Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton Verdict

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second half we were fantastic. It’s just a shame we don’t ever really look like scoring for a consistent period of time. Neves was world class in the second half and was about 10 steps ahead of their entire midfield the whole time.

Let’s get at Leeds, get the win and then go into the break a happy club.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester were already in the European positions in the league though that’s why Spurs qualified in 7th.

If a top 5 team wins the FA cup then top 4 will be champions league, 5th and 6th Europa, 7th Europa conference.

English teams winning the European competitions can skew the above but won’t at any point see 8th in the league qualify as far as I’m aware.

I could be wrong, but I think we really want Leicester to fail to win the conference.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good performance, was always worried when we're only leading 1-0 and don't kill the game off.

I thought Jimenez had an average to poor game only due to his link up play was let down by his passing. Silva should have had at least the last twenty minutes to see if he could do better.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dare I say it, but..... Marcal did ok. There. Ban me if you want.
Thought Marcal was pretty poor for the most part. Allowed too many balls in and there was so much space down his side. Saiss was too often forced wide to defend the winger with Marcal out of the picture, or inexplicably positioned inside of Saiss. He still couldn't deliver a letter. RAN and Jonny even at half fitness are better wingbacks.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect I wasn’t alone in wondering where things would go after the ‘Hoever rant’ from Lage after the Palace game.

Seems that it has had a galvanising effect and now, with hindsight, looks like it was fairly well judged on his part. Fair play to him.

Frank Lampard though - I cannot believe that a supposedly talented manager would do their homework on Wolves and then not match us up in midfield or ensure that whatever happened Saiss and Kilman were pressed properly all game long. It’s so clearly the tried and tested formula to cause us problems and unsettle the rhythm, I’m always amazed when opponents don’t do it…

Key word “supposedly”.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
good performance did the job never really looked in doubt once we got the first goal.

Everton are in serious trouble, a new ground to pay for, a team of expensive mercanaries with apparently no relegation clauses in the team, shareholders with assets frozen and ab manager who is way way out of his depth and an entitled fan base.
I wouldn't call them entitled (though you can obviously speak as you find!), for me they're just unused to struggling like this. I've always quite liked Everton's fans, their loyalty and their passion.

Great result again today, seems like Lage, with options now available, is able to put out a good side, have them play well and motivate them. Jonny back has meant Semedo isn't missed and Trincao has finally dropped to the bench. Raul has never been as bad as some made out but he's definitely picked up and the changes in central defence have all been sensible. 8th looks a very realistic possibility :)

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen this on the Everton forum.

Perspective!

14 December 2013.... we smashed Fulham 4-1 just 10 days after breaking the Old Trafford curse to move into the top four.

On the same night, Wolves lost 2-0 at home in a League One match against MK Dons.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't know. Just confused as to why you used Liverpool without mentioning the other two that was all.
I don't know. The same reason you didn't say Manchester United. It doesn't matter, it was just an example.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester were already in the European positions in the league though that’s why Spurs qualified in 7th.

If a top 5 team wins the FA cup then top 4 will be champions league, 5th and 6th Europa, 7th Europa conference.

English teams winning the European competitions can skew the above but won’t at any point see 8th in the league qualify as far as I’m aware.
Okay but we made Europa one year at 7th. That's what I was asking. Is that not possible anymore? Did Europa Conference wipe that possibility out?

Okay - I think I figured it out. That possibility is now gone. You can't directly qualify for Europa in 7th anymore. 7th (or higher depending on Cup winners) automatically go to the final round of Europa Conference League.

Last edited:

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a silly smile all over my face after that. 6 points from the mighty Everton has quite made my season. All stems from the disrespect I experienced from one Everton fan during our promotion season. Before that, I'd always been on their side when they came to play Liverpool and really enjoyed watching their great side of the 80's.

Funny how football has a way of bringing you down to earth. We experienced many low spots over the years and now to regularly be competing at the top end of the top division just makes my words to my Everton supporting mate all the sweeter. Back then I told him that if any team could challenge the top six over the coming seasons, it would be us. My mate was so condescending after I made my remark that I've wanted Everton to lose every game since then.

