Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton Verdict

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stagnation is the key word.

We have players who are largely not motivated to play for a tactically-limited coach who was hired on the cheap by a board that are more interested in bean-counting than any genuine ambition to move to the next level. A squad whose best players are either ageing or eyeing a move away, with few genuinely exciting young stars, who play slow turgid football and have been broadly figured out by most opposition teams.

A wholesale breaking up of the squad is required in the Summer, or we are going to be in the same situation as last year - making up the numbers at best, or sleepwalking into the relegation dogfight at worst.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually, I’m starting to consider that this embarrassing loss might have a silver lining.

Everybody, …..and I mean everybody at Wolves can’t stick their head in the sand any longer and must address any or all problems before next season, be it players or coaching.
Lage is an adequate PL coach…that’s all.……mid level quality.

Last edited:

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this result and performance doesn’t prove to FOSUN that we require a massive shakeup to the squad they can sell up!

We have been abject against Leeds (second half), Newcastle, Burnley and now mighty Brighton. No goals in 315 minutes and hardly any shots on goal.

Bruno has some explaining to do about yet another awful performance. Tell it like it is please Bruno because your job is very much on the line!

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought Donk honestly looked like the only one that was bothered in the second half.
What I said wasn’t based solely on today to be fair, as others have said I think we need a refresh, especially in their positions.

Silva, Neves, Sa and Neto are the only ones that looked ***** to me today.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Doesn't bode well finishing a season with a number of defeats, players leaving with a manager in his first season and trying to attract new players in. These type of performances are relegation form and need sorting quick !!!!

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Woeful performance, the players ought to pay for everyone of our ST next year, just awful

MontyR

Reaction score
I didn’t watch the match but I see Fabio and Neves getting the highest rating, but both being subbed at half time. What happened?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has something happened behind the scenes because that looked like a group of players who weren't playing for their manager? Like it has been said before we can accept defeats but these last three games have been nothing short of a disgrace Lage and the players should be soooooo embarrassed by it as we have shown ZERO ability to even test our opposition who are all below us in the table....

I worry about how things are going for Lage he is making so many mistakes and the side is getting worse week by week... So unorganised with no plan/idea going forward and it's just getting worse....

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely shocking , Brighton were everything we should have been , thoroughly deserved win which could have been 6 if it weren’t for sa, looked like we were already on the beach and that’s the only way this lot is getting into Europe , no desire , no tactics and the lack of effort to chase back was unbelievable, the set up needs a total revamp because to many of these have got there feet under the table , apart from sa and Neto who get a 6/7 the rest I’d struggle to give a 4 , the manager just amazes me with some of his selections and to play donk on right wing shows his lack of belief in the likes of chiquino who as shown more effort in his cameos than all of that lot today , if shi thinks this will sell season tickets then he needs to smell the coffee , massive overhaul required or god help us next year ,

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Shout what you like there will still be the same old **** next season. Jeff won’t push Lage out, who half decent would come to Molineux with these no hopers. I can forgive losing if the team has tried. I wouldn’t pay them.
No skill
No ambition
No hope.
Vote with your Season Ticket next time.
I can remember feeling just a bit like this when the Bhattis were here.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton were excellent. Well-drilled, enthusiastic (once they realised we were there for the taking), quick passing, clever, no theatrics or time-wasting, just there to win. And the score could easily have been 5 or 6 if not for Sa.

Wolves... well, I watched a team come apart at the seams today. No plan whatsoever, no faith in each other or their manager, the usual gaping hole ahead of the midfield, no class or intelligence (especially at the back). Aside from a 10-15 minute period in the second half, every player (apart from Neto) was looking for the safe back pass. Unacceptable.

If Bruno gets his marching orders he can have no complaints, this is an atrocious run that is gaining downward velocity at a critical rate.

We're about to enter our fifth consecutive year of Premier League, with no debt. If Fosun want to protect their investment, this summer needs to be one of root-and-branch overhaul, because there are at least six players in this squad who have reached the end of the line.

