Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So... Who's renewing?

TalFerox

Reaction score
In the light of our capitulation, I'm anticipating a major reduction in that season ticket waiting list queue.
Many in the pub, terraces and online are threatening to not return next term.

Where do you stand?

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
I'll be renewing, know quite a few that aren't though!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lucky enough to be able to afford to renew, and will do so.

Just a supporter, like many on here, who has seen A LOT worse than this.

Training on the car park, anyone?

Of course I could decide to renew Sky, buy a red (or blue) shirt, watch "good" teams win nearly all their games, and change my ageing flesh to plastic. Or maybe not.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Not sure. Don't know how much more sideways passing I can take.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I started my season ticket journey in the old 3rd division, followed by decades of false promise in the championship, a couple of brief flirtations in the premier league, back to the third tier and now seen Fosun give me the absolute best years and best set of players. Absolutely I’m renewing. People who have to give up because of financial reasons absolutely get my full respect but those chucking their dolls out their pram because we’re 8th in the premier league need to give their heads a wobble

worc_wolf

Reaction score
I started my season ticket journey in the old 3rd division, followed by decades of false promise in the championship, a couple of brief flirtations in the premier league, back to the third tier and now seen Fosun give me the absolute best years and best set of players. Absolutely I’m renewing. People who have to give up because of financial reasons absolutely get my full respect but those chucking their dolls out their pram because we’re 8th in the premier league need to give their heads a wobble
Think it's more to do with the fact these players are walking around on a football pitch with zero effort rather than league position.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's more to do with the fact these players are walking around on a football pitch with zero effort rather than league position.
Performances haven’t been great (obviously) but it’s a myth there’s no effort in there. Do players like Coady, Moutinho, Neves, Johnny give any sort of inkling they aren’t putting effort in? They’re exceptionally professional guys

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Financial for me guys I'm out, a few lads on here know why, Steve bulls knee, reans etc.
I'll be getting a membership. I'll be happy with 5 or 6 games. Watch the rest on the amazon stick. Still love the club of course.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll renew but happily be part of any protests/action if people decide to do something if prices go up (as unlikely as it is).

I’m local so appreciate I don’t have the same travel issues that could force some away but the 90 minutes is always only part of what is otherwise a good day.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I shall shortly renew my Membership, as I support this club through thick and thin, and knowing people didn't give us a cat in hells chance in being IN CONTENTION for Europe once the 1st ball was kicked, I would have SNPPAED YOUR HAND OFF for at least 8th place!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm renewing. I've come to the realisation that I'll have to every season or face going to the bottom of the waiting lost.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not renewing, nothing to do with the football just the cost of living

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
In the light of the current cost of living crisis I think many people will want to see some positive intent from the club before renewing .Obviously many still will but the club has to show some intent to convince others.Fans don’t tend to swap their allegiance to another club but it doesn’t guarantee they will buy a season ticket when games are available on various platforms.
I have a mate who due to ill health can’t afford his season ticket because he can’t work ,and for the last 5 years since the promotion season I have paid for half of his season ticket .Luckily I can afford to do so but many can’t and the club has to temper any proposed increases in prices against a backcloth of the current economic climate .
If there is to be an increase no doubt there will be spin to say our prices are competitive but not all fans have the same economic circumstances.Time will tell what they do .

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comes down to price for me, if there's not such demand then easier to get tickets on the day and go to 12 home games and 5 away a season. Would like to see owners who run the club sustainably and competitively. It's leaning towards the former at the moment.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree with you...should be 2 options for not renewing.... financial (understandable) or fickle...