So to the game. Another easy game for us. However, I do wish we'd really stick the knife in and show more attacking intent instead of knocking the ball around so much. We could have won that game 3 or 4 nil had we got into second gear. Everton were so so poor but we decided to hold onto what we had as we knew they could never threaten us. They didn't have the intelligence to break from deep and heaven only knows how many times they were caught offside as we played a high line.

As for us, we did the job we needed to do. Extremely competent and the squad rotation continued.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perspective!

14 December 2013.... we smashed Fulham 4-1 just 10 days after breaking the Old Trafford curse to move into the top four.

On the same night, Wolves lost 2-0 at home in a League One match against MK Dons.
My mates son @JasonWWFC was mascot, I think Bamford scored. Lady game my mrs went to, days when tickets were a piece of **** to get

D

Deleted member (smith)

What about Europa Conference League?

Tottenham qualified this past year at 7th, but Leicester won the Carabao Cup and qualified for Europa by league position.

It says one team from England qualifies for Conference League.

,no need to worry , one game at a time . Assuming nobody wins in Europe the top 4 get champions league. 5 Europa, Fa cup winners Europa , carabao cup winners…conference.if cup winners already qualified those places go on league position…so if top 4 win both cups then 5 and 6 get Europa and 7 gets conference. Of course European winners can usurp because we can’t have more than 7 in Europe.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
,no need to worry , one game at a time . Assuming nobody wins in Europe the top 4 get champions league. 5 Europa, Fa cup winners Europa , carabao cup winners…conference.if cup winners already qualified those places go on league position…so if top 4 win both cups then 5 and 6 get Europa and 7 gets conference. Of course European winners can usurp because we can’t have more than 7 in Europe.
I wasn't asking for us specifically, I just didn't know how it worked anymore.

Teams can no longer directly qualify for Europa League in 7th - like we did a couple years ago.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to believe it, but Everton could be in real danger of going down for only 3rd time in their history and first time since came back up in1954
Would need to be down for a while for their record for most number of seasons in the top division to go though.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perspective!

9 years is a long time in Football
9 years ago I could run to the shops without blowing from my backside, now I'm lucky I don't panic putting my trainers on.

Everton have spent money so bad it's unreal and now it's all catching up with them, i just think they will finish 4th or 5th bottom though and be very lucky.

Last edited:

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a comment from an everton fan on their forum....

"wolves have spent the majority of my life being a championship team with occasional and brief forays into the premier league

but since they came back up 2018 they've finished 7th twice, made Europa quarters and are on track for another finish in the european spots

just shows what competent ownership can do for a club"

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think we really want Leicester to fail to win the conference.
I don’t think it should matter, as long as the Europa League and Chamions League aren’t won by English teams who also miss out on Europe too.

If West Ham finish outside the top 7 and win the EL then yes probably.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay but we made Europa one year at 7th. That's what I was asking. Is that not possible anymore? Did Europa Conference wipe that possibility out?

Okay - I think I figured it out. That possibility is now gone. You can't directly qualify for Europa in 7th anymore. 7th (or higher depending on Cup winners) automatically go to the final round of Europa Conference League.
Yep, the Conference took one of the Europa League spots.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My dad still calls me ****. But to be fair he doesn't like me.
I had a freind years ago who went to the States to do a Masters. He would write to me and address it to c/o and a name that would not pass the filter but I will give you a clue. First part - it comes out of your bottom. Second part is face.
My 'to be' wife saw the envelope and later when we had our offspring she called him son of 'the offending word'. She could wax lyrical when she wanted.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played so well in the second half, but as something like a 40 pass sequence was squandered by Dendoncker, I again couldn’t help but wonder how good we could be with a Sanches in that position.

If Fosun take that step, the self sustaining model will have a whole lot of revenue with which to sustain itself.

Back
Top Bottom