Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

22/23 season ticket prices

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
its inevitable that prices will go up. inflation will hit 10% or more this year. i expect at least 5% increase. i realise that many fans are suffering due to rising costs but the club won't be immune. so, those who have already spoken of no rise or reductions are likely to be disappointed

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The good old days when we was happy to stand in falling down ground with 5k in attendance, ankle deep in ****, dodging the bricks, watching a pub team.. .....nw after 4 years in the fancy league....we want brand new facilities, millions spent on the team, European football every season and we only want to pay £300 a year for it.........

(By the way it's in jest...the cost of living will make a lot of people struggle)....

R

reanswolf

I understand the cost of football has changed and the realities, but I think we now have about the 6th highest 'cheapest adult ST' in the Country, if we have another season of not spending anything then I will think about paying again as its crippling. Especially if the price increases.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
A question for those on ST waiting list, were any of u offered 1 last year but turned it down?? If so could you still stay at the top of the list for this year?? My friend was just over 10000 last year but has come down to 6000 this season, my other friends was 3000 and git his tkt this season

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand the cost of football has changed and the realities, but I think we now have about the 6th highest 'cheapest adult ST' in the Country, if we have another season of not spending anything then I will think about paying again as its crippling. Especially if the price increases.
The problem with comparing cheapest tickets available is that some clubs offer a small section of tickets at a lower price so they can state their ST prices are FROM £X amount.

It’d be like Wolves offering a few hundred in the Graham Hughes stand at say £409 instead of £549, we’d then only be 13th on that list. It wouldn’t help the 99% that don’t buy in that area.

You’re better off comparing specific areas of the ground. Granted we probably still don’t come out exactly cheap but at least it’s a more accurate comparison.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't hold your breath mate.

Even a freeze will price some out. I'm on the verge of such myself. Travel down from Cumbria now and the travel cost alone is 60 odd quid.

I expect a slight rise to accumulate a couple of measly million that will achieve nothing other than preventing a percentage from being able to continue attending. And in a few years time when the atmosphere is turgid, they'll be scratching their head as to why.
Cumbria?! **** me, that's almost abroad!

I feel sorry for myself coming down from Sheffield and that's £25 on the train and maybe a bit more in the car now for night games.

Totally agree about your last paragraph; it'd be so short-sighted though.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is incorrect. Members have to specifically sign onto the waiting list.

I must have done that at some point and forgotten about it then. You must be automatically kept on it when you renew, as I can’t remember doing it this season? Can’t remember what happened last week though to be fair!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It disappoints me that the club have introduced a relationship between success and ticket prices. I understand that this is at the route of consumerism, but it's simply bloody expensive to watch the team I love.

I'll have a very difficult decision if I ever get to the top of the waiting list

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I'll renew regardless of investment in the side.

My issue is that we, like almost every other club in the PL and the Championship, charge obscene prices to watch obscenely remunerated players play football. The game now is beyond the means of anyone in the 'gig economy' or low wages; the days of working class folk earning decent wages has gone and football, rather than adapt to that new reality, has gone instead for those of us on relatively comfortable wages to supplement their tele millions.

It's all a bit depressing to be honest - football having a wider base isn't a problem at all but pricing out your lads and lasses from Bilston, Rugeley, Whitmore Reans (and anyone else stuggling wherever) and the like is a shame. People wonder about the atmosphere - look no further than this phenomenon.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cumbria?! **** me, that's almost abroad!

I feel sorry for myself coming down from Sheffield and that's £25 on the train and maybe a bit more in the car now for night games.

Totally agree about your last paragraph; it'd be so short-sighted though.
£25??? That sounds like great value! I’m 112 miles from Wolvo and it’s now £62 return and just over 3 hours as it takes 3 or 4 trains. There’s a replacement bus between Watford and Brum for the Brighton game and so it would be over 4 hours and still £62.

I can drive it in just over 2 hours and, even with diesel at nigh on £8 per gallon, I can do it for less than £30 so it’s a no brainer for me.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

My issue is that we, like almost every other club in the PL and the Championship, charge obscene prices to watch obscenely remunerated players play football. The game now is beyond the means of anyone in the 'gig economy' or low wages; the days of working class folk earning decent wages has gone and football, rather than adapt to that new reality, has gone instead for those of us on relatively comfortable wages to supplement their tele millions.

It's all a bit depressing to be honest - football having a wider base isn't a problem at all but pricing out your lads and lasses from Bilston, Rugeley, Whitmore Reans (and anyone else stuggling wherever) and the like is a shame. People wonder about the atmosphere - look no further than this phenomenon.
Sadly, I couldn’t agree more regarding your last two paras, especially the last one.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A question for those on ST waiting list, were any of u offered 1 last year but turned it down?? If so could you still stay at the top of the list for this year?? My friend was just over 10000 last year but has come down to 6000 this season, my other friends was 3000 and git his tkt this season

In July last year I had an email saying that if I didn’t renew my membership I’d lose my place on the ST list

In August I was offered a ST but didn’t buy one (circumstances didn’t allow). They didn’t say I’d drop down the list by refusing one and since have been informed that I’ve moved up due to people above me buying a ST/previous members not renewing their membership.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In July last year I had an email saying that if I didn’t renew my membership I’d lose my place on the ST list

In August I was offered a ST but didn’t buy one (circumstances didn’t allow). They didn’t say I’d drop down the list by refusing one and since have been informed that I’ve moved up due to people above me buying a ST/previous members not renewing their membership.
What number are you now?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you’re a member joining the waiting list is just a case of pressing a button!
I’m on the list but wouldn’t be able to take a ticket in the near future. Just got on list in case circumstances are different in a couple of years time,
(Bit like a 15 year old with no girlfriend buying a condom!)
I've been there, my friend!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£25??? That sounds like great value! I’m 112 miles from Wolvo and it’s now £62 return and just over 3 hours as it takes 3 or 4 trains. There’s a replacement bus between Watford and Brum for the Brighton game and so it would be over 4 hours and still £62.

