Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wondering ......

BREAKING NEWS

Tottenham and Serge Aurier in talks over a mutual contract termination.

If agreed, the defender essentially becomes a free transfer and can join another club beyond the deadline.
No - we need CMs.

Coops

Reaction score
Honestly i think we should have tried to ship Boly and get one of the new younger lads in (Botman / Caleta-Car).

Love the guy but think he's done for injury wise given the last 12 months..

NorthWolf

Reaction score
Neves picks up yellow cards like Prince Andrew does 16 year old girls. When he’s suspended let’s hope Moutinho and Donk aren’t t injured or we’ve literally no back up

Biggest **** up in years at a club that’s the mater of poor situations. 3 ******* midfielders? I’m the biggest optimist going but you can’t go a whole season with 3 ****ing midfielders.

Whose really to blame here??
Every team in the league will know this, every team in the league will target this, and don't give me that "they don't go out to injure other players" crap because they do, and certain teams more than others do.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every team in the league will know this, every team in the league will target this, and don't give me that "they don't go out to injure other players" crap because they do, and certain teams more than others do.

Makes sense to do just that as it will pretty much put us into a relegation scrap with the limited options we have.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok - so I was a positive Jeff supporting believer.

How do I feel tonight.

Mixed emotions.

I remain hugely thankful for the best 3 seasons I’ve been to and been able to take my daughter to. For that I thank Fosun and Nuno - and hugely so.

Do I think the signings we have made are positive? Yes.

Am I comfortable with those players sold? Yes

Am I delighted we’ve retained Neves and Traore? Yes

How short do I think we are? 1 quality CM of a really good window and 1 quality CM and a quality CB (capable of enabling us to play a back 4) short of a brilliant window.

Do I believe we tried to sign both? Yes we were linked to a couple of quality defenders and midfielders (plus another striker) but due to a mix of reasons they didn’t come off. None of us know why.

Going into a season though with only 3 CMs and our back-ups out on loan (2 going today) is more than a missed opportunity, it is negligent. I can only hope we don’t have an injury or suspension.

How do I feel about Fosun? Still thankful overall, but I do question the competence of the team. Not just from failing to get a CM but also from various other decisions (temporary stand debacle, not building second temporary stand, not developing ground, season tickets prices, home ticket distribution, ticket prices generally). I look forward to the explanation and, in 122 days, to rectify this error.
Very good post

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had work and not kept up with today thankfully seeing as it started optimistically and we have actually finished the day with a weaker squad, 3 centre midfielders, the same defence still that was in the championship.

We literally had 2 main targets this window centre back and centre mid and miserably failed at both, there needs to be a change at the top because clearly the guys running the club shouldn't be anywhere near the jobs they currently do as they are totally inept at their jobs of running a football club

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised your sources don't know. Any interest from loads of top clubs in Neves still or?
I only got one, and all he could tell me was he wasn't going there. After the way they've started the season, you can see why

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
Guys, believe me I know its difficult to be constructive right now, but.... if you were recruiting for a team struggling to find at least one CM and you were FORCED to look at players available on a "Free", who would you short list????

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe Lage has seen something in Cundle to think he can make the grade? Maybe Jordao/ Shabani are not too far from a return. It simply doesn’t make sense otherwise for your central midfielders to consist of neves moutinho and Dendoncker.

It’s probably been said already, but I imagine Jeff has said to Bruno… you can have a few incomings, but it will cost you Neves or Traore and Bruno has preferred to stick (…for now).

The fact Lage repeatedly stated that 3-4 top players are required to improve the first team unfortunately contradicts both of the above.

Poor Bruno, been well and truly shafted. Deserved more.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guys, believe me I know its difficult to be constructive right now, but.... if you were recruiting for a team struggling to find at least one CM and you were FORCED to look at players available on a "Free", who would you short list????

Is that alpaca with TB still knocking about?

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The class of 2021/22

GK: Sa, Ruddy

DF/WB: Kilman, Coady, Boly, Mosquera (Injured), Marcal (will be injured), Hoever, Semedo, Ait-Nouri, Jonny (injured), Saiss

MF: Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker

Forwards : Jimenez, Silva, Hwang, Podence, Traore, Trincao, Neto (Injured)

Wow!

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

PTS 12 hours ago, another one Jeff left too late

Coops

Reaction score

Sorry to let you know but....

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If things don't change before the deadline shuts, then Fosun have got this terribly wrong. For an investment company, how can they not see a player like Botman not being a good investment? It's crazy what's going on. We are a smaller, weaker squad than last year, and look how we struggled with any kind of injury then. This is just madness and I'm starting to lose faith in their ambitions after being a massive supporter of what they were doing.

Maybe it wasn't the club losing faith in Nuno, maybe it was Nuno losing faith in Fosun and their ambitions. Lage us going to be on a hiding to nothing. He said 3 or 4 signings to an already small squad, he gained one player and lost another it's just crazy and I must admit if I were him I'd be considering walking.
Investment is done. 30 mil buy now worth 300 mil and 100 mil off sky coming in every year.

They couldn’t care less anymore as long as we stay up and turn a profit on a few players.

harju

Reaction score
Why forced? I thought its pretty obvious they made atleast 15M maybe even 25M after that for CB. And those deals were dead and rejected early. You can change CB budget to CM budget and vice versa.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Pathetic, but expected. What decent players would want to join Wolves at the moment? We’re a team of players that want to leave, a manager that isn’t being backed, and heading for a long relegation fight. Don’t blame any decent players wanting to join this ****show.

Coops

Reaction score
The class of 2021/22

DF/WB: Kilman, Coady, Boly, Mosquera (Injured), Marcal (will be injured), Hoever, Semedo, Ait-Nouri, Jonny (injured), Saiss

Wow!
To be fair to Marcal he's played great so far and hasn't got crocked so far. I really hope he can do a whole season for us.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny Hibbit but I doubt Jeff would meet his £280 per week wage demand.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The class of 2021/22

Wow!
22 total.

Quantity? Fine.

It's the imbalance that hits you. Ouch.

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score

Good know that "we've" not lost our sense of humour, guys!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The class of 2021/22

Wow!
Mosquera is back in training.
Squad is so unbalanced.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Trust them we were told. We learn from.our mistakes we were told. When have we let you down we were told. Well, as a positive happy clappy supporter who has defended them all summer, who has waited patiently for a cm and defender that bruno also clearly knew we needed, i am truly dissapointed that we have left ourselves open to the risk of a couple of key injuries ruining our season again. This is just simply ineptitude of the highest order, panicking on the last day scrabbling to get a deal done, which they have been clearly unsuccessful at. We will live to fight another day but this hurts tonight.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Marcal he's played great so far and hasn't got crocked so far. I really hope he can do a whole season for us.
Fully agree but with his record i think its fairly likely he will be out again soon.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Loaning out Sondergaard at the last moment sums up how disorganised this window and the wider club is at the moment.

we have 2 senior keepers left but 2 Out on loan, we haven’t learned our lesson after Raul’s injury last year and again we are taking another gamble, same situation with MGW to Sheff Untied but no replacements brought in

Back
Top Bottom