Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we first offered him a contract he did want to be here but we didn’t offer the right deal. I take it’s gospel that we wanted to make him 1st/2nd highest player because Spiers said so? Don’t believe that for a second.

I think he would have been up there with our top earners. Said it from day one, we dont underpay players we want to keep under Fosun, its just not what we have ever done. He just either wanted much more ( which i still dont believe his performances here deserved ) or he just wanted to leave. Either way, he's done well enough in Spain so far for us to hopefully to be able to move him on if we have been scammed by Barcelona.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another cracking deal done by Jeff and his yes men........ ridiculous! Traore to walk for nothing and the fabio deal together have cost this club an absolute fortune! A complete and utter **** show!!!!
And no one is held accountable. I think should shi should shop in france and greece and look at 5-10 million pound players as i wouldn't trust him with getting it right when he has big money to spend e.g fabio.

The traore decision could have cost us a european place. Not only did we not extract a loan fee or have the trincao loan fee waived we are even paying traore's wages whilst he is over there.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The traore decision could have cost us a european place. Not only did we not extract a loan fee or have the trincao loan fee waived we are even paying traore's wages whilst he is over there.

I really don't understand the point in getting so worked up until we see what happens in the summer.

And we are only paying his wages now until Barca have the looser restrictions in the summer, when they pay them back in a lump sum fee to us.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I’ve been saying this for over a year. We’ve seen enough now to realise this sort of incompetence is going to continue. We only escaped Ollie Mc*******Burnie by the skin of our teeth. What next?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And no one is held accountable. I think should shi should shop in france and greece and look at 5-10 million pound players as i wouldn't trust him with getting it right when he has big money to spend e.g fabio.

Since when are Fosun, or their employee Jeff, in any way accountable to you? Get real, they don't give a flying **** what you say.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. No deal has been done yet for Trincao and in fact, may not happen.

Don’t be a spoilsport…a large number of posters like to speculate about what might happen in the future…Obviously no one knows but they enjoy the speculation….other posters like to condemn the management based on this speculation because they know more than anybody else and don’t need facts to show how poorly wolves have done under these owners and this management . Because that’s all speculation too as is this whole thread. Of course this is just speculation and they may be right….we may have done a terrible deal because management are stupid…but I speculate .

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t be a spoilsport…a large number of posters like to speculate about what might happen in the future…Obviously no one knows but they enjoy the speculation….other posters like to condemn the management based on this speculation because they know more than anybody else and don’t need facts to show how poorly wolves have done under these owners and this management . Because that’s all speculation too as is this whole thread. Of course this is just speculation and they may be right….we may have done a terrible deal because management are stupid…but I speculate .
I’m not being a spoilsport. I posted because a page or so back somebody was really overreacting and having a cow. A little perspective was warranted, imo.
Wolves mgt. are not stupid, thank god. Stupid people wouldn’t have the brains to put together this squad. We have some really good young players and they’re going to get better.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some more form his interview, about trying to get back into the team,

“I’m working to do that. I'm doing my best for the coach to think that. It's his decision, I have to respect it. Of course, I think I deserve more and I'm trying to do that and show that every day.”

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Francisco Trincao: Wolves winger believes he should play more despite lack of goals

"If you just look for the end product, maybe you can say that [we haven't seen the best of me]. But if you look at football in terms of the whole game, you can say I'm doing great things.”

Maybe send him back due to his delusion and lack of self awareness?
Wow! Wonder how far Trincao would be behind Traore in those xG from dribble stats, Trincao might have been top for us but creating one (expected) goal every eleven games through dribbling isn't much to shout about

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be a top player but he needs to grow up first. Clearly talented but right now he's miles off it

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My guess is Barcelona will try and get a deal over the line by offering us Trincao + Puig for Traore. Is that a good deal for Wolves? Not sure. Trincao and Puig are both technically good but physically lightweight. In the EPL, that’s kind of a problem and it’ll mean these players have a much longer bedding in period and carry greater risks. Puig is the sort of player who could get blown over if the wind’s blowing in the wrong direction.

We might be better off holding out for the Traore cash and putting it to work buying Guedes, Sanches or Gonçalo Ramos (i.e. someone Bruno wants, has worked with before and is physically a bit more up for the EPL). There’d likely be a little left over for the first installment on someone like Vitinha if Moutinho leaves too.

Trincao is a tricky one. I could see him do well 6-12 months down the line but he needs to adjust to the physicality of the EPL still.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont think we're signing Tricao. He's rightfully dropped down the pecking order so would be mad to spend the money when reality is he's now 4th or 5th choice for 2 spots with MGW to add to equation next season.

My only concern is if we have obligation to buy dressed up as an option. I suspect not as we've paid a decent whack for the privilege.

I'd guess Traore is an informal obligation dressed as an option else it looks an odd deal.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Puigs scored once all season, on the face of it probably not what we need..... Someone might've seen more Barca games and the kid in person?
Personally think we've had a swap deal + money for Trincao from the start....only way to get both moving.
Saw a few recently and the winger who starts ahead of Traore at times Dembele stands out for me but he can go on a free in the summer and on massive wages.
I still think they will buy him just not at the price suggested.Trincao on the bench lately hopefully means Lage has made his mind up about him.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather drop the price of Traore, bring another winger/outside forward in, spend the rest (10/15m) on another CM. Need options from the bench. Lacking wide forwards at the moment, Neto, Podence and Chiquino, maybe MGW if we play 5221 with him and Podence or Neto behind Jiminez?

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My guess is Barcelona will try and get a deal over the line by offering us Trincao + Puig for Traore. Is that a good deal for Wolves? Not sure. Trincao and Puig are both technically good but physically lightweight. In the EPL, that’s kind of a problem and it’ll mean these players have a much longer bedding in period and carry greater risks. Puig is the sort of player who could get blown over if the wind’s blowing in the wrong direction.

We might be better off holding out for the Traore cash and putting it to work buying Guedes, Sanches or Gonçalo Ramos (i.e. someone Bruno wants, has worked with before and is physically a bit more up for the EPL). There’d likely be a little left over for the first installment on someone like Vitinha if Moutinho leaves too.

Trincao is a tricky one. I could see him do well 6-12 months down the line but he needs to adjust to the physicality of the EPL still.
never heard of the guy but it would be pretty cool to see a Wolves shirt with Ramos on the back of it!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao will go down as one of the worst signings of the FOSUN PL era. Big waste of money in terms of his wages and loan fee. People can say what they want about him apparently having talent/potential etc but he looks way off the pace each time he's on the pitch.

Mendes owes us one.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao will go down as one of the worst signings of the FOSUN PL era. Big waste of money in terms of his wages and loan fee. People can say what they want about him apparently having talent/potential etc but he looks way off the pace each time he's on the pitch.

Mendes owes us one.

I always liked him as a player, but he seems to be getting progressively worse.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’ll be more than happy to return to Barca and his £130k a week. Whether Barca will be happy to have him back is another matter.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’ll be more than happy to return to Barca and his £130k a week. Whether Barca will be happy to have him back is another matter.
Absolutely stealing a living. With the cost of living crisis unfolding, these players dont know how lucky they are..... and even the best players it makes it hard to actually support them, I expect a Neves chip or volley every week for that much £££!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can definitely see a 3 way trade. Adama to Barca for Trinaco. Then we sent Trinaco to a Portuguese club for one of there players.

Maybe Sporting for João Palinha

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's meant to be brilliant in training, but doesnt seem to transfer this on to the pitch. Shame as think there is a good player in there. Just needs to show it.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Still think there is a really good player in there. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if in 4-5 years’ time, him, Pedro and Fabio are fighting it out with Joao Felix and Diogo for the starting forward spots in Portugal’s national team.

Unfortunately, he may be one of those players who just doesn’t suit the pace and physicality of the Premier League (I personally still think he can adapt). A goal and feeling a bit of love from the supporters would do wonders (jumping out of 50/50’s won’t help with that though!)

Hoping he can show a bit more between now and the end of the season to suggest he is worth investing in.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not convinced Trincao is not a very good player with a panacea of skills. I say that because as we saw with Semedo, Podence and Vitinha adapting to the physicality of the Premier league can take time. The problem is if players don't hit the ground running they don't get the game time they need.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't we have to pay £5mill to get out of the Trincao deal? That means Traore will essentially only cost Barca £20mill.

Jeff- let's just take the £20 mill along with the wages saved and run.

Neto, Podence, Chiquinho, Morgan and Hwang will provide more than enough options.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't we have to pay £5mill to get out of the Trincao deal? That means Traore will essentially only cost Barca £20mill.

Neto, Podence, Chiquinho, Morgan and Hwang will provide more than enough options.
Isn’t it £29m for Adama?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, which is why I think we will buy him. He’s 22. He’s probably always going to be worth more than £25m, a lot more if he settles and improves.

So why throw £5m down the toilet when we will probably break even or make money if we sign him?

Back
Top Bottom