Buck stops with Lage, though. Everything has unravelled, and there wasn't a single player apart from Neto who looked up for it.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
If Fosun want to build a brand and get more fans then they need to replace Bruno and get their wallet out. We are going backwards very quickly.
Who wants to watch this drivel?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I didn’t watch the match but I see Fabio and Neves getting the highest rating, but both being subbed at half time. What happened?

Think it was agreed Neves would play 45 (which makes the decision to start Dendoncker even crazier).

Fabio, I can’t answer unless he was injured. Been our best player the last 2 games and the first taken off.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst performance of the season, worst for many many seasons. Players attitude was disgraceful. Wouldn’t lose sleep if any of them moved on this summer.
Was thinking the same. We need a massive refresh everywhere. Including everybody’s golden boy Coady.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Sick to the back teeth with the same old players being picked regardless of how ****e they play. Saiss, Donk, Hwang to name a few. Hooking Silva again despite being one of the "better" players lately. Toti, Chiquinho, Neto on the bench yet again. Bruno just doesn't learn...at all. Been lucky Sa has been awesome this season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive questions need to be asked of Jeff, Sellars, and Fosun about their (lack of) vision and future of the club.

This squad needs a massive overhaul in summer, the culmination of four seasons without proper investment coming home to roost.

Totally agree. This summer is massive.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady was embarrassing today,
All he is doing is holding us back. Take away his dazzling personality and he’s a nothing player. I don’t believe he actually organises anywhere near as much as people think either. Just because you’re vocal it doesn’t mean what you’re saying is useful. He constantly screams for the ball played back to him regardless of our position, he epitomises our safety first approach

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
However bad that was, it wasn't as bad as 0-4 to Burnley under Nuno

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 ****ing right wingers on the bench and he plays dendoncker there.
You can point at our lack of investment all you like, but there are no excuses for that.

I wouldn't be disappointed if lage was gone tonight.

This I agree with as well. Fosun and Shi deserve scrutiny but Lage's tactics etc today were a disgrace. He aint the answer in my opinion.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t watch the game but a quick look at the stats and comments on here and other places show that we got no reaction in the 2nd half at all. Goal down, must win game and no reaction. That’s down to the manager and the senior pros at the club.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least we "opened ourselves up" a bit. The result shows why we didn't do that before and should never do it again - not with this squad, anyway.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 ****ing right wingers on the bench and he plays dendoncker there.
You can point at our lack of investment all you like, but there are no excuses for that.

I wouldn't be disappointed if lage was gone tonight.
Chiquinho is the only player I’ve seen play with any kind of effort and drive in a long time and he doesn’t get a look in.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

It’s pretty damn close :)

Spared only by the fact that we let Chris Wood score a hat-trick in that game.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely something has happened behind the scenes that we are unaware of.
Over the last 3 games LLL and never looked like scoring.
Has Bruno lost the dressing room?
Have the players given up on him?!
Has he been given an ultimation or he's out?!
The difference between our performance at Old Trafford and what we've witnessed following that, is TOTALLY baffling!!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been supportive of Bruno. That was ****ing appalling. I am beginning to wonder if he does know what he is doing. Why take Fabio off. I hope we have seen the last of Boly, Saiss, Hwang, Coady, Raul and possibly Mouts.
Absolutely no fight, no bottle and no flair. We made Brighton look like the best team in the world.
MGW should be shoe in with Toti Gomes.
Football is a simple game made difficult by RAN, Hwang etc
We need to play Cundle and Toti for the remaining games. Maybe Chen Campbell even
I had to put up with comments of the genius that is Gary Birtles. Sadly, he was mostly right
Only good point was that Burnley won.
My son and grandson left when Hwang was booked. They are avid fans. The gate money should be refunded. A huge spend and overhaul needed or we're in a relegation battle next season.
Over to you Big Jeff.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was scarily similar. Though in fairness, Brighton are an all round much better footballing team than that Burnley one. Making Burnley look like Barca has to be worse than making Brighton look like Barca.

Back
Top Bottom