Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he goes, I wonder how the other players will feel about losing him?

Given their reactions to some of the things he does, I can’t imagine they are going to be that devastated or demoralised.

They’d probably be more demoralised if we made him our highest paid player.

Benny78

Reaction score
Spot on I’m afraid
I don’t agree, what we’re both players really contributing at their time of departure?

We need to face facts, we are a mid tier club, not one of the top clubs. Sometimes good players will leave.

I’m pretty sure the big 6 see players leave all the time who “shouldn’t be let go”

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Given their reactions to some of the things he does, I can’t imagine they are going to be that devastated or demoralised.

Adama is a very popular player at the club. The other players love him as do the staff.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama is a very popular player at the club. The other players love him as do the staff.

Popular yes. He’s clearly a nice bloke.

But professionally, will they think that losing him makes us drastically worse?

Will it shatter the atmosphere and team spirit?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama is both the most exciting and most disappointing player in the league, enabling lots of arguments on here and shortly on the Spurs forums.
But if he isn't prepared to stay at Wolves then we have to sell for what we can get. There doesn't appear to be a long queue of suitors so perhaps he's not held in quite as high esteem as some posters think, thus we sell to Spurs.
I would be very angry if the money isn't spent on a good player (I.e Not Lawrence) though.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we paid 17 million for him. Have had seasons out of him, and he has been both our most exciting and annoying player in that time. He doesn't want to sign a new contract, and is running down his old one and we stand to make a 5 million pound profit on a depreciating, it appears untrainable asset. That to me is good business. It only becomes good football business if we invest the money on a entre midfielder who strengthens our match day squad, and Neto returns as good as he was. Time will tell.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Club getting a lot of criticism here from those who seem to know better. Traore wants to leave and won’t sign a new contract . His value in 18 months is zero as he can walk on a free…his value reduces as that date approaches.

what should the club do?
Grow a set of nuts and not act small time, what sort of message does this send out yet again? Little Wolves.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Popular yes. He’s clearly a nice bloke.

But professionally, will they think that losing him makes us drastically worse?

Will it shatter the atmosphere and team spirit?
Yeah. Was said as much last week.

Like to congratulate Brentford on their 3 points.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasnt that also being said when Nuno left and that hasnt turned out so bad so far has it ?
Wasn't the new broken to the players before one of the Burnley or Everton game? Gut feeling was it was the Burnley one, where the players just didn't bother.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So we paid 17 million for him. Have had seasons out of him, and he has been both our most exciting and annoying player in that time. He doesn't want to sign a new contract, and is running down his old one and we stand to make a 5 million pound profit on a depreciating, it appears untrainable asset. That to me is good business. It only becomes good football business if we invest the money on a entre midfielder who strengthens our match day squad, and Neto returns as good as he was. Time will tell.
The only good business that's being done here is by Levy, he wants him on the cheap and determined to get him that way, but when the shoe was on the other foot, he does the complete opposite and wants top dollar We're see whether him treating us like mugs pays off

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only spurs have shown any interest in him at all you don’t get to choose who you sell to it’s not like he has loads queuing up. We’re selling him to spurs because no one else will bid for him, no one wanted him in the summer either. We sell him to spurs now or in the summer for even less. He’ll double his wages he’s not going to stay here
On that basis then, presumably we're the only suitors for Trincao?.....Barca still want £27m for him and that was before he'd kicked a ball in the Premier League! We seem to have our pants pulled down whether it's incomings or outgoings, to me!

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Just roll on Neves going for 40mil.

I don't get why people aren't up in arms about the price, its so cheap, its screaming 'buy him, please buy him!' And the sharks smelt blood, Levy knew we would sell him cheap.

Neves will go for 40, probably less, mark my words.

He's probably our 5th choice winger with Neto healthy, has 1 goal 0 assists this season, and a contract expiring in 18 months. And no real interest in him outside of Spurs.

If anything it's bad business that we didn't sell him last summer where we could have gotten 25-30M and had an easier time using the money to re-invest before the season started.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't the new broken to the players before one of the Burnley or Everton game? Gut feeling was it was the Burnley one, where the players just didn't bother.
And do you think that the players reaction would be exactly the same had Nuno said--"I dont want to be here " , all the playing squad are fully aware of the stand off with Adama and the same squad will have seen other players having contracts renewed/extended so will know full well that the club are not just being tight *******s about this--I dont want to see Adama leave as I think that he can get fans off the seats either at the ground or at home but if he doesnt want to be here for whatever reason then best that he leaves.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's to say he wants to go an play RWB? He might say... "Thanks... but no thanks.. I'll wait for the contract to wind down".

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama apparently wants to be paid the same as the highest player(s) in the club.

The club has made the decision that he isn't worth it.

So Adama wants out.

Clubs aren't exactly queuing up for him, at the supposedly "bargain" price of £20m minimum.

He has made the decision not to renew his contract.

So what is the club supposed to do, exactly?

And no, I don't want him to go, in some ways he's the most exciting player I've seen in Old Gold since Knocker Knowles, in my view.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's probably our 5th choice winger with Neto healthy, has 1 goal 0 assists this season, and a contract expiring in 18 months. And no real interest in him outside of Spurs.

If anything it's bad business that we didn't sell him last summer where we could have gotten 25-30M and had an easier time using the money to re-invest before the season started.
No public interest.

Benny78

Reaction score
We don’t play in Europe or win trophy’s… yes, our young talented players may leave in the future. I’m not sure how often we have sold players for a loss since Fosun came, as long as we are progressing I’m happy with our business.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On that basis then, presumably we're the only suitors for Trincao?.....Barca still want £27m for him and that was before he'd kicked a ball in the Premier League! We seem to have our pants pulled down whether it's incomings or outgoings, to me!
Exactly,we all have different options on him, but we're all wolves supporters, we want to keep him and they want to buy him, at least get top dollar, Levy would,don't just roll over.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am truly sad to see him go……….BUT, we are not City, United, Liverpool or Chelsea, teams that can afford to have such a “potentially” highly paid player, only playing a bit part.

Jota, Douglas, Costa, Cav, Bennett, Doc and eventually Nuno, all went and Jota aside (and at the time what we got for him was a good deal and one we couldn’t prevent, hindsight and all that), have any of them gone on to do anything special or even improved?

The answer is pretty much, NO but at the time, with regards to most of them, especially Nuno, everyone was gutted or at least surprised.

Time is a great healer and you can’t let your heart rule your head. On the face of it, yes we are losing a tremendously exciting player but in the great scheme of things, (as much as it hurts), it’s probably for the best.

That’s why the people at the helm, do what they do for a living and we do what we do. Onwards and upwards, who knows what the future holds.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And do you think that the players reaction would be exactly the same had Nuno said--"I dont want to be here " , all the playing squad are fully aware of the stand off with Adama and the same squad will have seen other players having contracts renewed/extended so will know full well that the club are not just being tight *******s about this--I dont want to see Adama leave as I think that he can get fans off the seats either at the ground or at home but if he doesnt want to be here for whatever reason then best that he leaves.
When has Adama ever said he didn't want to be here?

Wolves could have negotiated better, Wolves were flogging him around for sales, Wolves bent the **** once a bit of cash was shown, Wolves are weak.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My sentiments as well.

Selling him to a rival is my biggest concern. Jeff has created a rod for his own back if this goes pear-shaped.

Having said that it's not like there was a bidding war. Perhaps it's because clubs are loathe to spend in the January window, but certainly it says something Spurs appear to be his only suitors.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

They may realise they have less space now that there isnt 2 or 3 of the opposition on traore at any one time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom