Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think he will want to stay there either way, he has taken loads of crap off our fans over the years so I wouldn't blame him for not liking us. Playing great, another year there he'd get a move back to the Prem with Sheff U or not.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he will want to stay there either way, he has taken loads of crap off our fans over the years so I wouldn't blame him for not liking us. Playing great, another year there he'd get a move back to the Prem with Sheff U or not.

I am of the same opinion, I think if they get promoted they will offer £20m or so and we will taken the money.

He is clearly a good player, he looks too good for the championship. But is he a potential champions league player?

I am not so sure.

I think they will take the money and try for someone like Leao at Juvenus. It might take £40m - but at 22 they would see him as a potential Premier league star.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I am of the same opinion, I think if they get promoted they will offer £20m or so and we will taken the money.

He is clearly a good player, he looks too good for the championship. But is he a potential champions league player?

I am not so sure.

I think they will take the money and try for someone like Leao at Juvenus. It might take £40m - but at 22 they would see him as a potential Premier league star.
Leao plays for Milan and is pretty average imo, £40M would be absolutely obscene overpay. Never scored double digits in Serie A (should get there this year).

I'd much rather keep MGW than sign another winger with mediocre production for £20M (minus MGW fee) and massive wages.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read this from a Blades fan....

No chance of keeping MGW, loan or permanent, promotion or no promotion.

He'll be the main man at Wolves next season, and failing that, West Ham, Newcastle or a rich team outside of the top 6 will take a punt. He's young, English and he's more than proven himself at a decent level. I'm thinking £25m+ and the prospect of European football might just nab him

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Been reading the dendonker thread. MGW looks like he could be an ideal option to rotate with Donk depending on who we are playing and what stage of the game we’re in. If we need to keep things solid, disrupt play, defend set pieces etc go with Donk. If we need a midfielder to push forward, make chances and be mobile enough to help defend wide areas when necessary go with MGW.
Failing that buy that Kante chap - he looks like he could do both jobs to an acceptable standard… should only cost a million or two surely?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe Grealish was 22/23 years old in his final season in the Championship with Villa. He got 6 goals and 6 assists in 31 league appearances. I know that's a basic stat, but Gibbs-White has already got 7 goals and 5 assists in 20 appearances this season.

I can see him being in the Wolves squad in preseason along with others such as Giles, Sanderson, etc. If he can impress Lage I think he will be given a chance. It will help if we are in a European competition as more games means more opportunities.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
It looks like Morgan has developed at Sheffield. I did think during the pre-season that he would emerge this year but he decided to leave on loan -actually the right decision given the players we had in the squad that would have limited his playing time. He's one of our own and I would dearly love him to succeed at Wolves. But to give Morgan a real chance next year it would have to be at the expense of a new attacking-minded midfield signing. The 'Fosun out" brigade would not like this at all. They would be calling Jeff "small - time" if we went for Morgan instead of a big and expensive signing. If he is the attacking midfield answer it would be great - we could then focus the funds to signing a Moutinho replacement........or is Cundle the answer there? Who said we dont have options in our squad?
Then again, thinking out loud like this, I risk being labelled "small-time" too. There are those who only will be placated by more glamorous (and not without risk) “oven-ready" signings.

Last edited:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I believe Grealish was 22/23 years old in his final season in the Championship with Villa. He got 6 goals and 6 assists in 31 league appearances. I know that's a basic stat, but Gibbs-White has already got 7 goals and 5 assists in 20 appearances this season.

I can see him being in the Wolves squad in preseason along with others such as Giles, Sanderson, etc. If he can impress Lage I think he will be given a chance. It will help if we are in a European competition as more games means more opportunities.
Do you think Corbeanu will be back too?

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno really likes MGW
Will take your word on that one Artic and if this is the case then this is good. I assume Bruno accepted that he would develop more playing regularly at Sheff Utd than warming the bench at Wolves.

But with the emergence of Cundle it will be interesting to see how Bruno views his midfield combinations next year and where MGW falls into those.

