Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goal music

Like it?

• Yes

Votes: 69 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 186 72.9%

• Total voters

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me?

I think it is dreadful. Drowns out the natural roar that we are famous for. So many clubs used to mention just how loud Molineux was. I am thinking Utd in the cup, my Manc mate (who is actually from Manchester, shock) said he could not believe how loud the goals was when Raul/Jota scored from the Utd end. You could hear it clearly on the tv, the noise and roar went on and on. Now we have to listen to that. Watching the Villa game back on MOTD, Jonny's goal is fantastic and the noise is incredible, but then within seconds, that music kicks in.

Perhaps I am just not "with it", but having said that, I have not been to any other ground for years where I have heard the opposition have music after a goal. And if I did, personally, I would be labelling it "tinpot".

Thoughts? Not looking to get involved in a spat if people genuinely love it by the way, each to there own. But personally, it has grated me all season - and no, I am not just looking for something to moan about.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the original track.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I loved it at first, Espanol away and all that, but I think its time is probably over now. Having said that it does still bring memories so I’m not fussed either way.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't like it things have moved on and we need to ditch it. I don't think Espanyol even play it any longer.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a laugh for a bit but it's actually a bit embarrassing now. It sounds better away when the music obviously isn't there, but the fans sing it for a bit after we score.

Definitely needs ditching. Espanyol was so long ago, as well. Goal music all feels very Championship-side-who-got-promoted-but-know-they-shouldn't-be-there.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a laugh for a bit but it's actually a bit embarrassing now. It sounds better away when the music obviously isn't there, but the fans sing it for a bit after we score.

Definitely needs ditching. Espanyol was so long ago, as well. Goal music all feels very Championship-side-who-got-promoted-but-know-they-shouldn't-be-there.
This. A nice keepsake from Espanyol for a while, but think time has passed. Needs ditching anyway, but hopefully there’ll be something new to steal next season from a conference backwater.
Don’t see City still Poznanning around do you?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. A nice keepsake from Espanyol for a while, but think time has passed. Needs ditching anyway, but hopefully there’ll be something new to steal next season from a conference backwater.
Not sure if your last sentence was supposed to be "ironic".... If not then, ahem,...

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I saw them do it recently, but your point still stands, they probably now do it once a year.

meeee67

Reaction score
Goals should be celebrated with cheering and a disco

CologneWolf

Reaction score
The current song is god awful IMO. I’d be happy to keep goal music provided if it was actually something served to amp up the crowd and atmosphere. But between what we have now and nothing... nothing.

I know it’s a completely different sport and it’s probably better suited to an Arena but All 32 NHL teams have goal music. Some are great, Arizona and Dallas for example.
Most are okay and then only a few really terrible. Looking at you Carolina Hurricanes! Chelsea dagger gets a run out with Chicago, always a crowd pleaser.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No problem with it and actually think it extends the goal celebration and the younger fans love it ……it’s not all about the traditionalists ,… has been voted by other fans on a few YouTube sites as best goal music in the Prem

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
It smacks of "Have you heard what the supporters are chanting after the goal, check out what it is on Shazaam and get it up on Spotify.......oh **** Covid.....oh **** games behind closed doors...... great supporters back.....where's that goal music we've been dying to play, yeah I know its been two years but I've been waiting for this for ages..... they'll love me for it!"

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might depend on where you are in the ground. Everyone in the Quad seems to love dancing in front of the away fans to it.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful and embarrassing. It actually mutes my celebration once it starts.
Then again, most around me seem to like it so maybe I'm in the minority.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
Keep it gewin.Why the hell do we have to bin it cuz no other big club does goal music.Put some bloody buds in ya ears if ya dow like it.
or we could just not score goals,ha ha ha.although we seem to have tried that and i did`nt like it.not too fussed either way on the goal music but do agree it looks poor when a goal gets disallowed

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love it personally, its tongue in cheek, a nice memory from our last Euro campaign, think we should keep it til a natural replacement comes along...

T

TheConcourse

I like the song and I think Podence should keep it as his little track.

But beyond getting ****ed up in Barca there’s little to no affinity with it at all. Play it before the game.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The players like it. I do not mind it… Reminds me of espanyol away. Yeah the natural roar is lost but molineux isn’t raucous like it used to be. The south bank struggled second half Saturday for a local game the atmosphere really wasn’t there. Hence why probably have goal music for the extra push!!

Back
Top Bottom