Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Olympiacos refund

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He along with us all will be renewing our tickets when we can resume. This whole situation has brought a horrible element of self righteous out in people, me me me!

**** off and grow up! As I say, I'm sure he's been enjoying what football has been played and shown.... For free.... Since the back end of last summer and only achieved by players and the club's putting their staff at risk.... But that's ok, push them for your 100 quid you ungrateful ****

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I find this thread deeply reassuring. If people can get this agitated about money they had effectively already spent and therefore presumably could afford (at least at the time) but haven't got back (even though they could have) then nothing can be going too wrong with the team. Having said that I think the club should just have refunded everyone automatically.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He along with us all will be renewing our tickets when we can resume. This whole situation has brought a horrible element of self righteous out in people, me me me!

**** off and grow up! As I say, I'm sure he's been enjoying what football has been played and shown.... For free.... Since the back end of last summer and only achieved by players and the club's putting their staff at risk.... But that's ok, push them for your 100 quid you ungrateful ****

You’re obviously on the wind up, but how has anyone watched the games for free.

We’ve had games on sky, BT and prime over the last few weeks which would cost in the region of £50 a month?

D

Deleted member 11332

Oh come on. He's been a child and you know it. Throwing that beauty out to tug on heart strings. He made it statement that just because they owed it to him he pushed for it. He'll be getting a season ticket for next season trust me.....

I don't know him or his circumstances so I don't assume. Just because you and I are in a position where 100 quid is neither here nor there doesn't mean everyone is.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re obviously on the wind up, but how has anyone watched the games for free.

We’ve had games on sky, BT and prime over the last few weeks which would cost in the region of £50 a month?
How has anyone afforded that when the world is in crisis....

As said, ungrateful ***** pushes the club down a formal route when they've put all their staff at risk so we could all have entertainment...including that ****

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How has anyone afforded that when the world is in crisis....

As said, ungrateful ***** pushes the club down a formal route when they've put all their staff at risk so we could all have entertainment...including that ****
you haven't explained how he has watched games for free as stated?

instead you go of on a tandem having pop someone you don't know personal circumstances off

the club are also no more at risk than average joe who supplies your bread at asda too

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you haven't explained how he has watched games for free as stated?

instead you go of on a tandem having pop someone you don't know personal circumstances off

the club are also no more at risk than average joe who supplies your bread at asda too
Ok ok,if and it's a big if cos obviously he's a skint **** but if he had sky already (I'm going to plump and say yes) then there's been more games on than before so he's had more opportunities to watch wolves for free (or at no extra cost to what was already outlaid)

Plus premier league games are shown on BBC.....

Anyway, I will focus on the other section. We all wanted the football back, then sit on here and say how sad it is for nuno as he can't see his family when he had no chance when full on with football back on for our entertainment, players catching covid and passing to others whether that be players or club staff and only due to be being back....yet let's hound them for 100 quid... As I said, ungrateful *****

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok ok,if and it's a big if cos obviously he's a skint **** but if he had sky already (I'm going to plump and say yes) then there's been more games on than before so he's had more opportunities to watch wolves for free (or at no extra cost to what was already outlaid)

Anyway, I will focus on the other section. We all wanted the football back, then sit on here and say how sad it is for nuno as he can't see his family when he had no chance when full on with football back on for our entertainment, players catching covid and passing to others whether that be players or club staff and only due to be being back....yet let's hound them for 100 quid... As I said, ungrateful *****
firstly it doesn't even matter if he's skint or not, it's his money and he's entitled to a refund after 12 months should he need one

do you really think that £100 is going to hurt the club? course it doesn't

yes it's bad nuno, but it's his decision to stay in a job, or his decision not move family over here etc not mine yours or clubs - there's been plenty chances for this to take place.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

It should have been a choice offered by the club and for each individual concerned to decide.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
firstly it doesn't even matter if he's skint or not, it's his money and he's entitled to a refund after 12 months should he need one

do you really think that £100 is going to hurt the club? course it doesn't

yes it's bad nuno, but it's his decision to stay in a job, or his decision not move family over here etc not mine yours or clubs - there's been plenty chances for this to take place.
He can do what he wants with it of course. He'll invest it again when he can I'm sure.

blackbullyV2

Reaction score
Small claims threat!

