Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton Verdict

paxrax

Groupie
Reaction score
the buck stops with the management and coaching of our club.

we know for certain that the majority of players out there today are more than capable of playing a hell of a lot better.

the coaching and game plan is dross.

the support from our owners is no better.

lage needs to go.

fosun need to decide what they want.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said in the pre-match that I wasn't too bothered, that I could predict the pattern and just wanted to get to the summer to see how the squad would be overhauled. It was implied that that was a miserable post and I wouldn't be invited to someone's party. ;). Well, it was as bad, no it was worse than I expected.
Games over the last couple of months from a team that has displayed nothing but cowardice in the face of fans' expectations has knocked the stuffing out of me and left an apathy. I'm not mad at yet another predictable 'on the beach', couldn't care less performance; I don't feel anything. **** 'em! If they are not bothered about me and other fans; why should I care about them.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got **** owners and a a **** manager.

I'd suggest that we are in real trouble next season.

Thankfully, we are not the only ones. And a lot of the others are even ******** than ours.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Three words - dog ####, again.

Got to admit, I'm already dreading the Norwich game and fully expect us to lose it. But I guess it'll be my last chance to see Neves play for Wolves at Molineux... (and perhaps Jimenez)

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Couldn’t put it better myself and very much how I feel currently with this squad.

Sure, the times are way better than we have had it in the not so distant past, but we’re currently stagnating.

I don’t see any leaders in this squad, hence why when we go a goal down we don’t get back into games. I also don’t see any game changers, which is equally worrying.

Some big decisions needed in the summer. Hope the club make the right ones.

I agree,

I think any manager would struggle with the squad we have.

The squad has stagnated, there are some good players in the squad no doubt, like all organisations things benefit from personal moving on and new ideas implemented.

The worrying thing for me is without podence we have no creativity.... unfortunately we get a fully fit Podence for half the season.

We could do with a number of new faces just to freshen up.

I'll give Bruno the benefit of the doubt with this squad.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woeful performance no doubt IMO
Look at the bigger picture
We will still finish 8th which is very good but in the same breath disappointing as we could have should have got at least 7th

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
What an absolute shambles.

There are so many things I don't know where to start.

Saiss 3 absolutely brainless defending for the first pen. Pre-VAR probably getting away with it almost every time, not now though. Did try hard late on, including dribbling across the area.

Boly 3, love the guy, but fairly typical lackadaisical running across the back of a player. Such a rock at his best, but looked half-hearted today.

Coady 4 the yellow showed how little faith he has in his own ability to recover once he's done. Love him as a leader, but there was no indication today that anyone cared.

Sa 6, probably the only one to come out without blame.

Semedo 5, did OK until injured, but doesn't really drive at the opposition enough in the system we played.

RAN 5 so much potential, so little end product.

Mouts 4, so much respect for him, but nowhere near today.

Neves 6, decent first half, but if the plan was always to take him off that's bonkers.

Silva 5, he's become the anti-scapegoat on here. Yes he tried hard, but what did he actually achieve?

Hwang 6/4, the actual scapegoat, OK nothing came off for him first half, but was heavily involved and did get ua up the pitch. Traditionally ineffective in a 3 second half.

Neto 4,he'll be good next season I'm sure, we just have to wait for then....

Raul 3,sorry I loved you Raul, but you've returned a silly, petty and useless striker. Thanks for some great times, but if that's all you've got we need to move on.

Jonny 4,the one bright spark of recent weeks, but as they ran past his gentle jog in the build up for the third I knew there was nobody left who really cared.

Which (sorry to say it) can only lead to the conclusion that if none of these players (who we know are all far better than they showed today) can be bothered, or have lost belief in what they are doing, there's only one guy to carry the can. It's a shame, he seems like a good guy, maybe that's the problem.

EDIT, sorry, left Dendoncker 1/3 out, I'm not his biggest critic, he is literally useless playing on the right of a midfield 3. There must have been a plan to move him inside when Neves had to go, but who thinks that was a good idea? Slightly less useless playing in the middle (but only slightly).

Last edited:

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said before the game
You cannot drop Jonny
Dendocker, Hwang and Saiss should not start
Bruno us to blame for that
For me I want to give Bruno a chance next season with the financial backing of Fosun to get the players he wants
Over to you Fosun

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely horrendous, but I can’t say I’m really that surprised. It has been coming, imo. Our luck has run out, there was only so far we could get with Sa pulling off heroics to get points.

