan we didn't ask enough for Jota.......so kilman peaked around Christmas, so we can should off accepted Newcastle offer in January....,.cause it would off all been profit....

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with ya to a point...just all you hear is we shouldn't sell our best players ....it's hindsight with adama ....I think we always would off sold adama but over egged the asking price....and then people moan we didn't ask enough for Jota.......so kilman peaked around Christmas, so we can should off accepted Newcastle offer in January....,.cause it would off all been profit....
That's very true, and I know that the most vociferous of fans would have been up in arms.

But for me, you've got to sell well to buy well. The Jota deal was a good one, even though he's improved immeasurably since then. If someone came in with a silly offer for Kilman in the summer, he should be off and replaced by someone identified as a future star at a quarter of the price.

Perfect world though!

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I remember thinking that i wouldn't change Raul for anyone. Pre-idiot David Luiz he was perfect for us. I would have been devastated if we had sold him.

It is easy to look now and say we should have sold him at his peak, but i don't think many were calling for that at the time. Unless we would have made some amazing signing to have replaced him there woupd still be threads on here slagging off the club for selling him.

Though, if this does happen with Traore then it is an appauling deal from the club

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to be smart in the transfer market. Look at leciester for example

We are not smart because we have too many connection to certain people

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's very true, and I know that the most vociferous of fans would have been up in arms.

But for me, you've got to sell well to buy well. The Jota deal was a good one, even though he's improved immeasurably since then. If someone came in with a silly offer for Kilman in the summer, he should be off and replaced by someone identified as a future star at a quarter of the price.

Perfect world though!
I'd say Neves is the more appropriate candidate for an unpopular departure. He's absolute class, one of the best 3 players I've ever seen for us, and imo could slot into a world class side, but... he'd likely fetch a big fee and, dare I say this, having quality in his position is worth less to a side like ours than an equally good attacking midfielder or striker. This isn't me underestimating his contribution but we don't need to have that kind of quality in that position.

Let me be clear here, I think we should try to hold on to the little beaut and add the striker and dynamic midfielder we need, that's how you push on, I'm just saying sell Kilman and you're gonna pay the same for similar, whereas in Neves' position we don't need like-for-like.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I find amazing is just how many people think Sellars had any real input into the Adama loan.

That was a calculated gamble by Jeff and Mendes - it looks like it hasn't worked.

I say 'looks like' because we don't yet know how this all plays out. Maybe Adama agreed to a new contract here if Barca don't take him on? Maybe he drops his salary here for the last year, or maybe he will only accept a new club if they pay us a fair transfer fee.

I just don't believe Jeff has not got something from this deal.

More to the point I don't see that Sellars has had much say in this deal.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to be smart in the transfer market. Look at leciester for example

We are not smart because we have too many connection to certain people
The Leicester connotation to smart business gets overplayed so much though. They've spent plenty on duds in the past 5 years or so:

Ayoze Perez - £30m
Islam Slimani - £28m
Ahmed Musa - £18m
Adrien Silva - £18m
Dennis Praet - £18m
Yannik Vestergaard - £15m
Vicente Iborra - £14m
Filip Benkovic - £13m
Rachid Ghezzal - £13m

& you could even throw in players like Ihenacho, Daka, Soumare who they paid big for & can't be considered huge successes at this moment in time, even the £12m they spent on backup keeper Danny Ward is pretty average business in hindsight also.

The one area you can commend them for is the sales side, how they managed to get £80m for Maguire & £30m for Drinkwater I'll never know, along with making very good money from the likes of Chilwell, Mahrez etc.

Last edited:

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I find amazing is just how many people think Sellars had any real input into the Adama loan.

That was a calculated gamble by Jeff and Mendes - it looks like it hasn't worked.

I say 'looks like' because we don't yet know how this all plays out. Maybe Adama agreed to a new contract here if Barca don't take him on? Maybe he drops his salary here for the last year, or maybe he will only accept a new club if they pay us a fair transfer fee.