Jesus! There's been a ****ing pandemic across the globe, we've all been affected yet have welcomed the chance to see our boys back on the pitch and you hound the club for your 100 quid!

For the 'free' football you've had the opportunity of along with all of us has allowed you to watch most if not all games that you may not have done outside of the crisis and in turn saved you much more than 100 quid!

Well done though you. Great work.
Are you having a laugh? I don't really know where to start with this pile of horse dung.

The pandemic? What does that have to do with anything? What 'free' football have I had?

I'll tell you what happened - I paid for some tickets and when I couldn't go the club didn't refund me automatically. I missed their emails about it (they go into junk) and they offered me the 'credit' in the club shop (on items they make money on) or on a potential future European game that never materialised. And you think that me "hounding" the club for that money back is in some way amiss of me??? I should not have had to take it those lengths in the first place, it was disgusting that they didn't just refund it automatically.

I tell you what, chuck me £100 for some plastering work, or for anything at all. I won't do it and if you dare to "hound" me for it back, you're the *****, is that how it works? Because there's a crisis, don't forget, like that has anything to do with it.

I have had next to work because of the crisis (unlike the footballers) and £100 to me is about 9 meals for my family. So **** off with your sanctimonious bull****.

How often do you donate £100 to Wolves? And I mean donate, I don't mean actually getting anything for your money. Ah, that's right, NEVER.

Well done you though, great work.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you having a laugh? I don't really know where to start with this pile of horse dung.

The pandemic? What does that have to do with anything? What 'free' football have I had?

I'll tell you what happened - I paid for some tickets and when I couldn't go the club didn't refund me automatically. I missed their emails about it (they go into junk) and they offered me the 'credit' in the club shop (on items they make money on) or on a potential future European game that never materialised. And you think that me "hounding" the club for that money back is in some way amiss of me??? I should not have had to take it those lengths in the first place, it was disgusting that they didn't just refund it automatically.

I tell you what, chuck me £100 for some plastering work, or for anything at all. I won't do it and if you dare to "hound" me for it back, you're the *****, is that how it works? Because there's a crisis, don't forget, like that has anything to do with it.

I have had next to work because of the crisis (unlike the footballers) and £100 to me is about 9 meals for my family. So **** off with your sanctimonious bull****.

How often do you donate £100 to Wolves? And I mean donate, I don't mean actually getting anything for your money. Ah, that's right, NEVER.

Well done you though, great work.
Oh give up. Pathetic. Still got your phone or laptop to be on here etc so sell that also, there's a few more meals for the kids mate

And funny how you know what I donate to wolves or anyone really.....

Glad you've enjoyed the football since they all returned and continued to put their health at risk (players, club staff) for everyones enjoyment Inc yours.

blackbullyV2

Reaction score
Oh give up. Pathetic. Still got your phone or laptop to be on here etc so sell that also, there's a few more meals for the kids mate

And funny how you know what I donate to wolves or anyone really.....

Glad you've enjoyed the football since they all returned and continued to put their health at risk (players, club staff) for everyones enjoyment Inc yours.
Wow, just wow. The laptop I write this one is about 5 years old, not that I need to justify myself to you. It doesn't matter if I am as rich as the footballers who are "putting their lives at risk". Totally irrelevant.

If you think that the BBC football footage is free then you don't pay your license fee, hilarious from someone who thinks they should be throwing money at them.

I don't think you understand how commerce works. You pay for something and if you don't get it, you are entitled to it back. Fin. I'm still waiting for my £100 that you're never going to see again. You'd be the first one crying if that happened, you hypocrital ****.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, just wow. The laptop I write this one is about 5 years old, not that I need to justify myself to you. It doesn't matter if I am as rich as the footballers who are "putting their lives at risk". Totally irrelevant.

If you think that the BBC football footage is free then you don't pay your license fee, hilarious from someone who thinks they should be throwing money at them.

I don't think you understand how commerce works. You pay for something and if you don't get it, you are entitled to it back. Fin. I'm still waiting for my £100 that you're never going to see again. You'd be the first one crying if that happened, you hypocrital ****.

Genuine question but what steps did you take to get your money back before threatening to take the club to a small claims court?

Did you right to the head of ticketing explaining your financial situation?

Also we all had plenty of time to get a refund for the Ticket if my memory serves me correctly so what point did you realise you had a ticket in your possession but were also struggling for cash?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question but what steps did you take to get your money back before threatening to take the club to a small claims court?

Also we all had plenty of time to get a refund for the Ticket if my memory serves me correctly so what point did you realise you had a ticket in your possession but were also struggling for cash?
Hmmmmm

The point in question. He 'missed' all the genuine correspondence from the club and without even an attempt to contact and request why he went to needing 100 quid asap so went to small claims court!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn't be crying at all to be honest so no need to be hypocritical (which is how it's spelt) at all. ;)

And I fully know how the system works, it's the action you took and the timing of it that makes you the only **** round here mate not me

blackbullyV2

Reaction score

I presumed that the club had refunded me automatically, because why wouldn't they? I first heard that this was not the case on here actually.

As previously stated, their emails go into my junk. So yes, I "missed" it.

I asked for it and they said they said no, you can have club credits. So I then said I want it back in the same format as I gave it to them (actual money) and they said they'd think about it and get back to me. After about 5 more unanswered emails I threatened them with small claims. Then I got it (minus handling fee).

The club are in no position to impose arbitrary timeframes on when I can and can't be refunded. I shouldn't have to ask them for it!!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presumed that the club had refunded me automatically, because why wouldn't they? I first heard that this was not the case on here actually.

I asked for it and they said they said no, you can have club credits. So I then said I want it back in the same format as I gave it to them (actual money) and they said they'd think about it and get back to me. After about 5 more unanswered emails I threatened them with small claims. Then I got it (minus handling fee).

The club are in no position to impose arbitrary timeframes on when I can and can't be refunded. I shouldn't have to ask them for it!!

Fair enough but I can’t see how you didn’t notice that £100 hadn’t gone into you account for so long.

If you had explained your difficult situation with the club then fair enough but if you had just demanded the money back I don’t blame them for ignoring you. act like a human and you will be treated like one.

I can see your point regarding the automatic refund but at the time no one knew how long this would go on for including Wolves so issuing instant refunds would of been a pain if things had gone back to normal with in a couple of months. I would imagine with most staff on furlough and deadlines for refund long gone the ticket office would of been running on a skeleton staff of about one.

Either way I think both yourself and the club could of handled the situation a bit better but either way there’s no excuse for the abuse you have received or dished out.

It’s all got a bit out of hand.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Legally, if you purchased tickets directly from the club you are entitled to a refund. The club cannot apply arbitrary deadlines. Their attempt to do so is actually slightly dubious and other organisations doing similar have come a legal cropper.

As it happens l chose to get my Olympiakos ticket refunded and left the balance of my 19/20 season ticket with the club. I could afford to do so but I get that others either couldn't do so at the time or things may have changed for them subsequently.

Last edited:

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Legally, if you purchased tickets directly from the club you are entitled to a refund. The club cannot apply arbitrary deadlines. Their attempt to do so is actually slightly dubious and other organisations doing similar have come a legal cropper.

As it happens l chose to get my Olympiakos ticket refunded and left the balance of my 19/20 season ticket with the club. I could afford to do so but I get that that others couldn't either do so at the time or things may have changed for them subsequently.
Same, it was a joke the way they went around trying to hold onto the Olympiacos money. Especially after we’d been knocked out.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not too sure how people left their money with the club. Of course they are perfectly entitled to if they want to. I wasn't involved in either Olympiakos tickets or season ticket money. However if I had of been the old adage of "I know where the money is better off, in my pocket not theirs" would have kicked in.

D

Deleted member 11332

I'm not too sure how people left their money with the club. Of course they are perfectly entitled to if they want to. I wasn't involved in either Olympiakos tickets or season ticket money. However if I had of been the old adage of "I know where the money is better off, in my pocket not theirs" would have kicked in.

I did tbf. I'm not really ***** about the money as I'll get it eventually. Maybe I'm a mug.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did tbf. I'm not really ***** about the money as I'll get it eventually. Maybe I'm a mug.

I did the same. I know I will get it back eventually.

Easiest thing to do would be to let us use the Olympiakos credit against our season ticket.

I can’t see us having a Big side in a premium cup competition at home for a while. Even a Man City or Man Utd in the early rounds of either cups wouldn’t justify the club charging the £30 that game cost us.

D

Deleted member 11332

I did the same. I know I will get it back eventually.

