Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am just gonna say it, Bruno is a better manager than Nuno. We are better organised as a unit now than we were when being ultra negative under Nuno. Not to mention we would probably be seeing Donk and not Kilman playing at the back this season.

100% . Knows how to control a game of football whether that be with or without the ball

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am just gonna say it, Bruno is a better manager than Nuno. We are better organised as a unit now than we were when being ultra negative under Nuno. Not to mention we would probably be seeing Donk and not Kilman playing at the back this season.

loved nuno and the bond we had. but this bloke is better, no question

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not better than Nuno yet for me. That's only the second league game we've won by more than one goal. Nuno has an incredible Europa League campaign in his favour too.

Last two games have shown Bruno could eventually be better though. Looking very good at the moment.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno is building something and he needs some funds. Looking good.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hes doing this mainly with nunos team. And they look a damn sight better than the 18 months prior to this season. It would be a shame for brunos impact on the change in direction of the team not be appreciated because he doesnt fist pump at the end of a win

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has done very well considering the backing he has received he is starting to mould Nuno’s side into his style. Very impressed with him.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am just gonna say it, Bruno is a better manager than Nuno. We are better organised as a unit now than we were when being ultra negative under Nuno.

Well, yes Bruno is a better manager than the bad part of Nuno's spell here. At some point we'll have a bad spell with Bruno, and at that point it might be a fairer comparison.

However, Bruno/Wolves are obviously doing brilliantly this year, long may it continue.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s won me over massively. Bruno is clearly inexperienced and learning on the job in terms of being an actual manager and not just a coach. He’s improved massively and also seems like more of a presence on the sidelines suddenly.

I’ve just got a feeling that something great is happening here. A few new signings and we really could push top 4.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel my status with Bruno is now 'convinced'

Had a big challenge today with what to do with Saiss being out, and with 3 sessions with Toti he came in and slotted right into the system and had a decent debut. That evidence to the work him and his back room team are doing

If he'd had had a little more luck at time this season, especially those criminal opening 3 games he'd be doing something truly special... he deserves this success and the fans are right behind him

Not easy replacing a legend and most fail at it, but hearing his name being sand from the South Bank for what seemed like ages at the beginning of the second half shows he has won the hearts of the fans already

Exciting to think what he may be able to do when its finally his team and he's had a few windows behind him

Couldn't have asked for much more from him and his team

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Brunos biggest challenge was following on from Nuno, a section of our fanbase at the end of last season were like how Newcastle when they were pining after Rafa and I thought sections of our fans would be similar not accepting Bruno or anyone else purely because he wasn't Nuno....

So far he is doing a tremendous job, we are in very good hands.

Well done to whoever made the decision to employ him.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to take your hat off to Bruno. He has had very little support from the Board in terms of solid reinforcements and had a very difficult start with three very narrow defeats in a row and yet he has fashioned a team with tremendous team spirit and a brilliant defensive record. It is beginning to feel a bit like Nuno albeit with a very different character. If he can get anywhere near the passion and success of Nuno's first three seasons he will have done extremely well. Just need a couple of real quality signings to take us to the next level - ie challenging hard for 5th/6th.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brunos biggest challenge was following on from Nuno, a section of our fanbase at the end of last season were like how Newcastle when they were pining after Rafa and I thought sections of our fans would be similar not accepting Bruno or anyone else purely because he wasn't Nuno....

So far he is doing a tremendous job, we are in very good hands.

Well done to whoever made the decision to employ him.

Absolutely. Following on from a manager who was so succesful is such a challenge. For most clubs, when you reach the heights we reached with Nuno, it's more than likely you go downhill from there. A lot of fans didn't accept him, probably a few still don't, but he's not let it get to him, just got on with the job. It's looking increasingly like though he might not have the charisma of Nuno, his overall management and knowledge of the game, especially tactical nous is ahead of Nuno's. And the funny thing, Bruno is even showing a bit of charisma recently! The comments about the FACup (as he called it) and various things he says.

I think Bruno had been considered for a while by the owners before he actually joined. Compared to how most other clubs manage succession after a much loved manager, it's looking like Fosun made an inspired choice. Also, it's not just Bruno, there are others on the staff who seem to be playing key roles in the upturn this season as they are mentioned favourably by players in interviews.