Every single game is difficult to watch, even when we win. It’s crap. Today was so half ***** it is inexcusable from every single one of them. Absolutely gutless, no bottle or passion at all. Pathetic.

Forced to play an unfit Neves because we have no alternatives, yet we had Scott Sellars preaching to us about not needing an experienced midfielder because then Cundle wouldn’t get a chance. ****ing melt.

Having said that, you cannot play Leaner Dendoncker, a defensive midfielder/centre back, in a hybrid attacking midfielder/right wing role and expect anything other than an absolute ****ing shambles of a performance.

Roll on the end of the season, I would be surprised if we got more the 2 points from the remaining fixtures. Jeff needs to get this summer right because things can very quickly unravel in this league.

Bruno, have a long look at yourself too. When we started the season I was sceptical but was won over with the performances despite the losses early on. What we’ve seen pretty much since then is cowardly, boring football. Getting home from games we’ve played **** in to hear you say we controlled it. No goals scored in nearly half of our games. Lost every game bar one that we’ve gone behind in, not even come back for a point! Pathetic.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was thinking the same. We need a massive refresh everywhere. Including everybody’s golden boy Coady.
I've thought for some time, how the devil can a player with such passion and drive allow the spiritless performances to continue
under his onfield command? It spawns ideas of massive changes in ownership and continuity etc that answer the question more easily than any other explanation can.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno saying we only had two in midfield when we took Neves off as no one else. Excuse me Bruno but didnt you say you totally trusted in Luke Cundle a couple of months back and hadnt signed a midfielder in January as a result or am I dreaming that up!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton well coached and a game plan with a team believing in the manager. Total opposite under Lage

Yet on their forum, it's not that different to here. Many fans want him gone. Apparently they have "lucked there way to 9th" and will be in big trouble next season. Some are asking for him to be replaced by a "proper 20 goals a season manager" :D

R

reanswolf

Brighton well coached and a game plan with a team believing in the manager. Total opposite under Lage
Nail on head..........a team being built over a period of time incrementally...........a team with purpose, skill, flair.............and a game plan.
Miles ahead of us.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My brother has a season ticket but only makes half the games and the odd away game. This season he has been to ten matches and seen nine defeats and four goals. Sums it up

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My brother has a season ticket but only makes half the games and the odd away game. This season he has been to ten matches and seen nine defeats and four goals. Sums it up
Wow, feel for him....that is shocking!!!

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 shot on goal at home

Useless
Won't get another point now this term

Were seen as points in the bag by everyone

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This if correct would very well explain why this has turned into a shambles and why both Raul and Jonny on the bench today. Something gone wrong behind the scenes here and badly wrong.
Also might explain Raul looking like he couldn’t care less.

Milijas

Reaction score
Terrible. I actually thought Dendonker wasnt the worst of it today, seen him play worse which says alot.

Rayan was absolutely awful. Seen 2 corners minutes a part not beat the first man. Then the was the one too many turns in the box and fall over on 2 occasions. Poorest distribution I've seen..

Whilst on the topic of set pieces we are bloody awful the corners never find boly or saiss anymore which is part of the reason we ain't scoring and then there was moutinhos free kick today.. straight at the wall.

If the big 6 don't go for ward prowse he would be my priority and if that meant selling Raul, coady, whoever I would.. but probably out of our league.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible. I actually thought Dendonker wasnt the worst of it today, seen him play worse which says alot.

Rayan was absolutely awful. Seen 2 corners minutes a part not beat the first man. Then the was the one too many turns in the box and fall over on 2 occasions. Poorest distribution I've seen..

Whilst on the topic of set pieces we are bloody awful the corners never find holy or saiss anymore which is part of the reason we ain't scoring and then there was moutinhos free kick today.. straight at the wall.

If the big 6 don't go for ward prowse he would be my priority and if that meant selling Raul, coady, whoever I would.. but probably out of our league.
I think RAN will be sold this summer. He is outstanding at beating a man but his final ball makes Adama look like Trent. Saying that he’s one of the few id keep but just a feeling he’ll be off.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK it was **** poor, no doubt about it.

But I really don't see the point of getting shot of the manager at this stage. He needs to make the squad his in the summer, big clear out is needed.

But again I will take 15th next even now.

We can't keep going from season to season with no goal scorers.

Back
Top Bottom