Eme

Reaction score
Think mgw would fit into our way of playing now. And as a winger. Then we play 3-4-3
Given that lage does not want wide wingers. Just look at the podence He's more like a 10th.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It would expect so. I think his contract finishes in 2023 so they need to get that sorted.
Decisions need to be made on a load of players who are out on loan ,Mathieson and Ronan being two of them .
Most of us lose track of who are out on loan but somehow we need to move some of them on but I appreciate it is easier said than done
Can anyone provide a full list of the loanees ?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will take your word on that one Artic and if this is the case then this is good. I assume Bruno accepted that he would develop more playing regularly at Sheff Utd than warming the bench at Wolves.

But with the emergence of Cundle it will be interesting to see how Bruno views his midfield combinations next year and where MGW falls into those.

Would bet good money Cundle will be out on loan next season, with MGW in our first-team squad.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decisions need to be made on a load of players who are out on loan ,Mathieson and Ronan being two of them .
Most of us lose track of who are out on loan but somehow we need to move some of them on but I appreciate it is easier said than done
Can anyone provide a full list of the loanees ?
Page one, post one, loan thread!!
All you need to know.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It looks like Morgan has developed at Sheffield. I did think during the pre-season that he would emerge this year but he decided to leave on loan -actually the right decision given the players we had in the squad that would have limited his playing time. He's one of our own and I would dearly love him to succeed at Wolves. But to give Morgan a real chance next year it would have to be at the expense of a new attacking-minded midfield signing. The 'Fosun out" brigade would not like this at all. They would be calling Jeff "small - time" if we went for Morgan instead of a big and expensive signing. If he is the attacking midfield answer it would be great - we could then focus the funds to signing a Moutinho replacement........or is Cundle the answer there? Who said we dont have options in our squad?
Then again, thinking out loud like this, I risk being labelled "small-time" too. There are those who only will be placated by more glamorous (and not without risk) “oven-ready" signings.
MGW is playing in a position in a formation that would make him Moutinho's replacement... That is, in our current more widely used 3-4-3 formation.
Next year we COULD be playing 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3.
I haven't seen enough of MGW play this season to make a decision on him, but I'd always want us to take the leap of faith with younger players, if Mountinho were to be replaced I'd want it to be MGW. I've seen enough very good young footballers to know if you give them that one full season to adapt without constantly nit-picking they'll come good for years to come.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'd be mad to sell him. If we were signing mgw everyone would be excited. Will he work out? We don't know but he has to be in and around the first team next season. From preseason he deserved to be too.

I honestly can't see how he wouldn't be a better option than trincao, all be it a more offensive player. Like podence, he'll frustrate at times but we need more players who can unlock defences.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Forest put a bid in for him if they're promoted: Steve Cooper was his manager for England U17s and took him to Swansea.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I’m not sure but I think that’s what the loan thread maybe about
@giantwolf spends a lot of time and effort to keep it updated
Maybe it is but I didn’t know how often it is updated and I now know it is regularly because I don’t tend to look at it but I will now

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The great hope is that MGW comes back this summer and proves himself at last a as a first team regular. Would save the club a fortune. We will still need a replacement for Moutinho and a quality striker but MGW can make a big difference.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lage has regularly switched between Trincao as a Right wing forward and Dendocker as an Attacking midfielder on the right of the three in midfield. I am convinced that Morgan could play both of those roles and do them significantly better than either of those two have managed. I will be shocked if he is not back in the Wolves squad next season.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This suggests to me, you're not paying any attention to MGW's form while on loan, and you're basing your opinion on his historical performances for Wolves, which are now pretty irrelevant.
Or I think we could do more with the money?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am unsure how Wolves feel about MGW. He is a very different sort of player than what we currently have and would be better suited to the attacking role that Dendonker played against Norwich. Neto, Podence, MGW, Moutinho, Neves would be a pretty small midfield though. Wonder if we might be seeing a Palinha come in for Moutinho / Donk next season?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who says he 'doesn't like us'? If he played consistently well he wouldn't be out on loan. He's had plenty of chances but rarely produced the goods. I'm not sure he's a Prem player tbh and perhaps the Champs is his limit? When you look at players like Smith-Rowe and Saka and Greenwood (no comments needed), players around his age, who have made an instant impact in the Prem, you have to question if he really has it?

Back
Top Bottom