Feel sorry for people who have to travel, cost etc etc but would love to be what % of fans who don't renew jumped on the bandwagon with half season tickets in the championship winning season.....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Performances haven’t been great (obviously) but it’s a myth there’s no effort in there. Do players like Coady, Moutinho, Neves, Johnny give any sort of inkling they aren’t putting effort in? They’re exceptionally professional guys
Jonny didn't against Brighton, but yeah the rest try as much as they ever have they have either come to the end of their shelf life or are just gone a bit stale.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jonny didn't against Brighton, but yeah the rest try as much as they ever have they have either come to the end of their shelf life or are just gone a bit stale.
I'm really not sure with Jonny against Brighton whether the issue was mental or fitness. Never seen him like that before.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ticket prices isn't the issue for me. The attitude of the club is. I haven't decided what I'll do yet, but at the moment I feel that letting it go is the most likely.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'm really not sure with Jonny against Brighton whether the issue was mental or fitness. Never seen him like that before.
Yeah he could have been blowing, he was the only one I really noticed who looked noticeably like he wasn't giving it his all (and only really towards the end of the game). It was, and has always been, a lack of quality to break into the top 6 and I don't say that in a negative way really, being an average (i.e top 8-12) premier league football means you are really, really good.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ticket prices isn't the issue for me. The attitude of the club is. I haven't decided what I'll do yet, but at the moment I feel that letting it go is the most likely.
Did you renew in the Moxey years? I’d say the attitude of the club is significantly better than the near two decades under his stewardship

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll renew but happily be part of any protests/action if people decide to do something if prices go up (as unlikely as it is).

I’m local so appreciate I don’t have the same travel issues that could force some away but the 90 minutes is always only part of what is otherwise a good day.
I must say the prices are ridiculous.

It's not a Wolves centric criticism (although they are by no means exempt from blame). The price of football is ludicrous

Then again, I'll probably pay it.

So I'm a moron

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you renew in the Moxey years? I’d say the attitude of the club is significantly better than the near two decades under his stewardship
Although ironically the under-performance did keep the ticket prices down. The biggest rise that l can remember came in the Dave Jones PL season. Thankfully l had "earlybirded".

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the light of the current cost of living crisis I think many people will want to see some positive intent from the club before renewing .Obviously many still will but the club has to show some intent to convince others.Fans don’t tend to swap their allegiance to another club but it doesn’t guarantee they will buy a season ticket when games are available on various platforms.
I have a mate who due to ill health can’t afford his season ticket because he can’t work ,and for the last 5 years since the promotion season I have paid for half of his season ticket .Luckily I can afford to do so but many can’t and the club has to temper any proposed increases in prices against a backcloth of the current economic climate .
If there is to be an increase no doubt there will be spin to say our prices are competitive but not all fans have the same economic circumstances.Time will tell what they do .
Well said. One would hope their is sufficient good will to not bump up prices this season, but it's doubtful.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I must say the prices are ridiculous.

It's not a Wolves centric criticism (although they are by no means exempt from blame). The price of football is ludicrous

Then again, I'll probably pay it.

So I'm a moron
Yeah, it is just the free market in action unfortunately. It is probably better economics to have a % of your ground free if your higher prices make up for it. That is how an investment firm works, they will have galaxy brain economists and actuaries working for them who assess us purely as an asset. "Just business".

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't have a season ticket for some of those years, I just bought tickets as a Member, mainly because until 2018 I lived 150 miles away (now it's 11) and didn't always have the time or the means to make the journey. But I never considered not buying tickets because of Moxey.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't have a season ticket for some of those years, I just bought tickets as a Member, mainly because until 2018 I lived 150 miles away (now it's 11) and didn't always have the time or the means to make the journey. But I never considered not buying tickets because of Moxey.
Fair enough

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
The club treat fans like customers so I've got no issues with anyone who decides that the quality of the 'product' on the pitch has diminished and doesn't renew. Particularly if the prices go up AGAIN.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although ironically the under-performance did keep the ticket prices down. The biggest rise that l can remember came in the Dave Jones PL season. Thankfully l had "earlybirded".
Cheap product cheap price. Unfortunately (and I totally get it) the price this summer has to match the product we get next year.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said. One would hope their is sufficient good will to not bump up prices this season, but it's doubtful.
Putting prices up last season was tone deaf. Putting them up this season would really test loyalty. I'm thankfully not in a position where l have to worry about paying the bills if l buy a ST. I am conscious though that many may well be in current times. The ST waiting list is deceptive too as many of those on it are in the same boat.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
All depends on how much the price rise is. If it's a substantial increase, I can't see myself renewing- certainly based upon the enjoyment of this season.

Back
Top Bottom