He's the "technical director" / director of football, if he's had no say in this then there's no need for his role.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama for the mooted 50m+ would have been superb. Hindsight is always great tho
Problem is no one actually wanted to buy him.
Except Levy, and he was offering 50p and a bag of scratchings.

If we’d have had a bid anywhere near £50m - adama would have been running down blind alleys at some other club.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Leicester connotation to smart business gets overplayed so much though. They've spent plenty on duds in the past 5 years or so:

Ayoze Perez - £30m
Islam Slimani - £28m
Ahmed Musa - £18m
Adrien Silva - £18m
Dennis Praet - £18m
Yannik Vestergaard - £15m
Vicente Iborra - £14m
Filip Benkovic - £13m
Rachid Ghezzal - £13m

& you could even throw in players like Ihenacho, Daka, Soumare who they paid big for & can't be considered huge successes at this moment in time, even the £12m they spent on backup keeper Danny Ward is pretty average business in hindsight also.

The one area you can commend them for is the sales side, how they managed to get £80m for Maguire & £30m for Drinkwater I'll never know, along with making very good money from the likes of Chilwell, Mahrez etc.
Good points well made however from selling to buy, they have the funds to freshen things up and be competitive in the market

While Wolves on the other hand look like we’re paddling up shieit creek with no money and reliant on Mendes contacts. Really don’t understand why we have let things get to this stage. Overhaul is what’s needed to fund the now & future

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's just the latest scapegoat, like everyone who slagged Thelwell at every opportunity and quoted his dossiers but now wax lyrical about how good he was

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Ludovic Ajorque has been watched a number of times
Some interesting tidbits from this article: FEATURE | After a stellar 2021, should 6’6 Strasbourg striker Ludovic Ajorque be on Didier Deschamps’ mind?

It’s not only his scoring record that impresses, he has the ability to bring the best out of his teammates too. Speaking to Téléfoot, Strasbourg midfielder Adrien Thomasson explained: “He’s an altruistic player, who doesn’t just think about his own statistics.” It’s a fact backed up by his five assists in 17 games this season. Thomasson also remarked on his work rate and willingness to defend. “There’s also his way of giving it all, defending for the team. He’s the first to press and the first to come back and defend.” According to FBRef, Ajorque averages 1.18 clearances per 90 minutes, putting him inside the top 12% of attackers in Europe’s top five leagues this season, and 1.3 tackles per 90 (top 9%). Being 6’6, he’s also an enormous asset on set-pieces at both ends, winning 5.27 aerial duels per 90 and ranking in the top 6% of attackers...

...The one thing that Ajorque has on those players is his similarity to Olivier Giroud, who was consistently picked by Deschamps due to his ability to play the role as the hold-up striker who brings others into play.
Emphasis added

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Relative to the collective, yes absolutely Traore should have been sold.

The team was better than his contribution warranted.
Now we find ourselves in a position where the team performance has dropped so much that his presence would undoubtedly improve it. Unfortunately in that intervening period his value has plummeted.

Raul on the other hand was entirely unpredictable. This summer is the only way that we could sever our connection and save face. His individual performances have dropped below our terrible collective performances.

Nostalgia aside it's difficult to make a case to retain him.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has the loan fee Barca paid for Adama ever been disclosed?
I’m not sure but I don’t think there is one. Can’t remember if it was mentioned.
Which if true is rather odd and why I think there is an obligation to buy after the season is over.
Also I think Adama waived half his wages.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tbf if the club go out and sign Palhinha, Guedes and Ajorque that is three big signings, in the right positions, at ages and physical profiles to go straight in the team.

I wouldn't complain if that was our Summer business right there.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's just the latest scapegoat, like everyone who slagged Thelwell at every opportunity and quoted his dossiers but now wax lyrical about how good he was

I don't like the scapegoating either but I sure understand why people question the ability of those in charge when poor decisions seems to damage the club.
Is Sellars to blame? Is Shi?
I don't know, but I do know that with regards to transfers, the club is poorly run at the moment and somewhere in the club somebody needs to take responsibility for that.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom