Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

PTW

Reaction score
Stupid question and nothing to do with Lage, when is the next game? It's not the FA Cup one against Norwich is it?

PTW

Reaction score
Yes. We now have our winter break :rolleyes:
Ok thanks. But when will the League sort out the COVID delayed matches? By the way I am not against the idea of a mini winter break in England. I know it goes against the culture and traditions but it's good for the players, technical staff and gives a bit of time to recover some players, even mentally.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't mind admitting I wasn't convinced by him earlier in the season but the fella has won me over 100%. Today was a perfect example of his ability to learn from previous mistakes and adapt to put them right. Absolutely schooled Frank today in the art of ****housery, having been on the recieving end of it in the reverse fixture.
Not sure it's something he'd have wanted to do but probably knew it was the best chance of getting the result.
Now hopefully he gets the backing I think he deserves.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely even the bruni naysayers must grudgingly accept he doing ok by now? I think the bloke is working wonders. Neves, moutinho, kilman, podence, silva all look better players under him. Today we looked a class above brentford and weare hard to beat. Bruno is doing well i reckon

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now leaving Nuno floundering in his slipstream (and the less said about Mick the better!)

View attachment 26307
Looking at our 2 best seasons under Nuno we got 29 and 28 points from our remaining 17 games. Even last season we got 22 points from our last 17 games. Achieve anything like again and we’ll be up there for Europe.

Mick didn’t achieve the same types of return.

PTW

Reaction score
Looking at our 2 best seasons under Nuno we got 29 and 28 points from our remaining 17 games. Even last season we got 22 points from our last 17 games. Achieve anything like again and we’ll be up there for Europe.

Mick didn’t achieve the same types of return.
Tbf with him he didn't had the players to do it.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Commentary yesterday hit the nail on the head when they said that Bruno came in wanting 4 at the back, had a look and realised the players couldn’t do it so adapted his ideas into a 343.

He’s surpassed anything I expected when we appointed him. His ideas are really showing results now and I just hope he gets given the tools to take us even further.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Everyone says Bruno plays 4 at vack and played 442 at Benfica and he did .. but Bruno is not a 1ctrick pony .. he adapts to the league and players he has available 3 at the back suits Wolves and Bruno at the moment .. we have 2nd best defense in the league .. also players are buying in to his attacking philosophy and we are seeing more goals .. Bruno is excellent

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm happy to admit i got it wrong with him, but i always did say i hoped i'd be made to look silly as i liked him. Still fear the worst for him though tbh if he gets no backing. I think it will be like Nuno's time all over again as the squad will just get run into the ground because we dont have enough options.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jesus . Not very optimistic about this .

That's a terrible CV. Caretaker manager who had a great run but a number 2 mostly.

i think we got lucky with nuno. remember they appointed zenga

it has to be Conçeiçao if we're stuck with the portuguese model and fosun are serious

otherwise the project is definitely over

He would be a sign that Fosun have thrown in the towel. Lage is just a Mendes name to fill a position without actually hoping to achieve anything.

Just read the Skybet favourites list.

**** me that’s a depressing read.

Think some of our fans who wanted him gone are in for one hell of a shock.

FFS. What a terrible day. Nuno presumably replaced by an inferior Portuguese manager.

Patricio and Moutinho look like they're on their way too.

Now we just need to see Javier Hernandez is coming in to replace Jimenez and we will have the full set

Puzzling.

I don't think Lage would last until Christmas.

SORRY…..

This is a small collection of quotes from only the FIRST page of this thread!
Crazy really.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SORRY…..

This is a small collection of quotes from only the FIRST page of this thread!
Crazy really.

As much as he is doing well now and it appears Bruno is going to achieve great things, its still very early days. Hopefully he learned how to turn things around when things are constantly going against you because he had no answers at Benfica, especially when he lost his best player. And there is a very real chance this squad could lose by far our best player in Neves, plus Moutinho and Saiss who have also been excellent for us.

As much as it looks embarrising for me and others, in the scheme of things, he's achieved nothing and still has plenty to prove. I'm fairly confident these days that he looks a smart coach, but there is a long way to go.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As much as he is doing well now and it appears Bruno is going to achieve great things, its still very early days. Hopefully he learned how to turn things around when things are constantly going against you because he had no answers at Benfica, especially when he lost his best player. And there is a very real chance this squad could lose by far our best player in Neves, plus Moutinho and Saiss who have also been excellent for us.

As much as it looks embarrising for me and others, in the scheme of things, he's achieved nothing and still has plenty to prove. I'm fairly confident these days that he looks a smart coach, but there is a long way to go.
Agree. I’m sure somewhere in their I was also rather concerned, as most of us were!!

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was not at all convinced that he was the right personality to be the main man for a Premier League club, and I wasn't enjoying the defensive football at all... but slowly and surely, he has gone about developing the team and the players. We are playing better stuff now, and it seems to be improving all the time. Also he looks more and more comfortable in the role, in front of the press and he even looks more dominant on the training ground. Most of our players look better (with the curious exception of Dendoncker really, but yesterday I thought there were signs there too). In fact he is the personfication of the way the club is working now. Patient, long term, consistent... working to get the best out of what we have. No panics, no knee jerks. This is the way to long term success. I buy into all that, not bothered about signing anyone this window even if Traore leaves. Brunos is being backed, the club are providing a pipeline of good players, they are providing stability, they are giving him the tools and he is showing he can use them. Anyway... I was completely wrong about him and it feels good to admit it.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno gave us a couple of good years but his last season was absolute dire, the most boring football I've ever seen. Nuno by design doesn't really do excitement, he will never be the life and soul of the party. Bruno does look a considerably more upbeat bloke and has already eclipsed Nuno who will always have the tag of boring round his neck. Bruno is the man, I think with the right backing he could do us proud. Of course Fosun backing him is another question.

Back
Top Bottom