Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We’ve signed Trincao!!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was involved in some good link up play with Podence in the first half. He has some great technical attributes.

Still getting used to the pace and aggression of the game over here and granted it wouldn’t do no harm for him to bulk up a bit, but people are silly to write him off already.

It's not writing him off. In context, we are a level higher than we've averaged for the previous 30 years or so. Our standard is so much higher, now. We are at that really difficult "glass ceiling" level, trying to find players who will improve us. And it isn't easy to find them. For a Championship or lower Premier club, perhaps a yo-yo team like Fulham or Norwich, sure, Trincao could probably add something right now. But we are operating a level higher than that. Does he look like a player who can take us from mid-table to top 6?

Well, nearly all would agree that no, not at the moment he doesn't. So then the question "can he ever be a top half/top 6 Premier League player?" and if so, "when?". If it's all about waiting, I suppose we could just sign up hundreds of young players all over Europe in hope that one or two strike gold. That's what the academy is all about. But the thing is, Trincao is not that young, he's older than Neto! And he's not cheap.

If he isn't used to the pace and aggression after 7 months, when will he be? I'm not sure it is those things, as I think if it was, then we would be seeing improvement. It is frustrating as he does show quite regular flashes of skill, but nothing ever comes of them. £25m for 1 or 2 tricks a match? Reminds me very much of a Steve Corica , but at Premier League level! You get the sense there is something there, but rarely see it on the pitch. Or it's of no practical use on the pitch, for our team. This is not writing him off, not saying he is a bad player at all. But as I started, our standards are so much higher ,you have to be really good to impress us now! Just saying I don't see that he is the answer to the problem of "how do we improve and consolidate our position as a top half - and higher - team in this league?". Not now, or any time in the near future.

To get to the next level, we need players at that level and I don't see that he is going to be there any time soon. He can't improve us, so spend the £25M elsewhere.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a reason Bruno is starting him and that is the kid has talent, I thought he tracked back well he did try to get tackles in and he links very well with players around him, he rarely takes the easy option and is desperate for a goal, some of the verdicts on here by mixers can best be described as harsh, he is far and above what Helder Costa was in his final years for us, a better player than Cav who I liked yet some on here would still have them over Trincao which is utter balderdash.
Jam today is what a lot of mixers want but it doesnt always happen, I would suggest he is more than holding his own in his first season in the Premier League, what was it Sancho cost Manure £75 Million? yet he is struggling to start but we have all seen Sancho can be a good player, adapting to the PL is not easy, then there is Joe Linton another who has struggled to adapt another £40 million player, and though £25 million isnt chicken feed but it aint a massive fee in this day and age Trincao does not deserve some of the brickbats he is getting on here.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
his best 45 minutes of the season then faded. Sheffield Utd played MGW at right midfield where he scored & provided plenty of chances & was raved about. He could also play as a central AM. play them alternately for the rest of the season and then decide.

Crumpo70

Reaction score
There is a reason Bruno is starting him and that is the kid has talent, I thought he tracked back well he did try to get tackles in and he links very well with players around him, he rarely takes the easy option and is desperate for a goal, some of the verdicts on here by mixers can best be described as harsh, he is far and above what Helder Costa was in his final years for us, a better player than Cav who I liked yet some on here would still have them over Trincao which is utter balderdash.
Jam today is what a lot of mixers want but it doesnt always happen, I would suggest he is more than holding his own in his first season in the Premier League, what was it Sancho cost Manure £75 Million? yet he is struggling to start but we have all seen Sancho can be a good player, adapting to the PL is not easy, then there is Joe Linton another who has struggled to adapt another £40 million player, and though £25 million isnt chicken feed but it aint a massive fee in this day and age Trincao does not deserve some of the brickbats he is getting on here.
Bang on getting better all the time. First half day was his best game in a Wolves shirt

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he’s worth keeping but not at £25m. Barca won’t get that from anyone else either as it’s unrealistic in the current climate. Reasonably offer £15-20m for a guy that wouldn’t even be on their subs bench and see if they take it. The lad has promise.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not been impressed by him throughout his loan to date but thought today, particularly the first half, was one of his better performances. Thought he had a bit of fire in his belly and a bit of tenacity which he sometimes lacks.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is definitely a player there. Patience will be a virtue with him (and Fabio) as it has been with Ait-Nouri.
For once I disagree Tring. I always rate your opinion but Trincao is so lightweight I wouldn't be surprised to see him float off towards Whitmore Reans; and for no one to notice he'd gone, such is his lack of impact. He's an empty shirt, a tart in a challenge and, imo, completely pointless. I haven't felt this underwhelmed about one of ours since I don't know when... honestly he really ****es me off.

Ait-Nouri always showed flashes of brilliance, Fabio not so much but we'd already committed. Trincao is crap, end of.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For once I disagree Tring. I always rate your opinion but Trincao is so lightweight I wouldn't be surprised to see him float off towards Whitmore Reans; and for no one to notice he'd gone, such is his lack of impact. He's an empty shirt, a tart in a challenge and, imo, completely pointless. I haven't felt this underwhelmed about one of ours since I don't know when... honestly he really ****es me off.

Ait-Nouri always showed flashes of brilliance, Fabio not so much but we'd already committed. Trincao is crap, end of.

It's 7 months now and around 1,000 minutes. That's over 10 full matches of game time. Can totally understand the "give him time" approach. But in comparison, Neto had scored 3 and 3 assists in his first 9 Premier League games. Plus a couple in the Europe League too. And at 2 years younger! Even Fabio had done more in the same game time, and is much younger. Ait-Nouri, scored on debut, had shown far more, also.

All young players are inconsistent and need time. All those mentioned had matches when they were totally off it, too. But it's that "end product" again - they had all delivered enough actual end product to suggest potential worth waiting for. Still waiting for anything of note from Trincao.

You can point to Vitinha, but then maybe Trincao will start knocking them in for Porto, or Granada, or whoever in another league in a couple of years. We surely know enough now to know that is no guarantee they can cut it in this league? We have had a serious goal scoring problem and he is a major part of it. The third forward who hasn't delivered , where Raul, Podence, Hwang and now even Traore have. (and though Fabio still has a long way to go, he appears far more capable, in this league, for our team).

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not been impressed by him throughout his loan to date but thought today, particularly the first half, was one of his better performances. Thought he had a bit of fire in his belly and a bit of tenacity which he sometimes lacks.

He has shown flashes, including second half against Brighton, but he’s not yet done enough for me to want to sign him, and certainly not at the option price quoted. Still time to change minds before the summer, but the clock is definitely ticking.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching the game right now and i think hes been pretty decent so far. What we need to do is stop comparing his rate of development to other players because not everyone gets to grips with things and develops at the same speed.

I do agree with some people though, we are in the same boat with him as we are with Adama. What they want in wages and his transfer fee arent matching his output.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao will be fine. As soon as he becomes used to the league and it’s physicality he will get better and better. He’s been average so far but you can really see there is a class player in there.

Coops

Reaction score
Best game of his wolves career today. Plays like that going forwards well worth the money.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Static, yes static large proportions of the game just standing in the same position not reacting to the game around him or looking lost. Gets caught in possession, and is very easily dispossessed.

His best games were early on in the season. He was very poor today and I'd rather we see one our youngsters given the time if we aren't going to play traore.

He doesn't look to have that spark or special something that our other youngsters who have emerged like neto, silva, RAN and further back Costa.

I really don't see how people are stating his defensive contribution either.

Coops

Reaction score
Static, yes static large proportions of the game just standing in the same position not reacting to the game around him or looking lost. Gets caught in possession, and is very easily dispossessed.

His best games were early on in the season. He was very poor today and I'd rather we see one our youngsters given the time if we aren't going to play traore.

He doesn't look to have that spark or special something that our other youngsters who have emerged like neto, silva, RAN and further back Costa.

I really don't see how people are stating his defensive contribution either.
Bod did we watch the same game today?

He pressed very well today, broke up play well and was more physical… at the same time took on players when needed.

I’ve been critical of him in the past but todays performance doesn’t warrant your comments at all.

Only time he looked naff was when he was knackered and very quickly subbed off.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how some say he was terrible today and others say one of his best games. Thought he did well first half then disappeared again afterwards.

The critical issue is he is our 3rd forward yet has never even vaguely looked like doing anything whatsoever around the box. Podence, traore, raul, silva, and huang all look dangerous in and around the box irrespective of the final ball. Trincao? No danger.

So far that is. I'm still hoping he comes good.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Bod did we watch the same game today?

He pressed very well today, broke up play well and was more physical… at the same time took on players when needed.

I’ve been critical of him in the past but todays performance doesn’t warrant your comments at all.

Only time he looked naff was when he was knackered and very quickly subbed off.
Pressed? Maybe some wild flowers at half time.

I don't think he's ready for this type of football and as I said I'm not sure he every will be. May well perform well back on the continent, perhaps that is what he needs

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't think he's ready for this type of football and as I said I'm not sure he every will be. May well perform well back on the continent, perhaps that is what he needs
There is something about him that says if he works hard at it, he'll end up having a half decent career at somewhere like Southampton.
I just don't see him being all that talented. If barca hadn't signed him nobody would give a crap.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s odd really isn’t it, the same people on here heavily criticising him are in the main the same people defending traore on other threads for virtually the same reasons.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't like that he bottles tackles. Then again, the rest of his defensive game is very good, as exhibited in the first goal today.

I'd rather he starts games and Traore - like today - punishes tired legs. Then again, 0g0a is plain poor and he needs end product. Very tidy and skilful player but the stats are damning.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore doesn’t **** out of tackles.
Oh he does, he often does, and sits on his **** moaning after legitimate tackles. And doesn’t track back as much as trincao does…. Oh yeah I forget they are different players when that’s pointed out :rolleyes:
And doesn’t move off the ball as much as he should and snatches at chances…….

bla bla bla mate, you’re like a broken record

ADAMA = good

anything alternative to ADAMA = baaaaaaddd

I can see the positives and negatives of both, I’m not blinded by a love (or dislike) for either

Coops

Reaction score

Think we massively disagree here.

Always has taken these kind of players a season to bulk up and get up to speed with premier league.

Neto and Silva have both shown it and made a difference and I think Trincao will be next

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 tackles from Trincao today.

Over the season so far Traore has 8 tackles and 2 interceptions.

Trincao has 15 tackles and 12 interceptions.

Amazing to me that people cannot see the huge gulf between the players when it comes to the rigors of the modern game where you defend from the front and are expected to do a lot more than come alive on the ball.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

5 tackles from Trincao today.

Over the season so far Traore has 8 tackles and 2 interceptions.

Trincao has 15 tackles and 12 interceptions.

Amazing to me that people cannot see the huge gulf between the players when it comes to the rigors of the modern game where you defend from the front and are expected to do a lot more than come alive on the ball.
He creates nothing, is in the bottom 40% for touches per 90 minutes for attackers in Europes top 5 leagues & his chance creation numbers are cringeworthy. Isn't he supposed to be the number 10 who knits everything together, given he never scores or assists.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

No worries at all and the feeling is mutual, I always respect your opinion. Everyone sees things slightly differently.

From memory, Neto wasn’t thrust in immediately and I remember lots of people slating him as a Mendes carousel ‘favour’ based on some of his early appearances in the Carabao Cup. And whilst I have always maintained Fabio will be an excellent player, this time last year, he was being absolutely ridiculed for being too lightweight and having no impact in games (to the extent that he had to be taken out of the firing line for Willian Jose before returning slightly stronger, in all senses, later in the season).

I think Trincao has been pretty decent in his last few appearances. Good in the second half at Brighton. Part of a great attacking performance at United. Good cameo in the Cup last week before a fairly ordinary but ok one today. I genuinely think he has the talent to be a really good player. Just needs a bit more time to develop and get used to the change in physicality in this league (he’s never going to be someone who smashes into tackles but I thought he did compete a little better in that respect yesterday).

Ideally, I’d love to have Podence, Neto, Adama and Trincao as our four wide options (supported it seems by Chiquinho) with Raul and Fabio as our strikers. Think they’re all hugely talented in their unique, respective ways. Not sure where that leaves Hwang though.

Realistically though, I think we’ll sell Adama, won’t take the option on Trincao and will sign Hwang. A lot then depends on how well Neto returns from injury and just how good Chiquinho is.

Here’s hoping it all works out regardless!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Lage will be happy with how Trincao played yesterday, I thought first half he carried the ball well, linked the play and took some risks in the final third.

Second half his off the ball work was impressive, he tracked back closed the space and did some great defensive work that I’m sure the manager appreciated.

I get some of the constructive criticism of him, but some of the stronger agricultural criticism is plainly a bit thick, reminds me of the knuckle draggers that used to criticise Keogh and the similar lightweight comments come out. Technically he is a very good player and the fact that Lage keeps picking him is enough for me and he’s the bloke whose opinion really counts.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh he does, he often does, and sits on his **** moaning after legitimate tackles. And doesn’t track back as much as trincao does…. Oh yeah I forget they are different players when that’s pointed out :rolleyes:
And doesn’t move off the ball as much as he should and snatches at chances…….

bla bla bla mate, you’re like a broken record

ADAMA = good

anything alternative to ADAMA = baaaaaaddd

I can see the positives and negatives of both, I’m not blinded by a love (or dislike) for either
Not everything he does is good and to prove it I completely agree with points above in bold.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not everything he does is good and to prove it I completely agree with points above in bold.
Well in that case I take to back, your not a broken record. You have a little scratch that jumps occasionally

ps I don’t know how old you are and whether my poor references to vinyl records will make sense :p

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well in that case I take to back, your not a broken record. You have a little scratch that jumps occasionally

ps I don’t know how old you are and whether my poor references to vinyl records will make sense :p
Unfortunately I’m easily old enough to remember vinyl records;)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is definitely a player in trincao, and if money wasn't an option I would definitely sign him.....let's give him the rest of the season but in the summer it may be a case of sign trincao permanently or get guedes with the money...

Reactions: Ned

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is definitely a player in trincao, and if money wasn't an option I would definitely sign him.....let's give him the rest of the season but in the summer it may be a case of sign trincao permanently or get guedes with the money...
The lad definitely has talent I just don’t think he’s suited to the premier league. Mind you I thought Sá would be a big downgrade on Rui so I could be completely wrong.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was decent yesterday. He’s still getting to grips with the league. You can’t really defend the stats at all but I don’t feel like he’s a dead weight in the starting 11 when he plays anymore.

You could see in pre season that he was going to struggle with the physicality. That’s not to say that he needs to bulk up, he just needs to learn to use his body better and speed his play up when the ball comes to him.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him pressing helps contribute to us getting the penalty.
I also remember him chasing back (knackered) to put in a decent slide tackle on their left back in the second half.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lad definitely has talent I just don’t think he’s suited to the premier league. Mind you I thought Sá would be a big downgrade on Rui so I could be completely wrong.
Don't think he is as bad as being made out ...some players take 12 months the settle in the premier league......there are loads of players in his position at other clubs who are the same.....Sancho for one....said before Pablo fornals struggled for 18 months and is nw a regular...

He needs a goal to settle him a bit and I think we need to judge him in may not nw....can definitely see why Bruno picks him over adama against certain teams but vice versa can see why adama comes on or starts over him against other teams ..think adama gives us more against the better teams as he streaches the play where as when we need to keep possession trincao is better .....we need our wide forward options to gives us different dynamics.

He is this season scapegoat, took over from Fabio n semedo .......but dont get me wrong he can do better ...

Last edited:

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Anyone that ends a contribution with “end of” in an attempt to close down further debate is definitely ‘lost’. An apt user name.

I agree with @Tring Wolf ... I think there’s a player in there. Sometimes, we need patience with young players.

Back
Top Bottom