Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

beppe7619

Reaction score
Think of the stadiums that were built not long after Molineux.

The Reebok
Riverside
Britannia
Old Trafford refurb.
Villa Park refurb
The Hawthorns refurb
The New Den
The City Ground

I can't think of many of those stadiums where you could drive an ambulance round the pitch.

Not disputing the legislation as I have read it myself somewhere too. It must have been scrapped pretty soon after Molineux was completed in 93.
I remember when we had lease cars driving around the pitch with flashing lights with Wolfie on the back in the 90s

beppe7619

Reaction score
I don't recall the exterior of Molineux having a spruce up since 2003. Jack had it completely refurbed on promotion to the PL.

Since then we've had the big banners added to the Billy Wright, the arrival of the new North Bank and a new shade of seat fitted in the Steve Bull lower. LED advertising boards, a new sound system and the big screens reintroduced but.....

The exterior is looking tired. The roof supports are going lighter and greener as the years roll by. Or looking at the Bully's roof, rustier. Morgan didn't bother sprucing it up as he had plans to rebuild it.

I'm not sure the current ownership do. New paint would go a long way.
Spot on with the Billy Wright stand metal work outside the ground I had a look around before the under 23s game. It could do with painting. Why don’t they paint the steve bull stand when the flags are put up. It only seems like the bully is spruced up for the tv cameras

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on with the Billy Wright stand metal work outside the ground I had a look around before the under 23s game. It could do with painting. Why don’t they paint the steve bull stand when the flags are put up. It only seems like the bully is spruced up for the tv cameras
South Bank is the same mate, it's gradually fading to a yellowish/lemon colour with added moss.

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s an interesting question. SJH could have built his three stands such that the pitch was moved as close to the Steve Bull as regulations allowed, and then lined up the new North and South Banks to match, and the BW equally close on the other side. I can only imagine that they built those three stands where they are because they were required to, perhaps to allow better access around the touch lines in the event of an emergency? If so, the regulations must have changed in the intervening period to allow Morgan to push up his North Bank, and for other clubs to have new stands closer to the pitch.
Already answered this a few posts back

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Looking tired ay it.
Yep, if they’re not going to do anything then have a general spruce up/refurbishment. At least provide soap in the SB toilets which is something that constantly irritates me! (I’ve gone from a complete ground redevelopment to can they please fill the soap containers on the morning before a match. In fact filling soap containers is like ground redevelopment - nothing happens :)).

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought there was no money in Scottish football

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it before and I'll say it again

They're running the ground down as to as low a quality as possible so that when they drop the i54 bombshell it'll be a relief, rather than something fans are opposed to.
I doubt it.
When teams usually do that they own the current land and can get good money selling it. Then buy cheaper land to build on.
It would also only be worth while if they though upgrading to a 60k stadium was viable. Which it isn’t.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They're running the ground down as to as low a quality as possible so that when they drop the i54 bombshell it'll be a relief, rather than something fans are opposed to.
Without getting political, it's what's been happening to the NHS for a number of years. Run it to the ground, then people will shrug and say there's nothing left to save.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Its a ground still deemed suitable to host an England international game.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think 20k would be plenty

Attachments

• EFA9A0C9-CC01-40DD-A347-CD2F6E8A429F.jpeg
    EFA9A0C9-CC01-40DD-A347-CD2F6E8A429F.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 69
  • D2792442-2542-4C8B-B6F6-1D83E361D9F7.jpeg
    D2792442-2542-4C8B-B6F6-1D83E361D9F7.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 67

top fox wolf

Reaction score
I think 20k would be plenty
That was for picking the moss off the roof.
Just to go off pice Walsall are being sponsored by poundland next season.......you couldn't make it up anyone remember LESLIE who was on w m radio crying her eyes out after we bet them at the Bescot. she will be upset and ringing daz hale up .

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time I see this thread is still alive, I think to myself: "What flippin' stadium plans?"

Let's face facts: Fosun has no plans to do anything remotely significant regarding the stadium any time in the foreseeable future. The dream of a significantly revamped Molineux is just that - a dream... a mirage.

This thread just serves to torture us long-suffering legacy fans with the vague possibility of something happening on the stadium redevelopment front when it simply ain't in the offing.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time I see this thread is still alive, I think to myself: "What flippin' stadium plans?"

Let's face facts: Fosun has no plans to do anything remotely significant regarding the stadium any time in the foreseeable future. The dream of a significantly revamped Molineux is just that - a dream... a mirage.

This thread just serves to torture us long-suffering legacy fans with the vague possibility of something happening on the stadium redevelopment front when it simply ain't in the offing.
This! Just wish Fosun would tell us the situation, or what they genuinely plan to do and when (or not), just be honest. The silence from them on this redevelopment adds to the weight they have lost interest totally. Really disappointing and its demonstrating to me why I fear they are losing interest in us full stop, and just happy for us to tick over. A new stadium development with increased capacity and non matchday revenue increased massively would benefit all parties. And Fosuns lack of progress on this is making me question their long term commitment to the club.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
This! Just wish Fosun would tell us the situation, or what they genuinely plan to do and when (or not), just be honest. The silence from them on this redevelopment adds to the weight they have lost interest totally. Really disappointing and its demonstrating to me why I fear they are losing interest in us full stop, and just happy for us to tick over. A new stadium development with increased capacity and non matchday revenue increased massively would benefit all parties. And Fosuns lack of progress on this is making me question their long term commitment to the club.
Your post sums up my feelings exactly. It will be interesting to see if Jeff gives an update at the soon to be aired Ask Wolves session.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your post sums up my feelings exactly. It will be interesting to see if Jeff gives an update at the soon to be aired Ask Wolves session.
The update from Jeff will be that its still on their agenda but not priority, or something like that. Which, to me, is a total non answer, and emphasises nothing will happen.

i want to hear when it will start, what is the timescale, or just what parameters will be needed to press ‘go’ on the whole project.

it maybe down to Anglo/Chinese relations at the moment, it maybe because they wanted to build at i54, it maybe because they are waiting to buy Asda and build there so it doesnt disrupt match days at Molineux. Its probably because they simply dont want to invest at all. But be HONEST Jeff.

But not saying anything, when other clubs openly announce plans to build new stands, and progress with them, while we stay silent and do nothing is disappointing.

Two years ago Wolves were the most exciting project in European football. Looks like we peaked too soon.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were pretty clear last summer it wasn't happening

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't need a new bigger stadium.....Jeff will say he read the 'modern football thread' and the so called fans are dropping like flies ...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

What non-match day revenue increases?

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
The new NB made it impossible without rebuilding either the North or South Bank. I remember Morgan saying at some point that they considered it when looking at different options to expand Molineux but decided against it for reasons I forget or he didn’t explain.
My recollection is that Morgan was looking quite seriously at this option but the main reason they couldn't pursue it was that there just wasn't time between seasons to get it done properly, drainage & under pitch heating would've taken months to sort out before the new pitch could be laid out and seeded. It might be possible these days with advances in technology. In fact in many stadiums the front row is a good couple of feet below pitch level in any case.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

My recollection is that Morgan was looking quite seriously at this option but the main reason they couldn't pursue it was that there just wasn't time between seasons to get it done properly, drainage & under pitch heating would've taken months to sort out before the new pitch could be laid out and seeded. It might be possible these days with advances in technology. In fact in many stadiums the front row is a good couple of feet below pitch level in any case.
There is under soil heating and a drainage system that stores water elsewhere for use.

Back
Top Bottom