Easiest thing to do would be to let us use the Olympiakos credit against our season ticket.

I can’t see us having a Big side in a premium cup competition at home for a while. Even a Man City or Man Utd in the early rounds of either cups wouldn’t justify the club charging the £30 that game cost us.

Unless they are completely daft. Best thing to do is add 30 as ticket cash. Simple

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless they are completely daft. Best thing to do is add 30 as ticket cash. Simple
Well they're completely daft then as they stated to me they won't do that.

I was told by a 'Ticketing Team Leader' reluctantly they will give you a refund now as the goalposts for the credit has moved again (you have to kick up a fuss they're not openly offering) but in no uncertain terms if I didn't take it now but then could not make the game THE CLUB chose for the credit I would just lose it completely.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The email also went into my junk folder so i missed the original deadline too. I called up a while back and asked for a refund. It took a bit of moaning and they eventually refunded it. Lets face it, those tickets should have been refunded automatically but they have tried it on.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well they're completely daft then as they stated to me they won't do that.

I was told by a 'Ticketing Team Leader' reluctantly they will give you a refund now as the goalposts for the credit has moved again (you have to kick up a fuss they're not openly offering) but in no uncertain terms if I didn't take it now but then could not make the game THE CLUB chose for the credit I would just lose it completely.
If the club really believe that they wouldn't lose a legal action in such circumstances they are frankly at best legally misinformed.....

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club really believe that they wouldn't lose a legal action in such circumstances they are frankly at best legally misinformed.....
Guess we'll see when they pick a Tuesday night League Cup 2nd round and try and enforce it against people who've not read this thread, not questioned the email, or not got it at all.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess we'll see when they pick a Tuesday night League Cup 2nd round and try and enforce it against people who've not read this thread, not questioned the email, or not got it at all.
It could cost the club a whole lot of money. Firstly they almost certainly wouldn't, if the small claims channel is used, recover any of their legal costs. Secondly when litigation is between an individual and a company the former gets to pick a court convenient to them. So Wolves could face cases in Cornwall and Durham. Thirdly if they are really unlucky a legal firm might go for a group action....

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could cost the club a whole lot of money. Firstly they almost certainly wouldn't, if the small claims channel is used, recover any of their legal costs. Secondly when litigation is between an individual and a company the former gets to pick a court convenient to them. So Wolves could face cases in Cornwall and Durham. Thirdly if they are really unlucky a legal firm might go for a group action....
I'll be honest I'd imagine they'd cave and just hand out refunds for anyone who really kicked up a fuss but not actively offer it (like they have done both times they've previously changed the terms of the credit).

So its all well and fine for the more savy/questioning amongst us but some will simply take it, feel sorry for them.

Lovely way to treat your supporters eh!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We still have our tickets for the Olympiakos game. I haven’t claimed a refund or anything
Is there any need to keep them ? Does anyone know if they will just take the money off our ST for next season or will we be able to swap them for a league cup game or summat ?

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We still have our tickets for the Olympiakos game. I haven’t claimed a refund or anything
Is there any need to keep them ? Does anyone know if they will just take the money off our ST for next season or will we be able to swap them for a league cup game or summat ?
If you've not a refund you have a credit on your account. You'll be able to use it against a domestic cup game (of Wolves choosing not yours if you can't make it you lose the £) next season.

No need to keep hold of the physical tickets etc its stored against your supporter number.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got my refund a while ago now, no bother. But just noticed Arsenal are playing Olympiakos now and in my desk draw have just found the print at home ticket for the game which should have taken place a year tomorrow!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just noticed that there is mention of how they intend to deal with any remaining Olympiacos tickets in an FA Cup tickets message

FA Cup third round ticket information
Didn't notice this when I bought my ticket for the Blades game. Why didn't they just email this information directly to all those who hold unrefunded Olympiakos tickets? I get bombarded daily with emails that try to sell me stuff I don't want, but they hide this info in a footnote on the official site.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't notice this when I bought my ticket for the Blades game. Why didn't they just email this information directly to all those who hold unrefunded Olympiakos tickets? I get bombarded daily with emails that try to sell me stuff I don't want, but they hide this info in a footnote on the official site.
How much do you want to bet that they don't have a full consolidated list. What a farce. Glad that l took the refund.

Back
Top Bottom