Now just go and beat Brentford...and Arsenal, please. :D

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saying Bruno is better than Nuno was for us at this moment in time is ridiculous. I think he could become better, but we will see what happens in the future. Lets compare after another couple of seasons.

And why do we need to compare.Look to the future not look back to the past.Bruno is here now and that all everyone should understand. :oops:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is the man, love the guy

2-0 he brings Adama and silva on… Nuno would’ve gone defensive and still probably conceded the one, difference was we had the players to score the third, backs against the wall nuno style it could’ve ended up 2’s easily
Clearly you've forgotten how many games we won after taking the lead under Nuno. It was very rare that we took the lead and didn't win

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Bruno has been great and the attention to detail is second to none. You can see he’s building from the back and slowly making us more prominent in attack! He deserves all the plaudits currently and I hope it continues. I no longer worry about Saturday (like last year) and are thoroughly enjoying this season! Thank you Bruno and the team

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I really like how we’re seeing his personality starting to shine through. He’s made some quite funny, almost cheeky comments in interviews and also when Traore scored he was halfway down the touch line to celebrate.

Not interested in the Nuno v Bruno debate, Nuno was fab for us and gave us memories we’ll keep forever. Bruno is the man now though and he’s doing a smashing job.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I really like how we’re seeing his personality starting to shine through. He’s made some quite funny, almost cheeky comments in interviews and also when Traore scored he was halfway down the touch line to celebrate.

Not interested in the Nuno v Bruno debate, Nuno was fab for us and gave us memories we’ll keep forever. Bruno is the man now though and he’s doing a smashing job.
Absolutely this he seemed very reserved when he first arrived so good to see him coming into his own now

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reflecting on his first 20 games he has learnt a lot but you can see the team evolving and individual players coming on leaps and bounds. Changing a team so heavily drilled by the previous manager is more difficult than some of us imagine. Look at Spurs, Man Utd, even Liverpool and Man City previously, change doesn’t happen in the first 20 games.

Some were frustrated before Xmas for the style of football but in the Premiership it’s more difficult to completely change the style of play in 20 games. Even in the Championship under Nuno or League 1 under Jackett where we underwent fundamental change we were arguably better after Xmas than before Xmas.

I think we will continue to evolve under Bruno and I’m looking forward to it.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I feel we will be in more danger of Bruno getting poached than we ever were of Nuno. That's not to disparage Nuno. It's simply down to their individual styles. Nuno was very successful for us, but wasn't a great public communicator, wasn't very flexible, and didn't like the press. Bruno has proven to be flexible, and is good with the media. He explains his thinking, cracks jokes, and is always clear. On that front, I think he's much more of a type that a bigger club would choose. If he maintains our current trajectory and brings success to the club, then I could see him being picked off from us in a year.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Funny seeing all the Nuno haters gloating. I can only presume that you started supporting us after Nuno’s second season or otherwise you wouldn’t hate him so much.

I presume because I thought Nuno was a fantastic manger I should hate Bruno?
Very dramatic as always…it’s okay to be wrong.
Maybe don’t pine after a manager which wasn’t with us however good he was when he was here.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fascinating to see the goals conceded in that table above. We thought Nuno had us well drilled defensively but at this stage in the last 3 seasons we had conceded 23, 25 and 29 goals - this year 15? You have to put this down to Lage and the way he has improved Coady's game immeasurably and the fact he has made Kilman into a potential England player.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, yes Bruno is a better manager than the bad part of Nuno's spell here. At some point we'll have a bad spell with Bruno, and at that point it might be a fairer comparison.

However, Bruno/Wolves are obviously doing brilliantly this year, long may it continue.
Exactly. It's not possible to compare, Nuno had a job to do and he did it exceptionally well for the most part, and the same for Bruno so far, but that's where the discussion should end.

Of course he tailed off at the end, so did Turner, McGarry, Wenger, Cruyff, Clough and almost every other manager in history. That's the thing about being successful, it tends to only last so long.

Bruno is doing great, and it's a disservice to both him and Nuno to compare them. He had a hard act to follow, and he's not letting us down one bit.

Back
Top Bottom