Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle verdict

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
One thing you can say about that crock of ****. Wolves do not want to play in Europe. If I had any say I wouldn’t pay them for that performance. The lot of them including Lage should be prosecuted under the trades descriptions act.
Poor passing
Poor choices
No ambition
No skill.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Sa 5
Awful decison to come for the pen. Didn't really have much else to do other than, some of his kicking was dire as well.

Jonny 6
Did ok, ASM did him a few times but always going to and got forward a couple of times.

Kilman 5
Stinker, saved by VAR after goal ruled out and let guys run off him constantly. Looks much better on the right.

Coady 5
Distribution very poor, beat in the air a lot.

Boly 7
Best of the CBs, didn't do much wrong

Marcal 7
Played well, good defensively and put in a brilliant cross that Fabio should have scored.

Moutinho 5
Bossed by Bruno G, rarely passed forwards and dribbled past with ease.

Cundle 5
First half was brutal, as bad as it gets but 2nd half he was ok. Had a big chance to slip Fabio in at the end. Looked better closer to their goal.

Hwang 4
Couple of runs 2nd half were good, but aside from that dire

Fabio 5
Great pass, and a couple of excellent runs. Did ok outside of the box but missed a sitter.

Trincão 3
Disgraceful. Hides constantly, slows down counter attacks because he is glacially slow. Gave the ball away. Was as bad as it gets and not for the first time.

Neto looked sharp when he came on, if he is on at HT we win I think.

Lage didn't really have much choice with the starters (although Jeff tied his hands with midfield) but the lack of subs was inexcusable. Horrific.

Shameful display. To create that little against that Newcastle side is shocking.

If they recruit more players like Bruno then they will be a force though. Absolutely dominated us

WV4 Wolves

Reaction score
It was poor. But plenty of our big players missing.... Neves, Semedo, Raul, Podence, Donc. Plus Ait Nouri and Neto not fit for full match. Put those 6 or 7 is the line up and it's a different story. Not too many options tonight unfortunately. Keep you heads up don't spoil the weekend hopefully some of those out tonight will be back for the next game.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio best and only work was outside the box. Awful striker display tonight

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cowardly, pathetic and abject don't begin to describe that performance. But that's enough about Bruno.

Cundle needs a season in the Championship. Completely out of his depth tonight against one of the worst teams in this league.

Hwang and Trincao can **** off. Basically played with 9 men tonight.

Sa, stupid decision from him.

Everyone else gets a 4.0 from me. Looked like they were on the beach and/or contemplating their next team.

Fen Wolf

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion incoming… I know Jose Sa has statistically had a good season. But his style is not someone I’d be comfortable playing in front of. I play in defence to a reasonable standard (paid to play level) and the only thing defenders want from their keeper is consistency. Patricio was very consistent. As a defender you know what to expect from him. Sa is the total opposite. He’s erratic and makes at least one gaffe per game that has usually been getting away with. Patricio is Portugals number one for a reason, and Sa can’t get in their squad for a reason.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The font three not only find it difficult to score but show littke ability to hold up play .
Newcastle are poor . But if you let them keep coming at you a goal,is likely.
At least Bruno appears a quick learner , we won’t see that three line up again. I hope

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

1) hwang should never play for this football club ever again.

2) whoever signed hwang when we didn’t have to needs sacking

3) Trincao probably has 3 games left at this club

4) whoever thinks these wide players are better than traore need their head checking

5) another game another disgraceful penalty decision. How on earth can that be a penalty! The ball is out of play and he’s not in his natural running motion. Pure cheating and it’s backed up

6) defeat is on Bruno for the disgraceful decision not to sub hwang after 5 minutes let alone 45

7) Bruno guimares is exactly the sort of midfielder we are missing
Absolutely nailed on penalty.

JimB

Groupie
Reaction score
Well at least I’ve moved up the waiting list for a season ticket

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The font three not only find it difficult to score but show littke ability to hold up play .
Newcastle are poor . But if you let them keep coming at you a goal,is likely.
At least Bruno appears a quick learner , we won’t see that three line up again. I hope
Bruno is nowhere near a quick learner. He keeps making the same nonsense mistakes time and time again.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We never ever learn do we?

For 4 ****ing years it's been the same **** against the likes of them and Burnley. We go there, as negative as possible, let them get the crowd on side and go a goal up, then suddenly realise we have better players by which time it's far too late.

I'm absolutely sick to death of it. That was a disgrace tonight, nothing short. Clueless, predictable, but worst of all cowardly. The lack of bravery from anyone willing to get the ball and say look I'm gonna try and make something happen. Whatever you want to throw at Traore, he never ever lacked that. Trincao and Hwang - Wow. I'd happily never see them in a Wolves shirt again. Utterly useless.

And we never even make it difficult for these sort of dross. Newcastle weren't good tonight. They never had to be. They couldn't possibly have wished for an easier game. And after avoiding the most inevitable thing in the world by a gnat's ******* in the first half, what do we do? Stick with the same game plan and wait for that gangling ******* to get his customary goal.

I'm so so fed of performances like this against such opposition. It's exactly what prevented us from CL football in 2019/20. Failing to beat crap like that and barely mustering an attack in the process. And here we are still, falling at the same pathetic hurdle.

T

TheConcourse

The lack of intensity is absolutely staggering at this stage. They rock up like it’s a friendly. Unbelievable.

It’s never a penalty, it’s never been a penalty, it’ll never be a penalty again. Second time in two weeks the attacker initiates contact.

This game ****ing stinks.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Furious with that performance. Can handle us losing if we at least give it a go but that was absolutely cowardly. The only person who comes out with a slither of credit is Fabio.

Could see from the line-up that we were lacking any sort of presence or running power in our midfield. Tough night for Cundle but we took a risk with our transfer activity, or lack of it, in January and have ended up paying the price.

Another moment of craziness from Sa. Distribution from all of the back three was awful. Midfield two passive and overpowered. Both wing-backs really poor on the ball. Trincao anonymous and lightweight. Hwang just isn’t very good.

Baffling team selection and awful use of substitutions from Bruno.

Sa 4
Boly 6
Coady 5
Kilman 4
Jonny 5
Cundle 5
Moutinho 5
Marcal 5
Trincao 4
Fabio 6
Hwang 4

Hugely frustrating as Newcastle really weren’t very good but didn’t need to be. Having put ourselves in a fantastic position league-wise at the end of the January window, this year, whilst ultimately being one of overachievement given our lack of real investment, is still going to go down as a huge missed opportunity.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very very poor. And boring. Sideways and backways with no obvious forward ambition. We still have 5 at the back, but no pace in attack. And I wish we didn't sign Hwang who is, except when he scores, the most invisible player I have ever seen. But mostly this is on Bruno. It feels like we didn't really try.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Never

He forgets how to use his legs and the ball is out of play
He doesn't have to try to avoid Sa, he just carries on running. What has the ball being out of play got to do with anything? Foul is a foul. We once got a pen against Bournemouth after Doherty miss kicked a shot and ball was behind him

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Everything that's been wrong with us this season stretched out over a full 90 minutes. Players and manager equally poor.

If Bruno is constantly analysing videos perhaps it's time he looked at some videos of his subs, which generally come way too late... As a team and manager we need to be more attacking and take our game to the opposition, rather than just sitting back and waiting.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh well, never mind.

Well done Newcastle. You deserved the victory. More bite in the tackle and won every second ball.

We played like a team missing several of our best players. Funny that. Our passing was shocking.

In the first half, we stunk more than Steve McStinky of Stinkyshire. Looking at that image of the disallowed goal I thought it looked onside at first, but then they put the lines on and it was offside. The eyes play tricks on you sometimes. It's like an optical illusion.

The second was a bit better, but still mostly crap. Disappointed in Lage. I thought the changes should have been made much sooner, and well before Newcastle scored. He seemed really angry with the players on the sideline but took forever to change it. Very strange.

No arguments about the penalty this week. Clear and obvious.

Cundle was the man of the match for me. Didn't look out of place, and showed more composure than some of the more senior players. Maybe could have got forward earlier in the match, but I don't know what the game plan was.

Just a sleepless night and two weeks to dwell on it.

Safe travels to the fans who went.

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
Awful performance, so inconsistent and poor management for the subs , hwang and trincao bring nothing to the team , Silva showing good signs but still a lot of developing to do and if he is going to get better than he needs more support than what he got tonight , the changes should have come at half time if not before that , another weekend of misery now , fucxxxng hate Fridays

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another weekend ruined!!!
Dont feel so bad about this one, the other weekend was due to **** reffing. This was purely down to us being totally ****, **** knows what Bruno sees at Compton during the week to have confidence in that team and set up.

Reactions: Ian

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My verdict - the entire team and manager 0

A team who haven’t won against anyone in the top half before tonight, and a team who we have a great recent record against, and we do absolutely nothing. Words don’t describe how pathetic that was. Total disrespect to every Wolves fan there tonight, and every one watching on tv.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Furious with that performance. Can handle us losing if we at least give it a go but that was absolutely cowardly. The only person who comes out with a slither of credit is Fabio.

Could see from the line-up that we were lacking any sort of presence or running power in our midfield. Tough night for Cundle but we took a risk with our transfer activity, or lack of it, in January and have ended up paying the price.

Another moment of craziness from Sa. Distribution from all of the back three was awful. Midfield two passive and overpowered. Both wing-backs really poor on the ball. Trincao anonymous and lightweight. Hwang just isn’t very good.

Baffling team selection and awful use of substitutions from Bruno.

Sa 4
Boly 6
Coady 5
Kilman 4
Jonny 5
Cundle 5
Moutinho 5
Marcal 5
Trincao 4
Fabio 6
Hwang 4

Hugely frustrating as Newcastle really weren’t very good but didn’t need to be. Having put ourselves in a fantastic position league-wise at the end of the January window, this year, whilst ultimately being one of overachievement given our lack of real investment, is still going to go down as a huge missed opportunity.
Crazy from sa? To close the angle?

He doesn’t initiate contact. Woods forgets how to use his legs and goes into sa. It’s an outrageous decision

Back
Top Bottom