I can drive it in just over 2 hours and, even with diesel at nigh on £8 per gallon, I can do it for less than £30 so it’s a no brainer for me.
Split tickets at Derby = £25ish. No complaints about that to be fair, seems about right. If I sack off the Derby/Brum thing and go via Stockport (there's a great City pub near the station) then it's £60ish.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m not sure I agree with this. It gets said a lot but when I look round at fellow wolves fans in the South bank it looks a very working class demographic to me. Same as when people talk about ageing fans, I reckon 50% of the folk in the south bank are under 30

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure I agree with this. It gets said a lot but when I look round at fellow wolves fans in the South bank it looks a very working class demographic to me. Same as when people talk about ageing fans, I reckon 50% of the folk in the south bank are under 30
Isn't the South Bank reasonably priced?

If I remember rightly they did everyone else in the ground with big rises but kept the SB relatively cheap.

Might change a lot next season...

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If I remember rightly they did everyone else in the ground with big rises but kept the SB relatively cheap.

More “ifs and mights” ………

R

reanswolf

The problem with comparing cheapest tickets available is that some clubs offer a small section of tickets at a lower price so they can state their ST prices are FROM £X amount.

It’d be like Wolves offering a few hundred in the Graham Hughes stand at say £409 instead of £549, we’d then only be 13th on that list. It wouldn’t help the 99% that don’t buy in that area.

You’re better off comparing specific areas of the ground. Granted we probably still don’t come out exactly cheap but at least it’s a more accurate comparison.
Very good post.

R

reanswolf

Yeah I agree with this. Good post. Just think we are at a tipping point price wise. Fans might not be able to take a further increase.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree about the working class bit, when I exit the subway I often look around me and try to anticipate who will veer left and who will go straight on and I’m probably right 90% of the time. I go in different stands at different times and the SB is VERY different to the others.

I don’t know which section of the SB you go in but I usually go in S1/S2 and I’d say the average age is late 30s with plenty 40+ and 50+.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was approx £550 this season (for existing ST holders) although worth remembering that everyone had a rebate of over £100 last summer, had just had 18 months of no pubs, eating out or foreign holidays and the cost of food, energy bills and fuel was considerably lower.

I won’t speculate on next seasons prices as none of us know what they will be, but even if they are frozen it will obviously be a bigger stretch for most people this year. No doubt the majority (like me) will moan and pay it but I don’t think we are many years away from significant numbers jacking in and being replaced by folk on the waiting list.

Last edited:

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s approx £550 this season, although worth remembering that everyone had a rebate of over £100 last summer, had just had 18 months of no pubs, eating out or foreign holidays and the cost of food, energy bills and fuel was considerably lower.

I won’t speculate on next seasons prices as none of us know what they will be, but even if they are frozen it will obviously be a bigger stretch for most people this year. No doubt the majority (like me) will moan and pay it but I don’t think we are many years away from significant numbers jacking in and being replaced by folk on the waiting list.
Agreed.

With regard to the last part of your final sentence there seems to be this idea that there are thousands of people on the waiting list, all desperate for STs and with deep pockets (you are not saying this by the way but it seems to be something that is being suggested by others), which I think is very far from the truth. If the club increases prices too much they will lose STHs and will be unable to replace them, forcing them to rely on game by game sales.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed.

With regard to the last part of your final sentence there seems to be this idea that there are thousands of people on the waiting list, all desperate for STs and with deep pockets (you are not saying this by the way but it seems to be something that is being suggested by others), which I think is very far from the truth. If the club increases prices too much they will lose STHs and will be unable to replace them, forcing them to rely on game by game sales.
Yes agree, I should have said I reckon the first 1500 odd who pack in would get replaced but after that who knows?
I’m obviously speculating but there’s a big difference between paying for a membership to be on the list and actually forking out £600-£800 to buy a ST when the chance comes up.
Again I’m speculating but I reckon there’s some who might pay it for a season then realise it’s a lot of money and not bother again.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It’s approx £550 this season, although worth remembering that everyone had a rebate of over £100 last summer, had just had 18 months of no pubs, eating out or foreign holidays and the cost of food, energy bills and fuel was considerably lower.

Bugger, I think I'd mentally knocked another £100 off thinking the full price was £433, but that is right. I paid £433 this season for a ticket that was actually £549. It's massive in my life and (no offence to anyone) but watching some stream is no replacement. Not sure where my limit is, but not far off that!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a shame they don’t let you open up like a saving cash feature where you can deposit money each month towards season ticket I think this would help many other people budget when it comes to renewing.

£799.92 divided by 12 = £66.66 per month for example and it would leave left over cash for next season. Like a saving scheme for season tickets. Ah Jez Moxey would be all over this with a 10 quid admin fee to boot

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My season ticket has gone from £628 to £733 last season, a further 10% increase will put it over £800.

Not sure how many on the waiting list will be prepared to stump up £800, when you can watch any game you want in the comfort of your armchair.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a shame they don’t let you open up like a saving cash feature where you can deposit money each month towards season ticket I think this would help many other people budget when it comes to renewing.

£799.92 divided by 12 = £66.66 per month for example and it would leave left over cash for next season. Like a saving scheme for season tickets. Ah Jez Moxey would be all over this with a 10 quid admin fee to boot
When Creation did a Wolves credit card you could split the ST bill interest free over 6 months. It was great but they've stopped doing it now. Surely Wolves could do a similar deal with another card company?

Back
Top Bottom